“Roaches in rooms”

TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle
Ranked #34 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Roaches were running around kitchen counter and bathroom. Roaches were found in both buildings. When I told the manager about it she said "it happens" and did not seem surprised or shocked. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank seacruise911
TPSTLH32308, Manager at TownePlace Suites Tallahassee North/Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Dear Seacruise,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lawanda Manning, and I am the General Manager at the Towneplace Suites by Marriott Tallahassee North.

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to share this information about you stay, as I understand how busy you must be with your travels and every day affairs.

Second, I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations. When you stay at a Marriott, there are certain expectations that a guest has, and very well should have. It is through feedback such as yours that we continue to improve and strive to provide the highest quality service and the best product. I want you to know that your comments have not been over looked as we will use them to better our offering. Again, I extend my deepest apology to you that we were not able to meet your expectations.

I sincerely hope that your stay with us has not influenced your view towards Marriott. Please know that through our guest comments, we can only continue to improve.

At your service,

Lawanda Manning

Reviewed March 5, 2011

Due to business my stay at your facility was extremely out standing. All of the employees were very helpful to me. Everytime I came and went for the past
4 weeks of my stay here was superior. I especially would like to recognize
these employees. Lawanda Manning, Gwen, Melissa, Sonja, Steven, Billy,
Violet, Chris, Latravis, Temeka, Jamie, and Violet. I would like to say Thank
You and keep up the good work. Hope to see you again soon!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed here while in Tally and rented over 5 rooms. Everyone I stayed with was very pleased. The rooms were very clean and that staff was very friendly. We had a two room suite and although I will never understand why Townplace suites only have one bathroom for a two room suite, the room was very pleasant. We also rented some one bedrooms and if you are not into frills this was a very reasonable hotel. I was able to get the two room suites for less than $120 and one room efficiencies for less than $70. Overall the property was nice and only minutes from the capitol.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Stayed on a Friday night, using Marriott Reward Points. Room size very good for 2 people, with fully equipped kitchen for those who might use it (Ha!). Airconditioning worked great - very important in the summer. Overall, nice enough, but a just a little dated - needs refreshing. Staff very genuine and attentive, especially this morning - very bright and energetic! Kudos for that. And, more importantly, the area is nice and appears to be "safe".

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed two nights on business. Ground floor studio suite. Kitchen area was more than adequate with ice maker and dishwasher. Room was clean but very dated. "Breakfast" was not worth setting out. Staff was friendly but 1 hour after check-in maintenence knocked on door asking for access to pull out my shower mat. I refused and told him to do it when room was not rented. 1 hour after that a new guest with a working key tried to get in. Luckily I had deadbolts on and he didn't get in. As woman traveler I carry and if this person had opened door he could have been shot. But the incredibly comfy Marriott bed made this stay a joy. Slept better than at home. Clean crisp sheets & lots of pillows.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Due to my work I have to be in Tallahassee during the week and I' am very glad I found the TownePlace Suites, it works out great, the rooms are very clean, the staff is very friendly I have stayed at several hotels in the Tallahassee area and so far this is my favorite (I' am booked all the way through March 2010 and thinking to extend to next October 2010)
Although the Gym on site is small they provide you with free access to the Gold's Gym about .5 mile from the hotel, also if you want an indoor pool they will arrange for you to use the one from the Residence Inn down the street.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank favargas
Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel has the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was roomy with a well-equipped kitchen. It is close to many restaurants, FSU, and the Civic Center. There was a slight smell in the room when you first enter, which I reported in my evaluation. Other than that we enjoyed having a lot of space and our own private bedrooms, three televisions, living room, and a dining table. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2009