“"Awesome Management & Staff"”

Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were passing through and decided to surprise our daughter attending FSU. This was our very first time staying at this Hampton Inn and we were very surprised to be greeted by both managers Sophia and Jessica. They even helped us get our luggage out the car...who does that?? Very clean, quality service, pleasant and accomodating staff. Located in a nice area in the city. This is our new favorite place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Glo J,

Thank you for your positive comments. Our associates strive to be the best in town! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you on your next visit to Tallahassee. GO NOLES!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Room smelled musty, bathroom had hair left around sink, toilet, tub. Hotel is not in the best section of town and construction dumpsters were in the parking lot. Hilton Honors member and loyal Hampton Inn Hotel user and never had an experience like this at any other Hampton.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Paul H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central. We value all comments from our guest as these comments are extremely valuable in identifying areas where we need to improve. We are very disappointed to learn your visit with us was less then enjoyable. As our guest you expect us to prepare your accommodations properly. We apologize for falling below our standards and we apologize to you for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We do hope that you will return and stay with us soon so we may provide you with the excellent facilities and outstanding service you expect at Hampton Inns.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My bed was not made for two (2) days in a row. Towels were not replaced in the bathroom and the coffee was not replenished daily. I spoke to the front desk and they indicated that if the bedspread is pulled up, the bed is not made. They said this is standard practice for not making the bed. They offered to make my bed but I declined the offer. I have NEVER experienced this type of room care at all of my stays at Hampton. I will not return to this particular Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bryan L P,

Your efforts in sharing your comments surrounding your experience at the Hampton Inn is most appreciated and something we take very seriously! Please accept my sincerest apologies for the aggravation you experienced during your last stay with us. This particular incident will be a lesson learned for my team when it comes to our guest pulling their sheets up on their bed and the miscommunication on Hampton standards. You can be confident that we will follow up on the points you have outlined to ensure staff awareness and additional staff training where needed. We do hope that you will give us another chance when you return to Tallahassee. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went here because our favorite Homewood Suites (another Hilton) was booked.And was taking my 7yr old grandson away for a weekend of fun Since we have a WONDERFUL Hampton in Perry ,I thought it would be a good choice.Tried to book online at the advertised $86.00 rate and just could not accomplish it so as my 7year old grandson and I were going to be in Tally I decided to just go to the hotel...not only was it NOT the advertised price of $86 but NOW it was $149.00..WHAT? when I asked why I was told because there were a lot of events in Tally that weekend.. I did get the AARP discount to $135.00, and since my grandson was patiently waiting to go to the movies I agreed without even looking at the room after all it IS a Hampton..Boy what a shock..room was Old and tattered the couch had stains on the cushions which we had to turn over to sit on it ,the "comforter" was lumpy at best...rug was dirty,and the loudest elevator I have EVER heard...That said I figured we would make the best of it,,after all they have a pool and breakfast right? Took the Child to the pool and it too was worse for wear and not really clean and as for Breakfast ??? Guess I am just used to the REAL Hampton Hotel..especially the one in Perry..the ONLY good news was the staff..Very Friendly But would I go back NEVER not even at the $86.00 price

Room Tip: Try Homewood Suites Next door
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic! I was impressed. The rate was reasonable, the room was spacious, comfortable and very clean, and there was a generous free breakfast downstairs. Plus hot coffee in the lobby 24/7! Convenient location for the relatively small city of Tallahassee, just minutes from downtown. Even closer to the governors square mall, target, and a few good restaurants for a quick bite.

• Stayed: June 2013
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Hi Emily S,

I am very pleased that you chose to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Tallahassee-Central and even happier that we impressed you! I shared your feedback with our team and gave them a big high five! Thank you for the thumbs up and hope to see you on your next visit to Tallahassee.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's your basic plus...clean and friendly and includes the breakfast buffet. Entering and exiting the parking can be tricky, especially if you have to cross over. Front desk was helpful with local restaurant choices and direction. Would stay again and don't forget the cookies!

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid overhead noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stay at a lot of Hampton Inns because they are good value and the beds are very comfortable. This was not the case with our stay in Tallahassee. The Tallahassee Hampton Inn is looking a bit raggedy inside, and the bed was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Linda C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us in Tallahassee. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your last visit in our hotel. You can be confident that we will follow up on the points you have outlined. We will definitely examine the mattress and replace it! You are a valued guest and we do hope you give us another opportunity so that you can experience that outstanding service that you expect at Hampton Inns.