“3 Stars?”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night, and got the room via Priceline. I have stayed here before, several years earlier, and was sad to see that the hotel has gone somewhat downhill. Don't get me wrong, it is very clean, and the rooms are quite comfortable. It just does not have the typical "Hilton quality" that I have experienced in other hotels. When staying in Tallahassee, one cannot ask for a better location: the Doubletree is right in the middle of it all! I will give 5 stars on that item! I am sure that the hotel has a nice view, but the only view we had was that of the parking garage (perhaps we got shafted because of Priceline . . . if so, at least the room was cheap!). The bathroom was TINY, and you had to make sure to close the door before entering and exiting the shower stall.

The A/C unit in our room seemed to have a problem with keeping humidity out of the room, which made the carpet a little sticky to walk on. I will reiterate that the room was clean, and the service was to be expected. One note: internet is NOT FREE at this hotel! On the hotel website, it lists that they provide free internet in the common areas downstairs. We tried to take advantage of this while there, but the serviceability was so slow that we couldn't establish a connection. I cannot believe that Hilton has decided to give people the shaft by not providing free internet service in their rooms. Come on now, people - it's the year 2012! Internet is free at McDonald's, and even at the Super 8!

Definitely a very strong 2.5 stars, but just shy of the 3 that it was given.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the parking garage. Tallahassee is a very pretty city!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WRamsey

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was there for one night only on business. Nice, clean room, nothing fancy but good for the money. I had a buffet breakfast included in the rate and it was pretty good. Very convenient free self parking on site. Walking distance to good restaurants.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DoubletreeTLH, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

This DoubleTree is in 'Tallahassee Central Park' and is surrounded by bars, clubs, restaurants & student night life. The park I hung out in when I was at FSU/FAMU, is still full of beautiful old trees! The area is rustic & growing. The hotel is nice. Some of the people are nice; others could use some customer service training. But those chocolate chip cookies are soooo good! And they freely give for asking. I enjoyed my time in the park but the hotel beds are sooooo comfy! Not much of a view in some areas of the hotel. Parking is interesting. You are in growing downtown Tallahassee.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank AJSG59
Reviewed September 25, 2012

John Kelly and his amazing staff make everyone feel so welcome from the moment you walk in the door! We stay here regularly for FSU events and visiting our college kids. Walking in the door with the staff greeting us and of course the DOUBLETREE COOKIES we feel at home. But, this treatment isn't just to us with our frequent visits. I witness this treatment to all their guests! The location is PERFECT! We can literally walk to more than 8 restaurants! The restaurant and bar on the property is great and open late. The parking garage is so convenient for loading and unloading. The rooms are clean and bright.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MSYACHT22

Thank you for your review. We at the DoubleTree by Hilton Tallahassee know all aspects of a property must be up or above standard to provide guests with a positive experience. Our General Manager John Kelly is the example of true Hospitality and we are all grateful to learn from him.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

One of the friendliest and most knowledgable hotel staffs I've stayed with. Even though the hotel was completely booked, (due to a college football game) the staff made us feel important and like we were the only guests in the hotel. John Kelly (Hotel Manager) was especially kind, and seemed to go out of his way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. I would highly reccomend the quesadillas if you have lunch at Jacobs.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jdb03g
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee on numerous occasions. I continue to be impressed with the hotel and its manager, John Kelley. Mr. Kelley goes the extra mile to make sure all the guests feel special and are taken care of properly. If there is ever a problem, he personally makes sure that it is resolved.

There are several other hotel options in Tallahassee to stay while attending the FSU football games and other legislative activities but we always chose the Doubletree because of the tremendous service we are given by John Kelley and his excellent staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very conveniently located near FSU, the Florida Capitol, and Downtown Tallahassee. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and tidy. Would stay at the Double Tree again. Was shocked how easy it was to get around town and you are a short 3 blocks from the Civic Center with shuttle service directly to and from the game.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family