“Wonderful! Fantastic!”

Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
A TripAdvisor Member
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2004

We were planning on visiting family in Tally for Labor Day, when we got word that a hurricane was going to hit somewhere near our home in South Florida. So we packed up and figured it would not be that bad, we would spend the weekend as planned, then go home and clean up. We were booked into a two bedroom suite- my mother, my wife, myself and our two kids (3 and 8). The news kept coming and soon it looked like our home and my mother's would be right in the path. We noticed that the hotel was rapidly filling up with others fleeing the storm. Juan at the front desk was a trooper, always pleasant and courteous and no matter what we asked, he had the answer.

We were due to check out on Monday, Labor Day, but because of the storm we decided that traveling then would be impossible. We were worried because the hotel was really full and asked Juan and the hotel Manager Cynthia if they would be able to accommodate us. Although they said our room was booked for a long term stay, they assured us that they would have room for us. On Monday, we moved from the 2 bedroom into a 1 bedroom and a studio. As a matter of fact, when the storm turned and it appeared Tallahassee would get hit, my sister and her family made plans to move with us, because TownPlace Suites has a generator.

Each room we stayed in was immaculate. The staff was incredible. They handled the unexpected influx with professionalism and kindness. We stayed in Tallahassee until our power was restored, a total of 10 days. I cannot imagine how those 10 days would have gone in a standard hotel room, with no refrigerator or stove. From now on, this will be the only hotel we stay in when we go to Tallahassee. as a matter of fact, we have the two bedroom booked again for Thanksgiving Weekend.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle

Reviewed July 27, 2004

My husband an I were guests from July 18-22, 2004 along with our 14 year old son. This property was by far one of the cleanest, well managed hotels we've ever visited. It is located about 4 miles from the downtown area and FSU. The studio room had a very comfortable queen bed, and a queen sleep sofa that was perfect for our family. The kitchen was well equipped, clean and very functional for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. All appliances were like new. The bathroom was well lit, immaculate and again, very functional. The pool was refreshing, clean and well maintained. It is obvious the staff takes much pride in this very affordable, and impeccably maintained property. If you are on business, it is a nice break from being in the downtown area, as it felt very much like home here. Close enough, yet slightly removed from the city. A car is recommended, but taxi service is readily available. Several decent restaurants nearby, as well as drugstores, shops, etc. An excellant choice for visiting FSU with room for your child/children.

5  Thank Agent717
Travelers also viewed these Tallahassee hotels
SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central
Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10
Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Courtyard Tallahassee Capital
Courtyard Tallahassee Capital
#21 of 59 in Tallahassee

Been to TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle? Share your experiences!