“Weekend stay for wedding in NE Tallahassee area!”

Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn
Ranked #25 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Dunedin, Florida, United States
“Weekend stay for wedding in NE Tallahassee area!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was perfectly prepared and met all expected standards. Close enough to an Outback restaurant to walk to. Enjoyed free grab and go breakfast! The requirement being made by this web site are ridiculous and only makes this unnecessarily wordy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Mike - I received a copy of your review of our property and wanted to thank you. I was thrilled to read that our team was able to meet all your expectations and provide you with a great experience. We hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Would not stay again. Smell of cigarette smoke penetrated all of our luggage. My children ages 5 & 7 noted the shabby condition of the property. Needs to be updated!!! Complimentary breakfast is actually a "grab and go breakfast". Granola bars, coffee, oranges and oatmeal. Only one table in the lobby for this "breakfast". Not impressed with this property.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Marlaina75
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Marlaina - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am disheartened to read that there was a slight smoke odor in your room and you found our property to be outdated. Please know, we do have designated smoking rooms which are located on the first floor. I truly apologize if you were affected by mistake. As well, I am going to work with our housekeeping and maintenance staff on improving our cleaning and repair procedures moving forward.

I thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed at! The room had a horrible musty odor, there was a used nasty looking Q tip on the floor (right in the middle of the room), Clumps of hair on floor in bathroom and kitchen area, the carpet was sticky and had lots of large stains, there was a crack all the way across the ceiling over the bed and going down the wall above the window, there was some sort of black slime all over the shower hose, the floor in the bathroom was "soft" like it was going to collapse, the shower head was installed so low that being only 5'4" tall I had to bend my knees to get under it...... I could go on, but these are the bigger issues. We stayed only because it was almost midnight when we got to the room and I was too exhausted to go anywhere else but wish I had because I didn't get any sleep in this DISGUSTING room. When they asked at check out how my stay was and I told them terrible, the answer I got was "I'm so sorry to hear that, I'll write that down" Never even asked (or cared), what the problems were, when I told her she just nodded her head and said "mmm hmm, ok I'll write it down". I would not stay here again if they paid me!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Kate - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read about your experience. We strive to provide exceptionally clean and well maintained rooms for all of our guests to enjoy; I am so sorry we did not meet those expectations. The cleanliness and room condition you described is unacceptable. I can assure you that I have spent time re-training our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure these types of situations do not occur again. We have also taken a second look at our inspection process, and are working to improve this moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here while visiting FSU. It was a pleasant stay for my family of four. It is a distance to FSU but since we got in late we preferred to stay close to the I-10 expressway. It is very close to the expressway. Since we checked in so late we used the lockbox which is interesting but effective to gain late night access. If you have trouble someone is there to help. I booked through hotels.com. The are a bit dated but very nice and clean. The rooms are huge with a kitchen and sofa sleeper. I'd stay here again for an overnighter because it is a great value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the size of our rooms, our full kitchens and the sleeper sofas, which are great for accommodating large families.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future. Hope you enjoyed FSU!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here via hotwire reservation. The value was excellent. The staff was welcomming. The location was okay for this trip, but if i was involved in activities on campus, this would not be a convenient location. Quick trip for me and just needed a place to sleep. I'd say it was adequate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Large rooms, real kitchen, clean and a good location to boot. This is not a "new" hotel and has seen some wear, but it is as clean and as comfortable as can be. The beds were even good.

Nice pool too! Loved the staff, very helpful!

Our new Tallahassee home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We only spent a couple of nights but could easily have stayed for a couple of months. The rooms are spacious, clean and fully equipped - even an oven! The wi-fi is strong and fast and the front desk staff particularly helpful, notably with their restaurant recommendations. Apparently theres a breakfast but we woke up too late both days. Only improvement I could suggest would be an extra hour of breakfast in the morning.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple