“Great staff and great value!”

Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This hotel provides a great value. Check-in is personal, friendly and quick. I called to ask about bringing my dog (which they allow with a minimal fee and reasonable conditions). They put me in a room close to the back door where the dog walk area is. Very thoughtful and convenient. The room was very nice and clean. After I checked out, they found a flash drive in the room and called to see if it was mine. It wasn't, but they took the time to read off file names so I could be sure. This is exceptional service in my experience. Stay here - you won't be sorry. The only possible negative for me was that it's not near FSU, but it's not that far either. Give it a try!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed August 12, 2010

I'm not quite sure why this place is getting 5 star reviews. While StudioPlus does offer a great price, it is not 5 stars. While the carpet looked clean our feet were dirty by the end of the night by just walking on the floor. The place is old, smells of smoke (even in a non smoking room) and you can hear the sounds of dogs barking at night.

As my husband and I were going to bed we realized that there were ants along the headboard of our bed. We followed them all the way to the air conditioning unit. At this time we would have switched rooms but it was 10:00 and both of my children (2 and 6 mos) were sleeping. We proceeded to kill the ants with our fingers.

The next morning when I informed the MANAGER of the problem she seemed completely un-phased. Her response, "So, sorry, the ants are hot and want to get inside." I wasn't hoping for a discount or a free stay. What I was hoping for was a response like, "Oh, my I'll call someone right away to fix this problem."

It is apparent that the manager of the StudioPlus in Tallahassee in aware of the ant problem, but hasn't really tried much to fix the problem. Ants belong outside not my headboard. It's unfortunate that the manager gave me no assurance that this ant problem would be fixed. I feel quite confident that a stay at StudioPlus in Tallahassee will not happen again.

**If I could do it over again I'd pay $15-30 more at a hotel that offered FREE internet access and a complimentary breakfast. After the internet charge and cost for breakfast out I probably could have stayed a hotel that valued their customers**

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We stayed for three nights with our 2 yr old son. Great rate and great staff. Kitchen was must and saved us a lot of cash on food. Definitely would recommend.

Reviewed May 22, 2010

We travelled to Tallahassee for a two (2) night stay and we chose this hotel based on other tripadvisor reviews. This place exceeded my expectations. It was clean, spacious with a full kitchenette, full fridge, counters with bar stools, microwave, oven, dishwasher and cable TV with a few SHOtime channels.

The front desk clerk at checkin was very sweet and helpful and the location was perfect. Our trip was to participate at our daughters FSU orientation and the hotel was 10 mins away from FSU. And walkable from the hotel is Outback Steakhouse, McDonalds, TGI Friday's, Steak N' Shake.

All-in-all we not only loved our stay as the value/comfort were the best we found, we will also make this our home when visiting Tallahassee in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank agarneau
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I travel to Tallahassee frequently for pleasure and also medical treatment and prefer at least a fridge and microwave in my room. StudioPlus has full kitchens -- and immaculate, quiet, spacious rooms (pillowtop beds xtra nice); an exceptionally courteous staff; a sweet little swimming pool, and free access to the nearby Gold's Gym. All for well under $100. AMAZING. The only potential drawback is there's no housekeeping service for stays under 7 days, and no continental breakfast. But you can swap your linens (towels large and fluffy) and get more supplies daily. Front desk open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. and after that, there's an emergency number. Love the location, near Killearn and Fresh Market. Also, you can walk to Outback restaurant, 2 blocks away. Will return again and again!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at the Studio Plus with my family and loved every minute of it. Every employee that I came in contact with was nice and went out of their way to make sure we had a great time. The manager went above and beyond to help us out with our accomodations. She was great! They were a breath of fresh air in our world of poor customer service. Plus, the rates were incredibly reasonable. As far as I am concerned they are the only hotel in Tallahassee.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Hassee07
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I loved this hotel. We had our choice of rooms. I was traveling with another female who was concerned about security at the hotel. No problem. All food deliveries are made to the front desk and no one ever comes to your door because they won't give out your room number. Sweet suite deal. The front desk ladies were amazing helpful to us in finding our way around Tallahassee.

The room was a fantastic value for the money. Stayed two nights and loved the quiet on the first floor no less. Unheard of. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business