“Favorite Hotel to stay at in Tallahassee” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Miami, Florida
“Favorite Hotel to stay at in Tallahassee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

My daughter has been at FSU for 3 years now and we've always loved staying at the Doubletree!! Ever since our first stay we were surprised to see that the GM, John Kelly was always there talking to guests! And just like all of our other visits, we were welcomed by the front desk staff with a (dangerously good) Doubletree cookieand . Shout out to Michelle, Morgan, Liz, and Sophia for always remembering us and making us feel at home with every visit. Other than the outstanding staff, we had a beautiful view from our room window which was a definitely a plus. Will always try to stay there if possible.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JCuello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Norcross, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

A nice hotel only there was no mini fridge and I could not turn the air conditioner off or down because it was "located in a remote area" it read on the label where the dials should be. I've had a better stay at the Ramada Inn and no offense to Ramada I love that place but I also pay way less to stay there and get more amenities than the over priced Double Tree.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on points while touring the state. We unloaded our luggage and parked in the car park. Not a bad price at $7. We were given a room on the Honors floor which overlooked the Capitol. The room was large and clean. The layout of the air con made one bed a bit drafty. When I asked about Wifi I was told to select the charge it option and they would not charge it to my bill. The location allows you to walk to the Capitol in this lovely city.

Stayed July 2014
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed here for a baseball tournament. The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. The pool area, fitness center, and other amenities were exceptional. The only issue we had was with housekeeping. Most days, our room was not cleaned until after 4:00. Clearly, they were understaffed in that department.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I booked this hotel through the Hilton website with their "guaranteed lowest rate", which did not include a charge for wi-fi or parking. The room itself, which was on the HHonors floor, was nice with recently renovated features, twelve foot ceilings, and large windows overlooking the capitol and park. I paid to self-park in their garage, but the gates are never in the "down" position so the garage is always very full with locals. Being able to go in and out at will was, on one hand, a good thing since the key scanner never worked and the hotel staff themselves told me to pull a ticket to get in and not to worry about leaving since the gate was always up, but on the other hand, someone trashed my car while in the garage and I now have to pay an insurance deductible to get it repaired. Why was I required to pay for garage parking when all of Tallahassee uses it for free? The front desk simply said it was "policy" and I could be subject to overnight towing if I parked there without paying. Considering that probably 50% of the spaces are filled with people who are not guests, I find this hard to believe. Additionally, while at an FSU function, I received a flyer that said if I booked the hotel for that stay, my room would be half the price I paid, plus I would have free wi-fi and free parking. Again, the desk was unsympathetic since I had already given them my money. This was my third Hilton trip recently, and I have 2 more trips with Hilton coming up. I have had such terrible experience with Hilton on these last trips that I'm canceling my Hilton reservations and will be booking with Marriott from now on. Do yourself a favor and do not stay at this hotel until they get their management and garage issues figured out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MierGen
DoubletreeTLH, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very disappointed to hear that your stay with us was not all that you expected. We assure you that we're reviewing your concerns about the parking situation and your experience with our front office. We value your business and would like the opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to contact us so we can speak with you directly about your concerns.

Kind regards,
Michelle
St. Petersburg, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Was in Tallahassee on business and was required to stay here. Was not as impressed as I was with my previous stay at the nearby Residence Inn. DoubleTree room seemed was neat and clean. Bathroom was small and dark; barely enough room for me, so glad I was staying in room alone. Parking garage is scary. Terribly cramped for even the subcompact car I was driving.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Had a great stay at the Doubletree in Tallahassee, the management and staff provided a great stay. The front desk staff kept me updated on the status of my families room. The location is near FSU and provides easy access to the campus as well as other activities in Tallahassee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family