“A really good hotel at a reasonable price!”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Florida
“A really good hotel at a reasonable price!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel to Tallahassee regularly, but this was the first time I tried Sleep Inn. It is tucked away a block or so from the interstate in a secluded forested area. Once I find a hotel I like, I stick with it - and taking a chance on a new hotel is a big deal for me. The room was quiet, no road noise and only some minor noise from upstairs. Comfortable bed. The breakfast was standard fare, nothing notable - a little bit better than the La Quinta on N Monroe. Another deal breaker for me is strong smells or perfumed cleaning agents in a hotel - I will not check into a hotel with musty/smoky/strong odors at all. This hotel had a clean, fresh smell with no strong odors.

The only complaint I had was the refrigerator in my room did not work properly. There was no price difference between rooms with or without, so I did not make a big deal about it. Actually the first room I was given had a working refrigerator, but it was making a loud ticking noise, so they gave me a different room. At that point I just accepted the 2nd room and used my cooler and ice.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Off the busy overcrowded North Monroe hotel row - and well worth the drive - really not that much farther from FSU/Downtown. I also felt safer at this hotel than over on N Monroe arriving after 11 p.m.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Sean D., I thank you for your review and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please contact me for all your future stays. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was impressed that the room was small, yet well appointed. The staff was awesome and the breakfast was better than most provided at lower star motels. We slept well until morning when trucks began pulling out. It was time to leave and it didn't bother us or diminish the experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not in the best of locations, tucked up a quiet alleyway off the highway, but the rooms must be well insulated as there was no road noise. Did feel a little uneasy in the secluded parking lot.

The hotel is a bit old and tired, and they have no elevator - not great if you have heavy cases - but luckily I was able to switch to a ground floor room. There was a smell of smoke in the hallway, caused by the placing of smoking and non smoking rooms next door to one another. Having said that, the room smelled fine and was very clean. The bed was very soft, but comfortable. Breakfast was ok but nothing special.

All in all, fine for an overnight, but probably not much more.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor if you have much luggage, unless you want to drag it up the stairs
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Englishman-in-theUSA
fun4oli
Reviewed April 28, 2013

What I liked about this one is that it is removed from the big busy street by a row of tall trees and a hill behind it, so you feel nicely tucked away, a bit of a haven away from the Interstates. The room was clean and appropriately furnished. One of the better ones on my road trip. The only thing I would have wished for was that the window could be opened as it was a comfortable temperature outside in April and the room got stuffy, so I had to run the A/C. It did not matter to me but there is no elevator to the second floor. If you want to go to downtown Tallahassee it is a 15-20 minute drive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Friendly staff who make sure your stay is a pleasant one.
Owner's are very involved and also make you feel welcomed.
Location is very convenient.
Rooms are clean and comfortable.
We have stayed at this Hotel many times over the years and will
continue to do so.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be equal, however traffic noise is more noticeable with rooms facing the parking a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Mr Charles, It was a truly a privilege for us to have you and your lovely wife as our guests once again. You are more like a member of our family than a guest. It is always great to see you and look forward to seeing you in the near future. Once again I thank you.
Dublin, California
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our first stay at a Sleep Inn and we were very pleasantly surprised. This hotel was just what we needed; convinient and clean. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The staff was nice and the breakfast was enough to start our day happy. We will be back at this and other Sleep Inns.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kimp738
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Excellent staff, nice breakfast, comfortable room ... would stay here again for certain! The location is really nice and easy to get in and out of. The room was good and the price more than reasonable. Appreciate the morning breakfast when I am traveling. That alone saves $$.

Room Tip: This Sleep Inn is on the circle around Tallahassee. It is in a quiet location and the circle is a g...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mary D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallahassee
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
Econo Lodge North
#36 of 58 in Tallahassee
Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District
WoodSpring Suites Tallahassee Northwest

Been to Sleep Inn? Share your experiences!