“A bit tired”

Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #5 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is showing its age. The ceiling in our room was pealing off. Paint pealing on the door jambs. Staff was very helpful, and courteous. Room had two full sized beds (not queen beds), and only 3 pillows for each bed. Bathroom was large although the countertop was marred and not pristine. Ample parking and free wifi/internet. Large screen flat TV in room. Breakfast included. We visit Tallahassee regularly and have stayed at many hotels, and this one ranks as just average. There are nicer possibilities at the same price point. Parking lot is VERY poorly lit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I do apologize about your stay with us and please know that we are currently in the process of upgrading our property. We just completed our lobby area and are now starting on our guest rooms. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience, and I hope you will give us future opportunities to provide the level of service you expect and deserve. You are important to us!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Although the drive to this location is somewhat hectic, it is close to good restaurants and the State Capital. The hotel was very clean, the staff very nice and friendly, and this time we got cookies. The breakfast was good and the area was maintained well, with someone there to help guests when needed. The wi-fi process is now easier, or perhaps our gadgets now just make connection easier. But all in all this was a good stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

It's nice to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. I do apologize that you had a hectic drive to our location but I do hope our delicious cookies made up for it. Hope to see you again soon.

Sophia Wong

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Hampton Inn has never failed me in comfort, service, amenities, and so much more. I have never stayed at a "bad" hotel in the Hampton Inn. They are consistent throughout the United States and I have traveled all over them.

Room Tip: Always present your AARP card and you will get a good discount. The price is between $93 to $100 an...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central. We loved having you as our guest. Hope to see you.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone going to Tallahassee on business. It was the perfect accommodation, exactly what we needed for our business trip. Great service and great amenities. You get free breakfast and free in-room wifi.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was not pleasant experience from checking to being here, not good room view for the rate and service was not good. I am HiltonHonors silver member and this is not typical of Hampton Inn. I recommend maybe trying hotel facility next door, Homewood Suites. I have to say that this is close location to State Capital Building and the Mall (Governor). This is was our first time to Tallahassee. IF we come back, we are not staying here. I rather stay next door. This is hotel as a poor which is outside and we do not try in case this info helps! Again, I stay at different Hilton brand hotels, and this is not typical for Hampton Inn or Hilton Hotels.

Room Tip: Make sure you asked for view for the street or at least get a room that does not have a blocked view...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel offers coffee, fruit, and fresh baked cookies around the clock in the lobby for free. The location is great, as it is close to many restaurants and some shopping. The staff were very friendly and were ready to help with anything they could. The room was huge and very clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sophia Wong

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Located a block or so off the parkway it is away from most of the traffic noiise. Rooms are showing signs of wear since our stays in 2006 & 2008. We stayed twice in December 2012, about 2 weeks apart. The first time: Furniture finishes marred, dinged & chipped in places. Wall texture needed redo in places, a noticably sloppy drywall repair in our room that was just painted over. shower head would not turn its setting and its pipe was loose in a hole in the shower wall. the shower drain plug didn't stay open, and they were stingy with the towels, allowed only two of each size towel, and some had been worn thin. breakfast area seemed somewhat cramped. The second stay: room condition was better than the earlier stay, but the work table in this room had a
rough face board that would snag clothing, and this room also had the loose shower pipe problem as the first room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central during your recent visit to Tallahassee. We loved having you as our guest. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. All of the comments and feedback we receive from our guests are extremely helpful to us! We want to do everything we can to ensure that your stay with us exceeds your expectations.

I hope you will accept my apologies for the maintenance issues you encountered during your stay. The quality of product you received is not up to our standards and I can assure you that I will personally address them to raise the level of attention paid to the guest rooms.

Thank you again for bringing your experience to my attention. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at GM.TLHHH@kelcohotels.com

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Tallahassee!