“About Right for the Price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn

Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Spring, Texas, USA
“About Right for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was just right for the cost we paid. The rooms were quite musty, but they were clean and neat for the most part. It was nice to have a kitchenette to empty our cooler into overnight, and the staff was extremely friendly. It is in a wonderful location for just passing through town en route. Would stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Krissy – Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, our friendly staff, and your fully equipped kitchen. Still, I apologize that you found your room to be musty; however, I’m happy that your room was clean and neat overall. Thank you again for your comments. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Guelph, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

On Feb 28, 2014 we stayed at the Extended Stay Hotel in Tallahassee. Check in was fast and efficient Our room was a nice corner room on the first floor overlooking the pool. The room and the bathroom was large and comfortable. The towels were the softest that I have ever encountered in a hotel. The bed was large and very comfortable and we had a great night sleep. The hotel has easy access to many restaurants in the area. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: I like the corner room so that you get more windows and you feel like you are in a studio apartment...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location and the soft towels in your room. We really appreciate you providing us with your comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us the next time you’re in the area.
Englewood, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Recently stayed two nights while moving our daughter to Tallahassee for grad school. We were awakened repeatedly in the wee hours by very loud intermittent noises of carts being rolled by, trash being emptied, stair climbing and elevator noise, and vacuuming of tile floors right outside the guest rooms (at 4:09 am). We have frequented many hotels both here and abroad in the past and this was a first. This practice just seems irrational and insane but when I spoke to the office at checkout, I was informed that this was the policy of the hotel to have the night staff do the laundry, trash, mopping, and yes...vacuuming in the middle of the night. This is an unfortunate but unacceptable flaw, because in many ways the hotel is fine.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Rita H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very sorry that you were affected by our staff's nighttime responsibilities. At this time, we do have tasks that can only be completed overnight; however, in the future the staff will be much more mindful of sleeping guests, by adjusting the times and ways these tasks are performed.

Once again, I thank you for your comments. Should you care to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at 850.383.1700.
Southern States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in there was no front desk, just an office to the left with a woman on the phone. After a 5 minute wait I was called in, checked in and sent on my way. I had a "queen" studio, one bed, living area, bath and full size kitchen. This place actually reminded me of places I had lived many decades ago! The kitchen was a very nice plus for extended stays, as it is full size with stove, you can live forever in here. The bed was comfy enough, and the pillows! Ahhhh....may days my eyes popped open and I was late for work. There were 2 non descript foam pillows which were immediately tossed to the side, and then two pillows of down,,,,heaven! There was extra linen in the closet, so this was great as a cold snap came in my last two days. There was a living area with full size pull out couch and chair, but I never used them, as the color and shading indicated much use. The bathroom was standard, but the lack of immenties was obvious, only a small bar of hand soap with enough pumice in it to feel like Lava....bring your own for sure. There is no business center, but the front desk(>?) Staff will help, but it has to be between their assigned jobs, so you may want to go to Staples. I AM A SMOKER. I said it. The room I was in had a smell. It was a combination f smoke and something else,old,mold,old people....coulnd't pin point it. It stayed in my hair and clothes, I smelled it for the next day. Perhaps the carpets were shampooed and used before dry? The air conditioner/heat was never an issue, as it id what it was supposed to....cold air when needed!!!! This visit was a reminder of days gone by,from decor to quickness of staff......just dated. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to help, but their hands were tied with the amount of equipment they are issued. A business center is the number one thing this place needs, the second is a thourugh cleaning and air freshners. Would return, but not by choice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Franklin - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us and I was pleased to read that you found our beds and pillows comfortable. I was also happy that you were able to make use of your fully equipped kitchen. The staff is always happy to help with business center assistance when needed, but having a designated guest business center is something we hope will be in place in our hotel soon.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. To discuss your stay further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at tal@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Leesburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Traveled with mother,sister,and dog. Room very clean and spacious (2 queen beds). Kitchen allowed us to keep on our personal food diets (gluten free, vegetarian) Staff uber helpful with pet, billing, and luggage left behind. Will be coming to Tallahassee regularly and will book again at Extended Stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our property. The entire staff takes great pride in making every guest's stay better than expected, so I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is very rewarding to know that your clean room and the ability to cook for specialty diets in your room made your stay so much better.

Thank you for staying with us again. We hope to see you again in the future!
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Room was ok. However, they put our no smoking room at end of smoking hallway. Smoke choked me on way to room and had to stuff towels under door to try to keep smoke out. Surprised smoke alarms did not go off!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Chuck - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that your room had a smoke odor. As of right now, our designated smoking rooms are on the first floor and have been reduced in number over the years. Our goal is to ensure that these rooms do not affect our non-smoking guests, so we will continue to work towards ensuring this is met.

I thank you again for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of further assistance.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I always use Extended Stay because my business requires I stay 7 days per location which qualifies for weekly rates. Rather than going through priceline and having to make a blind bid and taking what they offer or getting stuck with a no cancel policy like expedia I go directly through the extended stay website.

With the weekly discount you pay from about $50 to 80 a night AND you get a functional kitchen which can save you more. Housekeeping only comes once but thats actually preferable to me.

Tallahassee staff is friendly and helpful, they have a pool and the rooms are clean and comfortable. When I thought I had a billing problem the manager personally checked my folio for my discounts. The 12.5% tax charged in Florida made it seem as if my discounts had not been applied.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandpaco
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review of our property. I was very happy to read that Extended Stay Hotels, are your hotel of choice. Regardless of the hotel location you choose, you can count on our same day cancellation policy, an affordable rate and a well equipped kitchen so you don't have to eat out so often, saving you even more money. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and are pleased to now offer our guests a Grab 'N Go breakfast and free WiFi. Our amenities make us a perfect fit for the business traveler.

We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.