“Warm, Friendly and Helpful Staff with clean rooms!”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
miami
“Warm, Friendly and Helpful Staff with clean rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

The Doubletree Hotel in Tallahassee is conveniently located to Florida State University, in walking distance of the State Capital and centrally located to all that Tallahassee has to offer. The rooms are clean, and the accommadations spacious and comfortable. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful, and the cookies lived up to their reputation. The dining, housekeeping and engineering staff were all cheerful and immediately available when needed. While the Doubletree provides wireless internet access, flat screen T.V.s and all the required amenities for today's traveler, it's best asset is the staff delivering the warmth of Tallahassee's Old Southern Charm.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank carolyntripMiami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

John the General Manager is a superb leader of the entire staff. He is visible in all aspects of the hotel. From the time you enter the hotel all staff references you by your last name. I could not stay at a better hotel. The food is outstanding and the rooms are very clean. Outstanding customer service throughout the hotel. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank jkna
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

We recently stayed here with a large family group for a wedding. The hotel was alright. It has a nice restaurant downstairs, a starbucks if you need it, and a large pool. And it is conveniently located to everything downtown. However, housekeeping was a big mess. The towels and bed linens we were provided at checkin had very obvious stains on them. How this was missed I cannot understand. And during our three night stay, housekeeping continually failed to make it to clean all the rooms in our party, despite the fact we left the hotel for extended hours every day. One of the guests in our party had housekeeping knock on their door to clean at 7:30 am! We found out we weren't the only ones as 2 seperate times on the elevator, a different hotel guest complained how housekeeping had missed cleaning their rooms, with one headed down to the front desk with pictures of her room to complain. The weather was nice during our stay and our family would have liked to enjoy the pool. But despite being located IN FLORIDA, the hotel provided a limited number of chairs around the pool, so that there was nowhere to sit. (My estimate, maybe 10 lounging chairs, 2 umbrella tables with 4-6 sit up chairs each, and a bench). You would think the pool would be set up so that more than 3 groups could use the pool at the same time in May in Florida. My overall assesment of this hotel: it will do, but don't expect luxury. And be sure to ask for extra towels.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

Over the past two years, I have been called to business in Tallahasee, FL and John Kelly and his staff have been the most professional & accomodating individuals that I have ever come across in the hotel business. I travel twice a month all over the country and have not had anyone treat me as well as I have been treated at the Doubletree in Tallahassee. They remember my name even if I haven't been there in a while and the front desk staff is always going the extra mile. They make me feel like I'm at home even though I'm not. Thank you for all you do for traveling business people like me.

Room Tip: Communicate your needs and they will accomodate.
2 Thank tadar
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

My colleagues and I have to make frequent trips to Tallahassee; monthly and on some occasions weekly. The great customer service is simply outstanding begins at the time we make our reservations with quick and timely response to all requests. Upon arrival we are greeted by name with open arms and a cookie. The rooms are always immaculate and welcoming.Check out is smooth sailing and there has never been a need, no matter how small (shaving cream) that has not been attended to immediately with a smile. I wish my other city stays were as great and I highly recommend this hotel to all who visit Tallahasee.

1 Thank rc3hr
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

I work as a District Sales Manager for a Major web based company here in the US. My job includes setting up meetings and conferences in several states. I would like to recommend Amanda Quick in the Sales Department as a point of contact for anyone planning a meeting. She was able to accommodate our sudden change in plans that were very unexpected. She was able to rise to the challenge of booking a room for not only one day, but another day just one day later with very little notice. She and her Colleagues at the Double tree Hotel in Tallahassee are very pleasant, professional and at the top of their game. Good for you; way to set the bar for the hotel industry!

Best Regards,

Terri Reese
District Sales Manager
Atlanta, GA

Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

Great hotel in the middle of downtown Tallahassee. Top shelf hotel staff willing to do whatever it takes. I had the pleasure of meeting John The GM and he is the best. Very helpful !!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple