“Outstanding Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Milton, Florida
“Outstanding Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I often travel across North Florida on business. Whenever possible I stay at a Hampton Inn Hotel. When in Tallahassee I stay at the Hampton Inn Central off Apalachee Pkwy. This location is very convenient and the accomodations & services are outstanding. The desk staff are always friendly, professional and accomodating. The facility grounds are well landscaped and the rooms are always fresh & clean. The breakfast buffet is attended by helpful staff and the food is great compared to similiar locatons. The manager's name is Ashley Schneider. She and the other staff are always friendly, professional and helpful.
Thanks Ashley,
Dexton Spears

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

First, in the spirit of Full Disclosure, I'm a loyal Hilton customer (I've been a Diamond member for over 6 years) and they did "work" me in as the property was almost to capacity. Here's my "gripe": they put me in an "accessible" room which is in desperate need of a little TLC. First, the bathroom floor was flithy and second (get ready) the closet smelled of thick cat urine. My only guess is that the last guest had a cat with them and it used the closet as its litter box. My clothes smelled the next day of the closet (which was gross). I've stayed here before and I've had OK experiences. Why just "OK"? As a fan of Hilton branded properties, this one is closer to a Super 8 than a typical Hampton (but it has a great location for my business needs so I make do). I would not stay here for "pleasure".

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Billyboyb
Hampton-Inn-Central, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Please accept my sincere apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your last visit in our hotel. We are constantly monitoring the performance of all our employees against high service and quality standards.

You can be confident that we will follow-up on the points you have outlined to ensure staff awareness and additional staff training where needed. May I ask you? Did you ever share your concerns with the staff? If yes, what did they do for you? We do not allow pets at our hotel at all.

We value your patronage – we want you as our guest! Again, we extend our apologies, and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

In that you were not satisfied with our services – I cannot ask you to fully pay for your stay–Please contact me, so I may adjust your bill, it is never about the money, it is always about your loyalty!

Regards,
Ashley Schneider
General Manager-Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central
(850)309-1300
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were evacuated from St. George Island because of Debby so we headed to Tallahassee hoping to get back to the island soon. Wound up spending two nights there before we decided to make a move westward away from Debby. The rooms are always great at Hampton and the staff at this location we great. They tried to help us find things to do in Tallahassee for our kids while we waited out the storm. They also recommended area restraurants. Awesome staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MortgageBob
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central. We are sorry your vacation was interrupted by a Tropical Storm. I am glad my employee's were able to take care of you and your family. I will share your comments with my entire staff. We hope you will visit us again next time you are in Tallahassee, hopefully under different circumstances. Have a safe fourth of July.
Americus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

I travel to many cities across the southeast and am a Diamond Member of the Hilton Honors Club. Sometimes I stay at other hotel chains if I am not satisfied with the service or accomodations, however I will say, the majority of the hotels that are a part of Hilton Honors Club are very nice. My preference is the Hampton Inn and want to let you know my evaluation of a very special location in Tallahassee FL - The Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central. The service at this location is the best, the accomodations are always clean and the staff is professional. The breakfast buffet is always attended by helpful staff and I find the food there above average in comparison with other locations. I found out the manager's name, Ashley Schneider, and asked to speak to her to let her know how much I enjoy my stays at her first-class and convenient Hampton Inn location in Tallahassee.

Bill Bolton

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary Ann M
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central. It is always a pleasure to speak with you when you visit our hotel. I will be sharing your comments with my entire staff. We look forward to your next stay with us. Have a safe fourth of July.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Our business trip was not a pleasant one but I couldn't say enough nice things about the stay at this hotel. Guest services and managers are first class. Some of the nicest and most helpful girls I have ever became acquainted with. Rooms where very clean, comfortable and accommodating. Without this hotel and the help of Krystal and Leslie the trip would have been a total waste. These two girls where wonderful and went above and beyond the call of duty in helping us. The general manager Ashly was also most accommodating and did right by hiring these two wonderful ladies. In my opinion there isn't a better hotel in Tallahassee and I wouldn't spend my hard earned dollar anywhere else. Thanks again girls for all the help and hospitality you showed me and my business partners :-).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary H
, Manager at Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Gary H,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central. We are so happy your business trip went well. I know Leslie and Kristl were thrilled to help you out. I have shared your comments with them and the entire staff. Have a safe fourth of July.

Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Safe, quiet stay. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. Large, clean room. Internet worked fine. A great value compared to some of the road hotels we stayed at. Nice to have regular access to free coffee!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MWMomm
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed in Room 407. King size bed, pull out sofa. Bed was very comfortable. Coffe was great downstairs. The only negative was the low water pressure. They even had a makeup remover pad with the toiletries!!! AMAZING!!! Coffee was great to!!! Service was #1 also.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple