“Great hotel - noisy neighbours!”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Great hotel - noisy neighbours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Fab staff, beautiful comfortable hotel and room - we got upgraded to a suite
Have to say all Doubletrees I've stayed in on this trip - comfy soft beds- slept well

Only downside - if you have noisy - I love the sound of my own voice - neighbours - it's awful as you are divided only by the double connecting doors

There's a pool here - looked great but we didn't use it
Hotel parking attached -$7 a day
We got breakfast included which was delicious. No buffet today so had a veggie wrap and hubby had the ham and eggs which also came with 2 pancakes - they were huge! He did his best! Lol

Overall - great hotel - highly recommend

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days attending a training conference. The staff was amazing and always went the extra mile to accommodate every need. Mike and Nick were very helpful. Highly recommend this hotel and its staff.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Unfriendly service! I sensed an attitude with the restaurant manager ( MS. DECKER! ) The night security was horrible. The rooms had mold in them, the walls were so thin you could hear every conversation going on around you. My food came to me cold. The bartender was extremely slow he had nothing better to do then talk with other coworkers and be on his cell phone. Not to mention there was no one to greet and seat us upon arrival in Jacobs. This is the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in and will not be going back. I reccomend any other Double Tree outside of Tallahassee Fl.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I'm terribly sorry to hear about the poor service and cleanliness issues you encountered. We strive to stay one step ahead of our guests' needs, quickly and efficiently. We certainly dropped the ball this time. Thank you for alerting us so that we can address each concern and improve for you and future guests. We hope you'll give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to comfort.

Kind regards,
Abigail Kahl, Front Office Manager, Abigail.Kahl@Hilton.com
Liverpool, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very nice hotel, great staff, beautiful lobby. Bartenders were nice, great restaurant. Rooms were clean, pool is refreshing. We had a wedding there and they did a great job setting that up and keeping it private. Could go for a run from the hotel and explore FSU

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall great location to Florida State University. However you will hear every noise. My room had a very badly stained carpet.Overall I would stay here again but I would recommend looking at the room 1st. Parking on levels 2-3 is great however you are sleeping next to a parking garage

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Checked in without any delay and went right up to my room. Walking in my room was 80f and real stuffy. I screwed around with the thermostat for a few minutes before my co-worker called to go out for dinner. Figured I had it turned on and when I returned it would be nice and cool. Came back at 11:30pm and it was 81f. Had to switch rooms at midnight to a room next to the ice maker / vending machines. I could hear that making noise all night.

Other thing which annoys me, internet! They basically say, F-U business traveler as they removed the ethernet port in the room and force you to use ATT wifi.

I'd stay somewhere else if I have to come back to this part of the world.

Room Tip: Stay way rooms near the vending / ice machines at the end of the hall way, they kept me up all night...
Palm Harbor, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, but shows wear, specifically in the guest rooms as they are older with worn carpeting, etc. Other than the dated rugs and dated decor, this hotel is in a great location in downtown Tallahasee, and the staff was very helpful and courteous.