“Could definitely use an upgrade”

TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle
Ranked #33 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed March 9, 2013

No bad, but obviously an older property that hasn't been updated since opening. To the management's credit however, they keep the place spotlessly clean, & the front desk personnel are unfailingly courteous & helpful. Haven't seen old TV's from the 80-90's in a hotel room in so long I had forgotten what they looked like, until checking in here. Nice location & surroundings, but the owners are long-past due to invest in the facility.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our first visit to Florida's capital and we selected this hotel for easy access from the interstate as well as easy access to all points during our stay. It fullfilled that role well. However, we found the sleep comfort below the usual standard we are used to across all Marriott brands. After having to change our room due to foul odor at check in time, which was promptly and courteously changed by the front desk to our complete satisfaction, we had a nice and clean room. But, the mattress was not of the usual "Marriott bedding" quality and the pillows were plain uncomfortable, both of which contributed to a so-so sleep. The "grab-and-go" breakfast is not a good experience either, since there is no place to sit down and have the breakfast and there is no adequate area in the room for it either. But we managed, standing up next to the computer in the mini-lobby area. On the positive side - the front desk staff is very friendly, very helpful, accommodating and knowledgeable of the area, which definitely contributed to a good experience overall.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building, for easy access to the front desk and all facilities.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Overall we were satisfied with this hotel. We wanted a pet-friendly hotel, and they were. The suite was nice and clean, and we didn't have any sound issues. The only problem we ran into was with temperature control - both in air in the room (it was either too hot or too cold, could not find a good temp for the room with their a/c controls) and with the water (the faucets seemed to be installed backwards and the water was either scolding hot or cold. The breakfast was bare bones. The staff was very friendly and the gym, while sparce (just a few pieces of cardio equipment, no strength equipment), did it's job. The hotel is centrally located in Tallahassee right off a main street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights for my little brother's orientation at FSU. The staff, morning, noon, and night was always extremely friendly and welcoming. Although it is a smaller property, it really looks like they attend to detail much better than the larger hotels.
The breakfast in the morning was always wonderful, and housekeeping had the room nothing less than sparkling every evening.
It was very refreshing to not have to worry about anything at the Hotel with the stress of orientation weighing down upon us.

I will definitely be back for move in, and hopefully for some football games!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My son and I were touring FSU campus. The motel is about 6 miles from FSU visitor center. tons of restaurants near the hotel as it is off a main street running through Tallahassee. Bed was comfortable - rooms remind me of a cheaper residence inn version. Rooms smaller and furniture cheaper. There was a full refrigerator as well as microwave. Free Wifi in hotel rooms. People at front desk were very helpful and friendly. Quiet hotel. All in all a good choice for an overnight stay. Pool area is very small - breakfast is eat and run dry cereal, milk, yogurt, bananas, oatmeal packets, hot water etc. no sitting down for breakfast - take back to you room or eat in your car going to your destination.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank irishwhiskey1
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Attended Nephew's graduation which morphed into a family reunion. I wasn't too keen on being this close to my Niece and Aunt who are keen on dropping by unannounced. Glad I didn't change hotels, TownePlace is situated perfectly for restaurants, grocery stores and pharmacies. It also was a straight shot from the airport. Since I don't treat hotels as dorm rooms my housekeeper had a very good week because I require very little cleaning behind myself. I initially was going for the building across from the front desk until it hit me that the closer to the office the cleaner the rooms will be. I settled for the 3rd floor above the office. It was a perfectly laid out room for me, and the kitchenette served a wonderful purpose: kept the beer cold. My only gripe was that the TV in the room was not HDMI capable. I always hook up my laptop to watch movies I bring from home. I wasn't too bent out of shape with this development but it would have made my stay even better.

Room Tip: Stay in the A building
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank BlackBear54
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed at the TownPlace Suites at Tallahassee North Capital Circle. The customer service was superior! Super Staff: Angela, Gwen, Gloria, Shawn, Sonja,Billy,Tod, Latravis, Nikki, Karlin, Anita, Chris, Melissa, Donna and Violet. The rooms are awesome, clean and practical with Wi-FI. Highly recommend for business, family and transitional stay. Great Professional atmosphere. You will not be disappointed, more over 5 star hotels.

Room Tip: Lower floors are very quite. The beds and pillows are great. Good View. Sunny.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family