“Not An Excellent Hampton, But Not Bad Either”

Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I didn't find this Hampton Central to be anything but average. The staff were all friendly, upbeat, well spoken and appreciative. The room clean and needing only minor cosmetic repairs. But I stay at many other Hampton's at equal or better prices that totally rock. At around a hundred and a quarter, there are probably better values around Tallahassee.
A typical Hampton style breakfast. They serve these (possibly powdered) scrambled eggs that I keep trying (for some reason), but continue to throw away. Some days, they have bacon or ham. Today was turkey sausage day, so I didn't even attempt it. The breakfast area was clean and stocked by the friendly person filling in for the regular attendant.
I may stay here again, but, I will negotiate for a better nightly rate or try elsewhere.
This was my first ever stay in a Hampton room with 2 beds. These were the smallest beds ever. Were these singles ???? I haven't been in a bed that small since I slept on the top bunk as a kid. If this is the typical size beds when needing two beds in a room, they are totally too small for more than one person in each. But perhaps I'm just a spoiled American.

Room Tip: If you are needing a room with two beds and plan to sleep two per bed, they better be pretty close f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had a great stay. The breakfast staff made each day start off great! I appreciated the make-up removal cloths in the bathrooms, someone was thinking about the needs of women! I did find the television a little difficult to operate. The on-screen guide was sent one hour ahead of the present time, so it was difficult to find certain programs I wanted to watch on television. I did not use the pool or fitness areas, but I did use the free wireless internet. I found this to be very easy. The speed of the internet was also satisfactory.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JanieBelle80
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is showing its age. The ceiling in our room was pealing off. Paint pealing on the door jambs. Staff was very helpful, and courteous. Room had two full sized beds (not queen beds), and only 3 pillows for each bed. Bathroom was large although the countertop was marred and not pristine. Ample parking and free wifi/internet. Large screen flat TV in room. Breakfast included. We visit Tallahassee regularly and have stayed at many hotels, and this one ranks as just average. There are nicer possibilities at the same price point. Parking lot is VERY poorly lit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I do apologize about your stay with us and please know that we are currently in the process of upgrading our property. We just completed our lobby area and are now starting on our guest rooms. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience, and I hope you will give us future opportunities to provide the level of service you expect and deserve. You are important to us!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Although the drive to this location is somewhat hectic, it is close to good restaurants and the State Capital. The hotel was very clean, the staff very nice and friendly, and this time we got cookies. The breakfast was good and the area was maintained well, with someone there to help guests when needed. The wi-fi process is now easier, or perhaps our gadgets now just make connection easier. But all in all this was a good stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

It's nice to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. I do apologize that you had a hectic drive to our location but I do hope our delicious cookies made up for it. Hope to see you again soon.

Sophia Wong

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Hampton Inn has never failed me in comfort, service, amenities, and so much more. I have never stayed at a "bad" hotel in the Hampton Inn. They are consistent throughout the United States and I have traveled all over them.

Room Tip: Always present your AARP card and you will get a good discount. The price is between $93 to $100 an...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central. We loved having you as our guest. Hope to see you.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to Tallahassee on business. It was the perfect accommodation, exactly what we needed for our business trip. Great service and great amenities. You get free breakfast and free in-room wifi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was not pleasant experience from checking to being here, not good room view for the rate and service was not good. I am HiltonHonors silver member and this is not typical of Hampton Inn. I recommend maybe trying hotel facility next door, Homewood Suites. I have to say that this is close location to State Capital Building and the Mall (Governor). This is was our first time to Tallahassee. IF we come back, we are not staying here. I rather stay next door. This is hotel as a poor which is outside and we do not try in case this info helps! Again, I stay at different Hilton brand hotels, and this is not typical for Hampton Inn or Hilton Hotels.

Room Tip: Make sure you asked for view for the street or at least get a room that does not have a blocked view...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family