“Issues with management, try the Garden Inn down the road”

Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton, Canada
“Issues with management, try the Garden Inn down the road”
Reviewed March 21, 2008

I tend to stay with Hilton properties across the country, and I'd rank this as an average to below-average Hampton Inn.

Room, cleanliness, breakfast were okay.

It was my interactions with management that really set me off with this hotel. I was too ill to get on an airplane, so I called the day before arrival and switched from a Tue-Thurs stay to a Wed-Fri stay. Nobody mentioned any problems to me, and it was within the 24-hour cancellation policy. A month later, I noticed on my amex bill that they had charged me for a full stay on Tuesday night. No bill, no notification, just an unexpected line item on the credit card.

I tried to get this resolved with the hotel staff, with hotel management, with Hilton Honors customer service, and finally via my travel agent. In the end, I was forced to pay for a missed night.

There were other issues with management that I won't go into here. My summary would be that this is an okay hotel, but they lack the attitude necessary to cater to business travelers. If you're looking for a great hotel in the same area, try the Hilton Garden Inn just down the road.

• Liked — Rooms were okay.
  • Disliked — Bad management attitude towards business travelers
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Family & Friends stayed at the Hampton Inn for my daughter's graduation from FAMU. Arrived early & staff gladly accommodated us. Hotel & rooms were great overall. I would note that one of the four rooms we booked did not have a microwave & refrigerator yet they paid the same rates. We didn't think that was fair ~ hotel staff says they are in the process of putting those appliances in each room so if it's important to you ~ you may want to verify that when checking in. The full hot breakfast advertised was good, meaning taste & presentation were great but options limited (they seemed to rotate between sausage patties & french toast sticks one morning then egg patties & sausage patties the next with other fruit/breads/cereal options. We didn't use the pool or gym but we did see them & both looked clean and inviting. Location is perfect (on Apalachee a straight line to the capitol & other main attractions). And, staff was friendly and helpful. I've stayed in several hotels in Tallahassee the 4 years my daughter was in school there; I would rate this one of the best.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Jaie
Alabama
Reviewed January 30, 2007

I visited Tallahassee for business and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn. The location is excellent - an easy drive to downtown and Florida State University. The hotel was very clean. I loved that all my linens were obviously freshly laundered, and the bathroom and carpet were spotless. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was also quiet, and there was a pretty nice continental breakfast. Finally, I had trouble getting my wireless internet to work, so the front desk associate gave me a wireless bridge so I could access the internet from my room - no problem.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Heart0fDixie
Orlando, FL
Reviewed July 11, 2006

I was very impressed with this Hampton Inn. Not only was the staff very friendly, but the rooms were very clean and they served a free hot breakfast in the morning. There is also a computer set up in the lobby for free internet access. You can't beat this hotel, especially for the cost.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank Luv2CtheWorld
Austin, TX
Reviewed December 1, 2005

Stayed here for the first time and had a good experience. Hotel is set off the main road a bit, sharing a parking lot with Homewood Suites. We were initially staying at the Holiday Inn on Apalachee which is quite a bit closer to town and cheaper at $69 vs. $109, but you get what you pay for, and free breakfast, free internet, free snacks at night. Staff is very nice. Our room had a couch and desk and not terribly large bathroom, but clean, smelled fine. Reasonably new decor in room and lobby.

Note those traveling with baby/toddler: We brought our own crib, usually putting it in a closet or bathroom, no such luck here (or at the holiday inn), but our kid slept fine.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank mlee88inAustin
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2004

This is a standard Hampton Inn in terms of decor and cleanliness. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even called me at home after my check out to make sure I had everything I needed.

5 Thank TrvlrX