“Excellent Service All Around. The Closest Large Hotel to the Capital the State Supreme Court”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed June 8, 2011

From the time I pulled in to valet park at 10 pm, until I pulled out 36 hours later, the service was impeaccable. Everyone was very helpful and friendly, and I usually do not experience this. There is a good restaurant on site. I had the ceasar salad with fried chicken which was excellent one morning for brunch; and the next morning I had the breakfast buffet. My waitress ended up giving me a coupon that was unused the second day, so I did not even have to pay. The AAA rate is good, but when I asked for a better rate, I guess because of the availablel stock, I was given an even better rate. I ended up paying $18.00 less per night than a colleague who stayed there. For Starbuck lovers, there is kiosk in the hotel lobby, which is a good thing, because there are none within walking distance. There is a great little restuarant next to the hote named Avenues as well. I was there on business before the Florida Supreme Court. The Doubletree is the closest hotel to my knowledge (other than the Governor's Inn) to the Capital and the Supreme Court. The only downside I had with my experience was that the club chair in my room needed to be reupholstered due to wear (which made it look dirty).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JacksonvilleFL1966

Reviewed June 1, 2011

My Wife and I recently stayed at the Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee as a jumping off point to explore the Big Bend area of Florida.

Of course we had no plan, and no clue as to where to go and what to see. Fortunately for us we encountered one of the restaurant staff members Chris Begeal. Once Chris learned the purpose of our trip she became excited about our adventure, and was more than happy to take the time to help plan our escape. Her knowledge of the area, coupled with her enthusiasm was motivating to say the least. Bottom-line, we followed her recommendations and had a remarkable trip. Although the hotel was great, located in walking distance to top shelf restaurants and the capital, it was Chris who made our stay memorable. Charles W

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank scootbear
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Have stayed here many times in the past, but this hotel has really been upgraded. Stayed here on Memorial Day weekend and everything was perfect. From the moment you walk in, the staff is smiling and ready to help you with whatever you need. The entire hotel is sparkling clean and the new elevators have really made a difference. The room are beautiful and extremely clean. The location is the best in Tallahassee and close to everything. To me, there is no other place to stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here along with a number of family members for a recent wedding. It's conveniently located in downtown Tallahassee. Daily parking in the adjacent garage was pretty reasonable at $6/day and there is very limited street parking available.

Check in was quick - we had booked through hotwire and requested a king bed, but were told we had to take 2 queen beds. A little disappointing but not a big deal, especially considering the discounted rate we had paid. The warm cookies upon arrival were a nice bonus.

We saw several other rooms on different floors and they were pretty similar. Ours was on the 12th floor and seemed a bit more spacious than some of the other rooms with 2 queens. Our room also had a mini fridge, while other family members did not have one in their room - seemed to be hit or miss.

The hotel has a bar and restaurant, but we didn't try either. There are several eateries around the block, but most were closed on the weekend so your options are limited if you don't have a car. I liked that there was a farmer's market/craft fair across the street on Saturday.

The bathroom was clean and had a nice array of toiletries - no complaints there other than it was small. I would definitely stay here again, but would probably think it overpriced if I paid the listed rate.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The Doubletree Hotel in Tallahassee is conveniently located to Florida State University, in walking distance of the State Capital and centrally located to all that Tallahassee has to offer. The rooms are clean, and the accommadations spacious and comfortable. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful, and the cookies lived up to their reputation. The dining, housekeeping and engineering staff were all cheerful and immediately available when needed. While the Doubletree provides wireless internet access, flat screen T.V.s and all the required amenities for today's traveler, it's best asset is the staff delivering the warmth of Tallahassee's Old Southern Charm.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank carolyntripMiami
Reviewed May 21, 2011

John the General Manager is a superb leader of the entire staff. He is visible in all aspects of the hotel. From the time you enter the hotel all staff references you by your last name. I could not stay at a better hotel. The food is outstanding and the rooms are very clean. Outstanding customer service throughout the hotel. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jkna
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We recently stayed here with a large family group for a wedding. The hotel was alright. It has a nice restaurant downstairs, a starbucks if you need it, and a large pool. And it is conveniently located to everything downtown. However, housekeeping was a big mess. The towels and bed linens we were provided at checkin had very obvious stains on them. How this was missed I cannot understand. And during our three night stay, housekeeping continually failed to make it to clean all the rooms in our party, despite the fact we left the hotel for extended hours every day. One of the guests in our party had housekeeping knock on their door to clean at 7:30 am! We found out we weren't the only ones as 2 seperate times on the elevator, a different hotel guest complained how housekeeping had missed cleaning their rooms, with one headed down to the front desk with pictures of her room to complain. The weather was nice during our stay and our family would have liked to enjoy the pool. But despite being located IN FLORIDA, the hotel provided a limited number of chairs around the pool, so that there was nowhere to sit. (My estimate, maybe 10 lounging chairs, 2 umbrella tables with 4-6 sit up chairs each, and a bench). You would think the pool would be set up so that more than 3 groups could use the pool at the same time in May in Florida. My overall assesment of this hotel: it will do, but don't expect luxury. And be sure to ask for extra towels.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family