“good stay”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is actually the second time I've stayed at the Doubletree. The service at the front desk is great, but the rooms are lacking in my opinion. It has been about a year since I had stayed here last so I was very pleased to see that they are remodeling the rooms. I like to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floor and they were being remodeled, so I look forward to my next stay. My room on the 5th floor was just okay, the bed was very comfortable but the rest of the room was average. The wallpaper was peeling and I found a big daddy long legs in the shower in the morning, not the best way to wake up in the morning. I would consider staying here again because I know they are undergoing a remodel, otherwise I would probably hesitate to book another stay until the remodel was done.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times and the location is great. I have had nice rooms most of the time. This last stay I even requested and upgrade but what I got was a handicap access room with dirty carpet and a chipped tub and shower. I was too busy to ask for a different room and it wasn't terrible but they have nicer rooms from my experiences before this. Even the entire floor looked old and worn out (floor 11). It looked like they were starting a remodel though and they need it. The staff is okay. Room service only runs until 11 pm, so we had to order from pizza delivery one night. Still a good value and there were no real issues.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here two weekends in July when we dropped our daughter at FSU camp. It was super. Great location, very convenient, great views. The rooms during both stays were comfortable, clean, and quiet. The gym was great. The restaurant was surprisingly good as well. The staff was pleasant and very helpful in every way. The only minor downside was the pool was cold and it would have been great to have a hot tub. We really enjoyed our stay here and will probably stay here again any time we are in Tally. PS: the cookies are awesome!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My brief stay at this hotel was a pleasant experience. There were serious problems that deterred me from enjoying my visit. The room service food was delicious and when extra towels were needed, delivery was timely. Again, pleasant...no issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our stay was excellent. The staff was so friendly! Every employee from the manager, John, to the front desk staff to the very attentive manager in the restaurant made our trip to Tallahassee so enjoyable. The lobby is welcoming, the rooms are clean, and the staff is the best!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Fab staff, beautiful comfortable hotel and room - we got upgraded to a suite
Have to say all Doubletrees I've stayed in on this trip - comfy soft beds- slept well

Only downside - if you have noisy - I love the sound of my own voice - neighbours - it's awful as you are divided only by the double connecting doors

There's a pool here - looked great but we didn't use it
Hotel parking attached -$7 a day
We got breakfast included which was delicious. No buffet today so had a veggie wrap and hubby had the ham and eggs which also came with 2 pancakes - they were huge! He did his best! Lol

Overall - great hotel - highly recommend

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days attending a training conference. The staff was amazing and always went the extra mile to accommodate every need. Mike and Nick were very helpful. Highly recommend this hotel and its staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business