“Good Hotel for the Price”

Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I travel to Tallahassee quite a bit for work and stay at this Hampton 90% of the time (the price gets too high for me during session or college events). It offers exactly what I need; a comfortable bed at a good price in a safe area. I have witnessed the renovations over the past year or so, and I am eager for them to begin renovating the rooms. The lobby looks fantastic, but the rooms need new carpet and furniture. The rooms do have refrigerators and good sized bathrooms with lots of counter space.

In my opinion, it would be more convenient to be closer to the action and restaurants downtown, but the price is right and it offers the amenities I enjoy about most Hamptons; free internet, parking and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in town for my daughter's FSU graduation. This hotel was quieter and less congested since it was further out. Lots of restaurants nearby and plenty of parking. The free breakfast was a definite plus. Little bit of a drive to where the graduation was held but worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please tell your daughter from the staff here at the Hampton Inn Central "Congratulations and we wish her the best". If ever returning to Tallahassee please let me know as it would be my pleasure to accomodate you again. Thank you for choosing us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The outside of this Hampton Inn was so-so, but when I walked into the lobby I was excited! The lobby is totally redone with the newest Hampton decor. I couldn't wait to see my room. When I got there I was disappointed as the lobby was 100000 times nicer than the rooms. The rooms looked 1970's style with popcorn ceilings, old wall coverings/paint and dirty carpet. Needs a major overhaul UPSTAIRS too.

The staff was mostly very friendly and the location for almost everywhere you need to be in Tallahassee is good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for comments regarding our hotel. The hotel has gone through several renovation projects in the past few years. Currently we are renovating our guest room bathrooms which includes new floor tile, fixtures, vanities, as well as new wall paper in every guest room. If ever in Tallahassee please let me know as it would be my pleasure to accomodate you again. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Central and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Was in Tallahassee for a 2 night stay. The Hampton Inn is usually my first choice in most cities and I was not disappointed with this one. The front desk staff were very friendly. I came in one night and jokingly said "I hope there's caffeine coffee." The young man said, if there isn't, we'll make some fresh. He then went in to the kitchen and brought out fresh chocolate chip cookies. The breakfast was good. The only problem I had was a large group of teens staying at the hotel created a longer wait time. Not anyone's fault. I think I'll ask next time if there are any large groups staying so I am prepared.

Room Tip: A tip for myself as well, the next time I book a room in a college town, I will ask if there are any...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was originally put in a room next to the elevator. I requested a different room and was Accommodated. The pool was to cold to get into, not sure if it was supposed to be heated or not. My biggest complaint was the breakfast. At 8:00 am we went down to the lobby, and found very little food left. We got what we could. As we ate I only noticed one time that someone came out and filled the bacon up. what eggs that were left were rubbery and cold. The coffee was on station was set up on the other side of the lobby. I don't know. It just wasn't a good experience. Especially for what I paid. I like the Hampton. We always stay at these hotels, and this one stay will not change my choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for Garnet/Gold spring game weekend. Reserved online in advance, check-in was a breeze. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfy. Breakfast had decent selection of meat each day, plus eggs, waffles, fruit, etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

We here at the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, want to say "Thank You" for your recent stay and comment, the staff here really appreciates it!

Our staff here at the Hampton Inn are doing whatever we can to make your stay pleasant and memorable. Clean rooms, good breakfast, great customer service is our main priority.

Thanks again, you mean a lot to us here at the Hampton Inn Central Tallahassee

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was dark and the window was only looking to the parking lot. The hotel was behind a restaurant. The breakfast food was basically the same each day. The chocolate chip cookies that were available at night, were not home baked. The bananas were very ripe.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to forward the constructive comments regarding your experience. I am sincerely sorry your impression during your stay fell so short of satisfaction. I'm surprised that you did not enjoy our chocolate chip cookies. They are standard Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and unfortunately can not be homemade but are usually a hit with our guest.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvement to ensure we offer a better experience for guest in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.