“Weekend Bargain”

Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Longwood, Florida
“Weekend Bargain”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We decided to take a chance on an extended stay facility since most of the lodging rates in Tallahassee for the weekend were averaging about $90 a night. Studio Plus had a $56 rate and was located in the right part of town for our visit. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, it had a full kitchen, a nice pool, and most importantly; it was quiet. We've stayed at 15 or more properties in Tallahassee in the past 4 years and we would rank this motel in the top third. For our money, we will look to this motel again when we visit Tallahassee.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank blastedminute
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Tallahassee - Killearn. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We needed a hotel for a football weekend and this was one of the few options available. Good things about this property were the employees were helpful and the location is convenient to the interstate and walking distance to a number of places to eat. Our arrival was delayed until after 11:00 pm and when I called to alert the property they made me feel confident my reservation would be held. This is a budget type property that is well worn. The furniture shows a lot of wear and a chair in one of the rooms was broken. The towels were low grade and used up. I could hear the guest next door talking on the phone. The room was clean except it needed to be vacuumed better. I have stayed in many Tallahassee hotels in this price range and this property is on par with those.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor, window air conditioning blows curtains open and compromises privacy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank TexasNolefan
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Michele had no concern for my handicaped mother in a wheel chair. I was basically told that nothing was available for her and that I should look somewhere else in Tallahassee. There were also dogs barking and the rooms were on the dirty side. There are plenty of other places that are not a smoke bath.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sunny South Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed here during grad weekend, so Tally was packed and pricey this weekend. Normally, I wouldn't have chosen a property like this, but the great rate on a very expensive weekend made settling worthwhile

The good: Paula in the office was very nice and accomadating. Rooms were large. We brought pillows rom home. Doubt we would have slept well otherwise.

The bad: Loud people and barking dogs. An overhelming blast of cigarette smoke upon enetring front door. Dim lighting and dated, cheap furnishings.

Observations & advice: The room was fairy clean. Sheets are heavily bleached, yet comfortable. Bring your own pillows and be very specific if you want a non-smoking room. Most people book this property online and end up with pot luck. If you come on a weekend that is not busy, try getting Staybridge Suites on Hotwire. It can often be found for about $5 more than this place and is gorgeous in comparison.

Room Tip: Be specfic if you are a non-smoker about getting !
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SunTravelerYa
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed August 25, 2010

After reviewing hotels in the area, Studio Plus had fairly high ratings, so we thought we would stay there since we also had our 19 year old daughter with us and a suite would be nice. Upon entering the hotel we were first hit with a strong smell of smoke. We continued into the office (there is no lobby counter) to check in. After getting our room key, we made our way down the hallway to our room, and we could not believe the stench of mold and old cigarette smoke. We HOPED our room would be different, but it wasn't. Not only did our room have a musty, smokey scent, it wasn't very clean. There were several spiders we ended up killing, and the dishes provided needed to be cleaned. Since it was move-in day at FSU, all other hotels in the area were booked that night so we couldn't just cancel our reservation and leave.
The next day we spoke with the office clerk who was very understanding. We ended up staying at another hotel (Country Inn and Suites) for the next couple of nights.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This hotel provides a great value. Check-in is personal, friendly and quick. I called to ask about bringing my dog (which they allow with a minimal fee and reasonable conditions). They put me in a room close to the back door where the dog walk area is. Very thoughtful and convenient. The room was very nice and clean. After I checked out, they found a flash drive in the room and called to see if it was mine. It wasn't, but they took the time to read off file names so I could be sure. This is exceptional service in my experience. Stay here - you won't be sorry. The only possible negative for me was that it's not near FSU, but it's not that far either. Give it a try!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I'm not quite sure why this place is getting 5 star reviews. While StudioPlus does offer a great price, it is not 5 stars. While the carpet looked clean our feet were dirty by the end of the night by just walking on the floor. The place is old, smells of smoke (even in a non smoking room) and you can hear the sounds of dogs barking at night.

As my husband and I were going to bed we realized that there were ants along the headboard of our bed. We followed them all the way to the air conditioning unit. At this time we would have switched rooms but it was 10:00 and both of my children (2 and 6 mos) were sleeping. We proceeded to kill the ants with our fingers.

The next morning when I informed the MANAGER of the problem she seemed completely un-phased. Her response, "So, sorry, the ants are hot and want to get inside." I wasn't hoping for a discount or a free stay. What I was hoping for was a response like, "Oh, my I'll call someone right away to fix this problem."

It is apparent that the manager of the StudioPlus in Tallahassee in aware of the ant problem, but hasn't really tried much to fix the problem. Ants belong outside not my headboard. It's unfortunate that the manager gave me no assurance that this ant problem would be fixed. I feel quite confident that a stay at StudioPlus in Tallahassee will not happen again.

**If I could do it over again I'd pay $15-30 more at a hotel that offered FREE internet access and a complimentary breakfast. After the internet charge and cost for breakfast out I probably could have stayed a hotel that valued their customers**

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family