“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is the best. Excellent location, super clean and the staff are second to none. John, the GM and Nelda from Food and Beverage go out of their way to welcome you and make your stay enjoyable. I own 2 hotels on Panama City Beach and hope my employees are this good.
Philip

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Northern NJ
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Doubletree is my preferred hotel while visiting Tallahassee for business and pleasure. The employees are wonderful and they earned this rating of EXCELLENT.

Abigail at the front desk is so helpful to me, no matter what I ask for from her, she makes it happen. I travel for business and probably spend over 100 nights per year in hotels, and none treat me better as a return guest (that includes 5 star properties) than the Doubletree in Tallahassee.

I'm waiting for Nelda at Jacob's restaurant to turn the other way when she sees me, I always have a last minute order for my tailgate. It's always perfect, on time and served with a smile. All you have to do is ask and she'll make it happen. By the way, the pancakes at Jacob's are the best! Chris has been my waitress for I think 6 years, what's better than that? Great person and great server.

Mr. Ray and Mark have been picking me up from the airport for I don't know how long, seems like it's been 10 years. They could not be more helpful to me.

Great staff, led by a great manager, John Kelly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Stanfield, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We stay at many hotels in our travels but this one stood out. The hotel itself is an older building and could use some renovations but the staff was what made it super along with the location. Everyone there was friendly and willing to help with whatever our needs were. One main person that stood out was Nelda Decker. She was amazing from the first night we checked in. My 5 year old fell in love with her and looked forward to seeing her every time we walked in to the lobby. She went the extra mile to make us comfortable and more relaxed. I feel like I have known her for years. I can't thank her and the staff enough for giving us such a pleasant stay. We truly enjoyed ourselves. Go Noles!

Stayed October 2013
West Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nothing like walking into the lobby to see GM (cookie king) John Kelly greeting you with a warm smile and friendly face. The front desk staff led by Abigail are just as friendly and welcoming. The room was clean and cozy and HSKP manager Alma makes sure each room is perfect prior to check in. The restaurant staff is attentive and friendly. No sooner did I finish my sweet tea was a new one placed in my hand. I have stayed before and will stay again. Close to campus/stadium and close to a variety of good local night life spots. Thanks for a great stay Tally Crew! This place truly feels like a home away from home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Driving to the parking was a bit awkward - but there was no charge which was great. The location was great - close to the church and the wedding reception venue - all within walking distance. Overall a great value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kansas City, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Although this hotel was very clean, the rooms, in my opinion, were very outdated. The plumbing fixtures in the bathroom were loose, and it just felt old all the way around. I would have liked to have a TV guide that told me what each channel was as well as a local guide. The website for this hotel said it was close to everything downtown, yet there was nothing in the room that told me how to find all of these places. I also felt the room was extremely overpriced and it should have included free internet and a breakfast of some kind. Again, the service was great the room was clean, I just would have liked a little more "pizzazz" for my $175.00 per night. And, please, please, please quit charging $8.00 per night to park a car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had an outstanding stay at your hotel and it was all made possible by Abigail. Thanks again for all your help during our stay. Abigail is very professional and extremely helpful with all of our needs she makes sure you are happy and no need goes unmet. We will definitely return.

Mike room 417 October 25-26