“Home Away from Home”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stay at the Doubletree of Tallahassee quite often. They are sensitive to the nature of my business needs as well as accommodating me/my staff with whatever we need to accomplish our mission.

I have called on short notice during busy times for them, and they still are able to maintain an outstanding level of customer service as well as ensuring my requirements are met.

Bottom line up front, they are great to deal with. There staff is personable and friendly and they make being away from home so often easier to deal with.

Andi, Gabby, John - Thanks so much.

CPT B

Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a two night stay, Friday and Saturday. We were warmly greeted at the front desk when we arrived and immediately offered warm cookies. It was a treat for we had just flown in and were starving. The rooms were CLEAN, MODERN and more than we could have hoped for. ALL of the staff tried to ensure that we had a nice stay, which we did.
We had breakfast the next morning at the hotel restaurant, delicious!
The location of the hotel was perfect. We were able to walk to both of our dinner destinations and took a tour of the state capitol building without having to move our car.
We would definitely stay here again when we return to Tallahassee.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I travel to Tallahassee several times a year while the legislature is in session. I always stay at the Doubletree in Tallahassee and would not stay anywhere else. All of the staff from the front desk receptionist right up to Mr. Kelly, the General Manager, are extremely helpful in meeting my special needs. I am totally blind and travel with my guide dog. I always request a room number ending in 02 or 04 since I know that they will be located at the end of the hall making it easy for me to take my dog outside when necessary. Mr. Kelly makes certain my request is always honored. He and other staff members have gone out of their way to be helpful, and I am deeply appreciative of their efforts.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for my daughter's graduation. Everyone, from the front desk employees, the wait staff and the household dept are so nice and want to make your stay very enjoyable. The staff at this hotel are simply amazing! The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Decide what level want to park your car. It might not be on the same level as your room, but very e...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This Doubletree has improved in recent years. Having stayed in Tallahassee hotels numerous times, I have been a frequest client of the Doubletree. Customer service at the front desk is friendlier and more efficient. The rooms are comfortable and updated. Parking is still tight as it is in most Tallahassee lodging but it is convienient to have your vehicle onsite.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

There are so many crummy hotels charging 3x markups for home games in Tally. If you can score a room here, it such a nice place to go back to. Probably a 3-star rating in most circumstances but a 4-star rating in comparison to some other places for FSU games. Location is also great...walking distance to the Tucker center.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2012

As a business traveler, I've stayed here about 30 times over the last decade. This place is not a flashy, 5-star hotel so if you're expecting that type of quality or service, you might recall this is Tallahassee, not Miami or Paris. The hotel is just a tad dated in consideration of other newer properties, but in my opinion, the Doubletree's location is excellent, the staff has strong customer service skills, and the price is very reasonable. There are several good restuarants in close walking proximity and the staff will give you directions to any of them.

They offer free airport shuttle that I don't believe the other hotels offer. (Call for it the moments after your flight arrives. Make sure you tip.) In my experiences, the rooms are clean, the business center works, the parking lot is fine, the bar and small restaurant are good, and even the breakfast buffet is edible. Clearly, the hotel's manager recognizes the place isn't the only show in town anymore, so, in my experiences, the staff is polite and works hard to make your stay a good one. This hotel is a fine choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business