“Beautiful!! ”

Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Benton, Mississippi
“Beautiful!! ”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on our way home from the Keys, and it was the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in! Hotel is brand new with beautiful, clean rooms. Bed was extremely comfortable! Staff was very friendly. I hate that we had to leave before the hot breakfast started. Wish all hotels were this nice!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Coral Springs, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is one of the best hotels that I had the pleasure of experiencing. It is extremely clean, beautiful and well maintained. The room is big with queen sized beds, large bathrooms and all amenities necessary that made my stay very comfortable. I look forward to staying here on a continued bases as my daughter attends FSU. Great Hotel that I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a fair price for an A rated and upgraded hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Vanessa S
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stayed at the newly remodeled Best Western for a preview day at FSU. The hotel was not far from the school. The rooms were decorated very nicely and the beds were very comfortable. Everything in the hotel was spotless. The breakfast in the morning was perfect for a quick bite before we headed to the school. Everyone we came in contact with during our one-night stay was extremely nice. We will definitely be staying there again for all of our future trips to Tallahassee after our son starts school in the fall.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Heidi M
Tampa, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wanted an economical hotel for a night. Had a FSU Preview with my son. This hotel was very nice, especially for the price. It is very new and we received an online Grand Opening rate. The best rate in the area as we checked all the local hotels. The room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The two queen size beds was nice. Better than the typical full size. Wroth the look for anyone staying in Tallahassee. The breakfast was very basic, but good, free,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andrew F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

From our entire hotel staff here at the newly remodeled Best Western PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel, we thank you for your recent stay and positive review with our property.

Your kinds words reflect our mission to provide the best customer service possible to each of our guests and clearly in this case you found that to be true.

I am personally glad you found our close to location (within 10 minutes) to Florida State University beneficial to you and your family.

We hope to see you for many parent weekends!

Pensacola, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The man at check-in could have been more polite but the woman was very good. Everything was updated and the beds were very comfortable and clean. There was no fan in the bathroom and the toilet needed fixing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andrew F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our entrire staff here at the Best Western PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and your 5 star review! I am personally glad you enjoyed our completely renovated and updated property. We hope to see you again at the next Catholic Days Event here at the Capitol!

Midland, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stopped at this Best Western in Tallahassee. It was just opened brand new with a modern lobby. I noticed that there were washing facilities which I don't see in many hotels. The room was fresh and minimally decorated. I immediately noticed that the bed was so high I had to take a running jump at it. It truly needed a small stepping stool to make it possible to get on top.

The furniture was too large for the room and hence there was little space to move about. The office chair did not fit under the desk and it was a struggle to release it. You could not comfortably sit and work.

Here is a list of what was missing- a pen, a laundry bag. conditioner, no makeup remover or hair net, no guest services book. When I went to the front desk to ask for conditioner - they had none and I settled for a wee bottle of scope. The front desk was friendly and efficient.

One pet peeve I have is the noisy heating system in so many hotels- I cant sleep with it on and yet it is too cold if it is off.

While looking for accommodations on my travels, one of the things that I have learned - often the hard way- is that it is very important to know how old the hotel is- typically it is a huge indicator of the quality of your stay.

All in all The Best Western in Tallahassee is modern, clean, fresh and modern but it needs to pay attention to details.

Room Tip: Ask for a bed that is not too high that it is difficult to get on.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth P
Andrew F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our entire staff would like to thank you for your recent stay with our property along with your feedback.

Thank you for noticing our brand new, modern and up to date Best Western PLUS property here in Tallahassee, Florida! We do have many amenities that many other hotels do not, such as the guest laundry service area that is provided for each of our guests.

Our staff takes pride in providing modern, clean and fresh rooms to make you feel at home.

We thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014

An extended trip some years ago had me staying in a string of Best Western Hotels that I judged to be anywhere from "nice" to "sub-par". They weren't that bad, but you never knew what you were going to get any particular night. That kind of un-eveness sent me into the arms of another hotel chain from which I swore I would not be dislodged.
I attended a meeting at the Best Western Tallahassee North and the only logical place to stay was that hotel. Surprise! It was clean, modern, comfortable, attractive and completely decked out with all the features that I had fled to the other (and more expensive) chain for.
Kudos guys! Nice turn around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve T
Andrew F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your awareness of how the Best Western brand has evolved and I am glad you took special note of our facility.

Whether you are a business professional or traveling for a family vacation, we can provide you accommodations in any shape or form. Our brand new hotel is completely modernized with all of the amenities you could ask for!

We thank you for the kudos and look forward to hosting you again.

Regards,