“Near Capital - Best Stay Place”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been staying here for years. I love the Doubletree and their level of service. I can assure you that management wants your stay to be exactly what you expect! This is an older property but they are always making improvements, new carpet, new paint, and so much more. The rooms are clean, sheets always fresh, and the Doubletree cookies are yummie! This is right down the street from the Capital grill so you can walk for a great meal and very close to FSU if you are here for your kids in College! They also have a full service bar and restaurant and great buffet brunch every day! I highly recommend this hotel to all of my friends and you! If you experience an issue, tell them and immediately their team will resolve it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We enjoyed being downtown as we walked to First Presbyterian, circa1832, for Easter Service & then to Avenue Eat & Drink for brunch, not to mention stepping out the front door and being at the Park Ave Saturday farmesr market, had great quiche & grits, which cured my hangover and bought local produce & gifts...~!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location for any activity that involves the Capitol. It's a short walk to the House Office Bldg., which gives you access to the Capitol and Senate offices, as well. Upon check-in, they give you one of their famous warm chocolate chip with almond cookie. My room was on the 13th floor and very comfy, spacious. The king bed was very good as well as the TV. The airport shuttle to & from was great and saved me $40-50 in round trip cab fare.
The room was also right next to the elevator, which turned out to be a liability later that night. The room was an overall 'great' but the 2 main detriments were the elevator noise and breakfast experience. The 13th floor was quiet, few rooms were filled so little hallway traffic. But that was irrelevant when the elevator was constantly whirring, clanking and creaking! Thankfully, I was tired enough to doze off after a while. When we sat down for breakfast, I wanted to order from the menu, really didn't need a big buffet experience, but was worried about time. There were hardly any people seated so the waitress told us the kitchen was fast and could get our food out quickly. We ordered then noticed it was taking long. the dining room got more and more crowded and I realized we'd be late for our first appt. So, instead of a leisurely breakfast, I had to run to the buffet and snarf down a quick meal, in a bad mood. About halfway through it, the waitress finally showed up. I told her she was too late and should never have suggested we order-it took 25 minutes, ridiculous! To her credit, she did comp our breakfast. So, how do you avoid these annoyances? Don't order a la carte, unless you have ample time. Avoid any room that ends in 09. Mine was 1309 and it's right next to the elevator shaft. My guess is that applies to 809, 909, 1009, etc.

Room Tip: Do buffet unless not in a hurry. Skip any room near the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This hotel was great.. Awesome location to restaurants and shopping. Staff was great and rooms were nice with upscale linens. When checking in we received warm cookies ! Rooms were spacious and clean and room service was quick. We appreciated not being price gouged with the restaurant fees and movies like in some other locations.

Room Tip: Rooms near the ends are noisy with plumbing or ac noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel was very nice and in the perfect location to visit FSU. The staff was friendly and was interested in why we were visiting. The room was nice and very clean. We loved the cookies when we arrived! The parking garage was very convenient. All in all a very nice stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The bathroom toilet was clogged and I had told a woman behind the front desk about it as I left around 0600. She asked if I was leaving and she'd send somebody right up, as I returned later that afternoon, the toilet was still clogged and I had to use the lobby bathroom until I told another worker about it. As I waited I took a shower and the tub felt like it was going to collapse with me in it. The shower head fixture was falling off the wall and I could see into the wall. The walls were paper thin as I could hear the two females in the room next door all night. The ceilings in the rooms show water damage and a poor effort to cover it up. The only upside to my stays here is the breakfast.

Room Tip: I'm always given a room on the third or fifth floor. Worst floors.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Okay hotel, but ask for a room far away from the elevator. I had an '09 number room, and the very, very noisy elevator woke me repeatedly during the night. Otherwise the Doubletree is a standard example of the art form-- few surprises, either pleasant or unpleasant, and completely serviceable accommodations.one other annoyance: the alarm clock in the room was 90 minutes slow and seemed impossible to set.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business