“Great Hotel, extremely helpful”

TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle
Ranked #32 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed November 3, 2006

My stay at Towneplace Suites was over a 3 week period of time from Oct. 16- Nov. 3. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I went shopping quite a bit and each time I came back with arms full, a staff member would open the door for me. I was greeted each time someone saw me.

The room is very comfortable. Each suite has a full kitchen, work station and couch, chair and tv with ComCast cable. The rooms are kept very neat and tidy.

The biggest impression that was made on me was when I left and got back home, over 2 1/2 hours away. I realized that I had left my makeup bag in my bathroom with over $200 worth of makeup and brushes in it. I immediately called the hotel and they took my name and number and promised to contact me the next morning. They did and had my bag. They offered to send it to me and I was SO relieved.

I would recommend this hotel to someone in a second. If you are going to Tally, stay here! It is the best side of town with many many choices for shopping and eating out.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank kristendunlap

Reviewed October 2, 2006

My husband and I stayed here when I went to visit my niece at FSU. We stayed on the third floor in one of the studio suites. While the room was small for having a queen bed, sofabed, armchair, coffee table, side table, bedside tables, AND a full kitchen, they also managed to have a fairly large bathroom. The room was very nicely decorated and the furniture positioning gave a real homey feeling. The bed was absolutely divine. It was soft, comfortable and very roomy. The linens were wonderfully soft and very comfortable. The room was clean, so comfortable - including the sofabed. The AC was my only issue - in that, it was either too cold, and if you turned it up, it got too hot. But that was minor. There was free wireless hi-speed internet, that worked fairly fine. The hotel could only have been better if they offered breakfast, but with a full kitchen and restaurants only minutes away, who's complaining. All in all - i am definitely staying here again when i go see my niece.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Roxanna
Reviewed August 14, 2006

This hotel is so nice and clean. I have no bad review. If you ever visit the tallahassee area of florida, this is the hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa704
Reviewed June 21, 2006

First time to Tallahassee so we went by the previous reviews and price. This hotel was beyond our expectations. We were in town for orientation for TCC and FSU. The hotel is about a 10-15 minite drive to the school area but worth it. Great place away from the hustle of traffic. Immaculately clean! Great, welcoming, friendly staff. The rooms were like small efficiencies, with a small but full kitchen. Queen bed with a fabulous mattress and down comforter. Sofabed and if needed a roll away bed. The room, kitchen and bathroom were spotless as well as the hotel ammentiies. We are returning in July and will definitely stay there again and once more in August when we move our daughters up. Very highly recommended. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank Lovereviews
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Family trip to Tallahassee for graduation - Towneplace Suites was a nice location at the corner of Miccosukee and Capitol Circle. Staff were accomodating with adjoining rooms and a crib. Rooms were clean and linens on bed were excellent. Little ones enjoyed the pool. No breakfast. Could have maybe changed the air filters a little more often, we woke up each day with a scratchy throat. We'll stay there again as the location is close to family.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank fsu307
Reviewed May 22, 2006

I only stayed here one night on my drive to Orlando. We checked in late and left around noon so our stay was brief. We had a 2 br suite and it was so clean and nice. The pictures on the net do not do it justice. It was like a small 2 br apt. w/ a small fully furnished kitchen (reg sized refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, microwave oven, coffee pot, dishes and both paper and terry cloth towels). There were 2 TVs; one in the L/R, one in the 'master' BR. The beds were typical, wonderful Marriott beds w/ lots of nice pillows to chose from. There was also a table w/ 2 chairs in the L/R for dining. There was one bathroom w/ a door separating the tub and toilet from the sink & mirror. I paid a AAA rate of $75 for a Sat night and as we were leaving I couldn't say enough about how nice it was for the price. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.

As an aside, I happened to see a 1 BR smoking suite on the 3rd floor. It had a small kitchen and no living room. The bed was just on the other side of the kitchen counter. It had a decent bathroom, too and a dining table.

Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank Mia_Sangria
Reviewed July 11, 2005

I had planned to stay here with my husband and cat for Hurricane Dennis and we would have been very comfortable together. Then my daughter ended up joining us with three cats because she didn't make hurricane plans in time. We were as comfortable as possible with 3 adults and 4 cats in a 1-room studio. The room was very clean, especially considering the amount of pets and children they accomodated. The hotel provided plenty of linens and incidentals such as shampoo. The small kitchen was wonderful; we cooked our own meals and didn't have to venture out during the worst of the weather. They also provided a few necessities in the kitchen such as coffee, soap, and paper towels. One downside was that our room was on the ground-floor as we requested, but we ended up with the pool right outside our window with lots of kids. It wasn't a problem at night or when the weather was bad. Also, sound carried through the ceiling and some kids were allowed to jog up and down the hallway. They could use more baggage carts during high-volume periods. The hotel is within walking distance of Ruby Tuesdays and a Tex-Mex restaurant. Grocery stores near-by. Pet fee is a lofty $75 per stay as listed on thier web site.

• Stayed: July 2005