“Great Customer Service!”

Ranked #42 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Customer Service!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel while attending a funeral. While the hotel could use a renovation, the staff was excellent and that spoke volumes. The kitchen and breakfast staff was awesome and very helpful to my family. The front desk was very friendly and helpful as well. Good customer service makes your stay worth while. I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HICapitolCenter, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Our staff takes a lot of pride in caring for our guests. They will be thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Unique lobby, you actually have to go downstairs to get to the elevator. Luckily they do have a luggage lift to get your luggage down to the elevator. Appears to be an older building that the owners have neglicted, even the most simple maintenance. Standard sized room with worn furniture. Entering the bathroom you couldn't help but notice the towel rack had fallen down and was screwed in at a 45 degree angle. The shower head was just flopping around in a large round hole in a wall. Once inside the shower, there was hair on the shower curtin, in the tub and on the hair dryer. This is the only hotel I've ever stayed at that only supplied 2 towels per room. Both towels were old, ragged and rough enough to use as an exfollient. Sheets and duvet were also old, worn and discolored. The staff while not rude, were also not friendly. There are much better choices in Tallahassee for lodging.

Room Tip: Vet all rooms and lodging through Trip Adivsor before reserving.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redfisher300
Our guests’ satisfaction is extremely important to us. We apologize for the negative experience you had while staying with us. We would like the opportunity to show you how wonderful at stay at our hotel can be. Please feel to contact us directly so that we can discuss your experience.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The bathroom was dirty, the covers where dirty. I was afraid to walk barefooted. Staff was friendly and professional though. The morning of my departure, housekeeping came twice. The last time, I was in the shower and the gentleman tried to open the door. I quickly got out of the shower to tell him that I was in here. He said that he knocked and I said that I was in the shower and due to check in later on. He apologized and left. Never staying there again...ever....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Still_Facetious
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re sorry to hear that there were problems with your room. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments. Please contact us directly so that we can discuss your stay. Our staff will be glad to hear that they were the highlight of your stay.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We came for Parents weekend at FSU and while we understand this is a great reason for local hotels to raise their rates, the $299 per night seemed excessive. Unfortunately coming in late the next night there had been no service to the room at all, the front desk said we weren't the only ones and would put us on a list for the manager to contact. Normally it would be no big deal but at $299 a night for a $89 room, we should at least get new towels. Haven't heard a word from the manager, otherwise hotel was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FloridaBeachfamily
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear FloridaBeachfamily,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm pleased you found our hotel clean and comfortable. On the other hand, I apologize we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. I am so sorry for the poor hotel room service you received. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The people here are very nice and helpful. The rooms are very clean and well kept. Everything worked properly in the rooms and I had no issues with housekeeping. The prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality and compared to other hotels in the area. Overall the stay at Holiday Inn on 1355 Apalachee Parkway Tallahassee , FL 32301 is the best place to stay and I recommend it to anyone who wishes to stay somewhere with affordable prices and great service.

• Stayed December 2011
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you next time you are in Tallahassee!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I traveled to Tallahassee on business last week. I booked the hotel based on price, and only read the reviews at the airport while on a layover. Reading the reviews I started to think I had made a mistake and started making alternate arrangements just in case. When I arrived I have to admit I was not overly impressed. As I checked in I was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk who had my reservation ready. I checked in quickly. I had some questions in referance to my appointment the next day and the desk clerk was very helpful and knowledgeable. My room was very clean. The bathroom could use some updating, but it was clean with plenty of hot water (important to me). The beds were comfortable, though I must agree they were on the firm side, but that is how I like it (can't please everyone). Having the Applebees right next door was very convient and the food was typical, but good. I was very suprised that the hotel included a free continental breakfast, which made the value for this hotel even greater. Over all I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to that area. I would definetly stay there again on my next visit. See you in November.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack S
charlotte
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I arrived on a Friday afternoon after a long flight ready to get my marriage certificate with my fiance and to meet with the preacher since I am getting married. I thought this place would be nice since holiday inn seemed to be well respected and a good value. Little did I know I was wrong. I was given a room fairly quickly, which was good. When I got to the room it turned bad. First, the phone did not work and never worked the whole time I was there. Second, the bathtub had water in it I guess from the cleaning staff being careless. Third, the toilet had a dark ring in it, which "lighted up" after I asked them to clean it. Fourth, the bathroom ceiling had black mold. Fifth, the bed sheets had a foul smell that gave me a headache. I did not know about the black mold or foul smelling sheets until the next day. They moved me within an hour to a cleaner room. However, the tv worked only when it wanted to. If you like to live your life full of unexpected surprises by all means stay here. Otherwise, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank WorldTvlr
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Tallahassee Capitol, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear WorldTvlr,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee, FL.

Orlando A.