“Fantastic Hotel.. Great Place to Stay in Tallahassee”

Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Danbury, Connecticut
“Fantastic Hotel.. Great Place to Stay in Tallahassee”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Hampton Inn Central is centrally located and easily accessible to downtown. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. Mary in housekeeping does an outstanding job and always remembers the small things to make my stay memorable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We were there during some trying times. My wife's brother had to have open heart surgery. We thought we would be there 3 or 4 days. We stayed 3 weeks. The "TEAM" provided the needed stability to get us thru the trying times. From the managers and housekeepers, breakfast chef, and maintenance folks. A great team that works together, to provide SERVICE.
We had stayed there last year and had nice memories. So we decided to try it again. Fantastic people.

• Stayed October 2010
Tampa
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. While this is located right on Apalachee Parkway, it is set back from the road enough so that it is very quiet. As noted by other reviewers, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The room showed some signs of wear (dented lampshade, large scuffs on tables, marks on walls) but was otherwise clean and had the usual wonderful Hampton beds. The breakfast, while serving the same food items as I expect from Hampton, was surprisingly cold and stale so many items such as the bread and sausage were not edible. (The coffee and waffles were fine). With the clean room and good value, I'd certainly stay here again on business.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Central for one night and it was wonderful. The rooms were so clean and the staff was so friendly. I stayed here last year and the hotel was not that pleasant. I am happy I gave them another chance and will do so again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Tallahassee/Central for a work trip. I travel often for work and meet many employyes and get good customer service. But during my stay at Hampton Inn/ Tallahasee I experience great quality customer service from the staff but excellant service from Ms. Tiffany Marshall and Mr. Ian Patterson. I had a maintanece problem in my room and Mr. Ian fixed the problem. Mr. Ian was very nice and kind as he worked on the problem. Ms. Marshall contaced me to make that my issue was address. Anytime that I am in Tallahassee I will stay at the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2010

During our stay, the entire staff made sure my wife and I were well taken care of. It was home coming weekend for FSU so they were very busy, yet they still took the time to treat us like family. The rooms are well layed out and very clean. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to family or friends.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Bartow, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2010

For about three years this hotel has been my home away from home. As a widow, I travel with my daughter or friends to the football games. The staff makes an obvious effort to be welcoming and friendly. Yet, I feel that their gestures are given sincerely. One time when I had forgot our playing cards, a staff member went to a store to purchase two decks of cards so that my friends and I could enjoy a game of cards in the lobby. We were impressed! We have left items in our rooms -more than once- but the staff took care of our things until they could be returned to us safely. It's nice to know that people are looking out for us. I like that the hotel is nestled back from the road but easily accessible. The entry sign is somewhat difficult to locate. I understand the economics of the two-night minimum and increased rates for the football weekends. However, I would probably attend more games if the room were not so expensive.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends