“Too noisy for sleep due to this hotel's nighttime housekeeping policy.”

Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Ranked #23 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Recently stayed two nights while moving our daughter to Tallahassee for grad school. We were awakened repeatedly in the wee hours by very loud intermittent noises of carts being rolled by, trash being emptied, stair climbing and elevator noise, and vacuuming of tile floors right outside the guest rooms (at 4:09 am). We have frequented many hotels both here and abroad in the past and this was a first. This practice just seems irrational and insane but when I spoke to the office at checkout, I was informed that this was the policy of the hotel to have the night staff do the laundry, trash, mopping, and yes...vacuuming in the middle of the night. This is an unfortunate but unacceptable flaw, because in many ways the hotel is fine.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Rita H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am very sorry that you were affected by our staff's nighttime responsibilities. At this time, we do have tasks that can only be completed overnight; however, in the future the staff will be much more mindful of sleeping guests, by adjusting the times and ways these tasks are performed.

Once again, I thank you for your comments. Should you care to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at 850.383.1700.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

When I checked in there was no front desk, just an office to the left with a woman on the phone. After a 5 minute wait I was called in, checked in and sent on my way. I had a "queen" studio, one bed, living area, bath and full size kitchen. This place actually reminded me of places I had lived many decades ago! The kitchen was a very nice plus for extended stays, as it is full size with stove, you can live forever in here. The bed was comfy enough, and the pillows! Ahhhh....may days my eyes popped open and I was late for work. There were 2 non descript foam pillows which were immediately tossed to the side, and then two pillows of down,,,,heaven! There was extra linen in the closet, so this was great as a cold snap came in my last two days. There was a living area with full size pull out couch and chair, but I never used them, as the color and shading indicated much use. The bathroom was standard, but the lack of immenties was obvious, only a small bar of hand soap with enough pumice in it to feel like Lava....bring your own for sure. There is no business center, but the front desk(>?) Staff will help, but it has to be between their assigned jobs, so you may want to go to Staples. I AM A SMOKER. I said it. The room I was in had a smell. It was a combination f smoke and something else,old,mold,old people....coulnd't pin point it. It stayed in my hair and clothes, I smelled it for the next day. Perhaps the carpets were shampooed and used before dry? The air conditioner/heat was never an issue, as it id what it was supposed to....cold air when needed!!!! This visit was a reminder of days gone by,from decor to quickness of staff......just dated. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to help, but their hands were tied with the amount of equipment they are issued. A business center is the number one thing this place needs, the second is a thourugh cleaning and air freshners. Would return, but not by choice.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Franklin - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us and I was pleased to read that you found our beds and pillows comfortable. I was also happy that you were able to make use of your fully equipped kitchen. The staff is always happy to help with business center assistance when needed, but having a designated guest business center is something we hope will be in place in our hotel soon.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. To discuss your stay further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at tal@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Traveled with mother,sister,and dog. Room very clean and spacious (2 queen beds). Kitchen allowed us to keep on our personal food diets (gluten free, vegetarian) Staff uber helpful with pet, billing, and luggage left behind. Will be coming to Tallahassee regularly and will book again at Extended Stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of our property. The entire staff takes great pride in making every guest's stay better than expected, so I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. It is very rewarding to know that your clean room and the ability to cook for specialty diets in your room made your stay so much better.

Thank you for staying with us again. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Room was ok. However, they put our no smoking room at end of smoking hallway. Smoke choked me on way to room and had to stuff towels under door to try to keep smoke out. Surprised smoke alarms did not go off!

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Chuck - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that your room had a smoke odor. As of right now, our designated smoking rooms are on the first floor and have been reduced in number over the years. Our goal is to ensure that these rooms do not affect our non-smoking guests, so we will continue to work towards ensuring this is met.

I thank you again for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I always use Extended Stay because my business requires I stay 7 days per location which qualifies for weekly rates. Rather than going through priceline and having to make a blind bid and taking what they offer or getting stuck with a no cancel policy like expedia I go directly through the extended stay website.

With the weekly discount you pay from about $50 to 80 a night AND you get a functional kitchen which can save you more. Housekeeping only comes once but thats actually preferable to me.

Tallahassee staff is friendly and helpful, they have a pool and the rooms are clean and comfortable. When I thought I had a billing problem the manager personally checked my folio for my discounts. The 12.5% tax charged in Florida made it seem as if my discounts had not been applied.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandpaco
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our property. I was very happy to read that Extended Stay Hotels, are your hotel of choice. Regardless of the hotel location you choose, you can count on our same day cancellation policy, an affordable rate and a well equipped kitchen so you don't have to eat out so often, saving you even more money. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and are pleased to now offer our guests a Grab 'N Go breakfast and free WiFi. Our amenities make us a perfect fit for the business traveler.

We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The overall quality, condition, and cleanliness of this hotel was very poor. The kitchen was furnished, but not clean. The sink and coffee pot both had some sort of grime buildup. Hand towels and potholders were tattered and stained. The bathroom was slightly cleaner, but found hairs in the shower. The worst part of the shower experience was the water pressure-very weak. The beds were uncomfortable and the pillows were hard. Room and furnishings were old and outdated. On a positive not, the room was spacious and the location was good. Would not stay here again or recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your room was not cleaned to our high standards and that your bed was not comfortable. Please accept my apology.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the staff and we are working on some retraining so everyone here knows what is expected of this hotel to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at tal@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Visitors must be aware that this is a pet-friendly hotel. So when you stay in one of their rooms you are probably smelling scents left by those pets that were previously there. All in all the room smelled horrible; especially when we turned down the air and came back into it. My husband got sick from laying on the bed; we had been travelling for 7 hours; Lysol to the rescue. The cable TV is really satellite and kept going out; very limited channels. Worst experience!! Continental Breakfast - where?

Room Tip: Don't go here unless you need a place to stay with a pet!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Helen N
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am disappointed that your room was not up to our standard. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am working closely with the staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward to ensure this type of situation does not happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at tal@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you are in the area.