“Enjoyed My Stay”

Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Was in Tallahassee on business.. The Extended Stay provided all of the comfort's of home away from home.. Staff was extremely professional and courteous... Could not have asked for better service... Rooms were spacious.. Outback Steak House is next store. They delivered to the lobby which made it convenient.. The extended stay "breakfast to go" is not intended to provide a normal continental breakfast so, I thought the selection was right on spot...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay. I was happy to read that we provided you with a "home away from home" experience. I'm glad that you found your room to be clean and spacious. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time your business brings you to the area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went up to replace flooring in mothers home,,was nice to have a home away from home to rest and eat @ night..Spacious room 2 beds, and 1 sofa bed, full kitchen and clean working bathroom for hot shower after working.

Room Tip: 2 beds and a sofabed with kitchen are large rooms, not all jammed together.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Sheila – Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean, spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Spent the night here recently before going to an interview in Tallahassee. Bed was comfortable, and the room was nice and quiet to sleep in all night long. The shower was also good and hot, and the hotel isn't too far of a drive to downtown and local dining options. The breakfast, however, was a joke.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a quiet, comfortable room during your visit. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your convenient location. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was just right for the cost we paid. The rooms were quite musty, but they were clean and neat for the most part. It was nice to have a kitchenette to empty our cooler into overnight, and the staff was extremely friendly. It is in a wonderful location for just passing through town en route. Would stay here again!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Krissy – Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, our friendly staff, and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that you found your room to be musty; however, I’m happy that your room was clean and neat overall. Thank you again for your comments. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

On Feb 28, 2014 we stayed at the Extended Stay Hotel in Tallahassee. Check in was fast and efficient Our room was a nice corner room on the first floor overlooking the pool. The room and the bathroom was large and comfortable. The towels were the softest that I have ever encountered in a hotel. The bed was large and very comfortable and we had a great night sleep. The hotel has easy access to many restaurants in the area. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: I like the corner room so that you get more windows and you feel like you are in a studio apartment...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location and the soft towels in your room. We really appreciate you providing us with your comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Recently stayed two nights while moving our daughter to Tallahassee for grad school. We were awakened repeatedly in the wee hours by very loud intermittent noises of carts being rolled by, trash being emptied, stair climbing and elevator noise, and vacuuming of tile floors right outside the guest rooms (at 4:09 am). We have frequented many hotels both here and abroad in the past and this was a first. This practice just seems irrational and insane but when I spoke to the office at checkout, I was informed that this was the policy of the hotel to have the night staff do the laundry, trash, mopping, and yes...vacuuming in the middle of the night. This is an unfortunate but unacceptable flaw, because in many ways the hotel is fine.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Rita H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very sorry that you were affected by our staff's nighttime responsibilities. At this time, we do have tasks that can only be completed overnight; however, in the future the staff will be much more mindful of sleeping guests, by adjusting the times and ways these tasks are performed.

Once again, I thank you for your comments. Should you care to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at 850.383.1700.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in there was no front desk, just an office to the left with a woman on the phone. After a 5 minute wait I was called in, checked in and sent on my way. I had a "queen" studio, one bed, living area, bath and full size kitchen. This place actually reminded me of places I had lived many decades ago! The kitchen was a very nice plus for extended stays, as it is full size with stove, you can live forever in here. The bed was comfy enough, and the pillows! Ahhhh....may days my eyes popped open and I was late for work. There were 2 non descript foam pillows which were immediately tossed to the side, and then two pillows of down,,,,heaven! There was extra linen in the closet, so this was great as a cold snap came in my last two days. There was a living area with full size pull out couch and chair, but I never used them, as the color and shading indicated much use. The bathroom was standard, but the lack of immenties was obvious, only a small bar of hand soap with enough pumice in it to feel like Lava....bring your own for sure. There is no business center, but the front desk(>?) Staff will help, but it has to be between their assigned jobs, so you may want to go to Staples. I AM A SMOKER. I said it. The room I was in had a smell. It was a combination f smoke and something else,old,mold,old people....coulnd't pin point it. It stayed in my hair and clothes, I smelled it for the next day. Perhaps the carpets were shampooed and used before dry? The air conditioner/heat was never an issue, as it id what it was supposed to....cold air when needed!!!! This visit was a reminder of days gone by,from decor to quickness of staff......just dated. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to help, but their hands were tied with the amount of equipment they are issued. A business center is the number one thing this place needs, the second is a thourugh cleaning and air freshners. Would return, but not by choice.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Franklin - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us and I was pleased to read that you found our beds and pillows comfortable. I was also happy that you were able to make use of your fully equipped kitchen. The staff is always happy to help with business center assistance when needed, but having a designated guest business center is something we hope will be in place in our hotel soon.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. To discuss your stay further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at tal@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.