“Clean and Affordable”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #31 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The hotel stay was a great experience. The hotel was right off the interstate. Our room was clean and had all the amenities you would want. The staff was friendly and quick with their service. Breakfast was free and checkout was a snap.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to stay in Tallahassee.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Dear Guest , we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and stay with us. We hope to provide a even better experience for you next time.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Room #111 - absolute nightmare. Husband is handicap and rec'd room with walk-in shower; however, it slopes and he nearly fell. There was a light out above the bed; stains on the radio and phone. The ironing board heavily stained and holes. That should have been an indicator before I began ironing to check-out the iron. Yep!!! My white capris were stained by the iron. Argumentative night clerk. To top everything off there was feces/blood stain in the doorway of the bathroom. Disgusting. The Health Dept. needs to be notified. What a wonderful Mother's Day celebration ... NOT. The hotel will not compensate our stay, since we failed to continue to argue with the night clerk who was challenging to say the very least. We are at fault for their failure to maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of their rooms. POOR Management. In my humble opinion!!! Just a friendly warning.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel. The Hampton Inn wonderful alternative.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lee Ann M
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your room. I looked into your stay and noticed that the staff did offer to move you to a handicap room but you did not take up the offer. We strive to make sure our guests are moved to another room if they are unhappy with the room they are given.
As we were completely unaware of any other issues with your room, we are sorry to hear that you were unhappy. Usually, guests would come down right away and complain about the issues. I'm sorry that you did not present your situation directly to us when you were at the hotel, but waited to reported it much later.
I'm glad we were able to compensate you for your inconvenience, Again, thank you for your feeback.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel has been renovated and you can tell. We were happy to feel safe and enjoyed our stay. We will come again!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Justina K
Reviewed May 7, 2012

If I could give a negative number, I would. Went to Tally to enjoy family graduation. Prices were over $200 per night with 2 night min. (I've paid less to stay at a luxury beach resort in the Islands!) The hotel was filthy, beds uncomfortable, pool disgusting, walls so thin I could hear next door all night, toilet running all night, breakfast was a joke. When I went to check out, they had added an additional $200 in fees that they had not disclosed and told me I could not dispute. Really? Hide your credit card! Don't stay here. (And yes, I did request the manager to call me back, but its been a week now, so I guess I will stop holding my breath!)

Room Tip: Don't go. Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet W
fl337, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad you were able to visit Tallahassee on such a special event such as graduation. I assure you the rates and stay requirements for our hotel during this special event weekend were highly competitive with other hotels in the area. As for your additional fees, the only additional charges would be for such items as undisclosed pets, cleaning fees, or missing items from the room. I wish you had mentioned the other issues you had with your room and the hotel during your stay or at check out. We always strive to communicate with our guest via email or phone and therefore am surprised that I am not aware of any calls to return.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I was on the road a long time and felt like family at this cozy hotel. The staff was friendly and seemed to take an intenterest in my situation. The hotel had a warm atmosphere and I could tell personnal attention was given to each aspect of the hotel. Maintenance was being performed but not in any way disruptive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank robert l
Reviewed April 29, 2012

hotel is very clean best rate nice break fast and also staff is very helpful internet work good

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank thakor p
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed in March 2012. As soon as you entered it smelled like cigarette smoke though it was a non-smoking hotel Appeared to have been under renovation since carpet was torn up and there were holes in many walls, but staff never mentioned hotel was under renovation nor were there signs indicating so. Breakfast was substandard; essentially no hot meal other than make your own waffle. Room was dirty and had unpleasant odor. Showerhead and caulking around shower door had mold growing. Pool was closed because water was dark green from the algae growing in it. It's a two story hotel but there is no elevator. Ice machine on first floor never had ice in it. Highly recommed avoiding this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jared S

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize for your inconvenience during your stay in March as we were experiencing a plumbing emergency. We strive to make guests comfortable during such times. Also I'm sorry you were disappointed with our standard Sleep Inn Morning Medley breakast. Let me assure you, beginning June 2012 we will be starting our new hot breakfast! Our pool is seasonal and now is open for guests to enjoy. We hope you will come back to enjoy the breakfast and pool.