“Modern Hotel - Needs attention to details and room design!”

Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Midland, Canada
“Modern Hotel - Needs attention to details and room design!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stopped at this Best Western in Tallahassee. It was just opened brand new with a modern lobby. I noticed that there were washing facilities which I don't see in many hotels. The room was fresh and minimally decorated. I immediately noticed that the bed was so high I had to take a running jump at it. It truly needed a small stepping stool to make it possible to get on top.

The furniture was too large for the room and hence there was little space to move about. The office chair did not fit under the desk and it was a struggle to release it. You could not comfortably sit and work.

Here is a list of what was missing- a pen, a laundry bag. conditioner, no makeup remover or hair net, no guest services book. When I went to the front desk to ask for conditioner - they had none and I settled for a wee bottle of scope. The front desk was friendly and efficient.

One pet peeve I have is the noisy heating system in so many hotels- I cant sleep with it on and yet it is too cold if it is off.

While looking for accommodations on my travels, one of the things that I have learned - often the hard way- is that it is very important to know how old the hotel is- typically it is a huge indicator of the quality of your stay.

All in all The Best Western in Tallahassee is modern, clean, fresh and modern but it needs to pay attention to details.

Room Tip: Ask for a bed that is not too high that it is difficult to get on.
1 Thank Elizabeth P
Andrew F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our entire staff would like to thank you for your recent stay with our property along with your feedback.

Thank you for noticing our brand new, modern and up to date Best Western PLUS property here in Tallahassee, Florida! We do have many amenities that many other hotels do not, such as the guest laundry service area that is provided for each of our guests.

Our staff takes pride in providing modern, clean and fresh rooms to make you feel at home.

We thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Best Western PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Turkish first
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014

An extended trip some years ago had me staying in a string of Best Western Hotels that I judged to be anywhere from "nice" to "sub-par". They weren't that bad, but you never knew what you were going to get any particular night. That kind of un-eveness sent me into the arms of another hotel chain from which I swore I would not be dislodged.
I attended a meeting at the Best Western Tallahassee North and the only logical place to stay was that hotel. Surprise! It was clean, modern, comfortable, attractive and completely decked out with all the features that I had fled to the other (and more expensive) chain for.
Kudos guys! Nice turn around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve T
Andrew F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your awareness of how the Best Western brand has evolved and I am glad you took special note of our facility.

Whether you are a business professional or traveling for a family vacation, we can provide you accommodations in any shape or form. Our brand new hotel is completely modernized with all of the amenities you could ask for!

We thank you for the kudos and look forward to hosting you again.

Regards,

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 24, 2014

For the first time in recent history we stayed overnight in a Best Western Hotel. Based strictly on the reviews in TripAdvisor we checked into the Best Western Plus in Tallahassee. Brand new facility with all the amenities we expect in business/pleasure travel and THEN some. Staff couldn't have been more accomodating and the hotel itself, open only a few weeks, was a complete delight. Re-think the Best Western brand.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank golferbabe
Dear Guest,

When we receive kind words from our guests such as yours, it reminds of us of why we strive each day to provide the best customer service possible. Our brand new facility and modern hotel provides far reaching amenities along with the comfort of beds that make you feel like you are at home.

We are proud to know you are re-thinking the Best Western brand!

Santa Fe, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2014

It has been a long time since I stayed in a best western but we were tired and on our way to South Florida from Texas. We stopped in Tallahassee at the Best Western it was the best surprise so we stopped there on our way home too. I would recommend Best Western and especially this Best Western to everyone!! Clean room, Friendly employees, filling breakfast, comfortable beds!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Our entire team here at the Best Western PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel is very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest! Our team is committed to providing the best accommodations possible and with you and your family it seems this was exactly the case!

I am personally glad that you enjoyed your stay so much that you came back for more of our complimentary hot pancakes in the morning!

See you next time!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Traveled here with my husband and 2 children and was thrilled with the whole experience. Everyone that I met at the hotel were exceptionally friendly and helpful, especially the front desk staff. The room was very clean and it felt like home. I will be back in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

From our entire staff here at the Best Western PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with our property and positive review.

We have a staff that is fully trained through Best Western PLUS standards and pride ourselves on providing the best customer service possible to each of our guests. I am pleased you found this to the be the case with our front desk staff.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon!

Ponchatoula
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I hope I picked the right hotel. Only open 1 week and surprised it was listed. Never stayed in a BW plus before but if all as nice as this one I surely will. Staff was so friendly. Price was around $90 and they served a great hot breakfast, sausage and bacon! Pancakes were a big hit as well. Rooms were spacious and beds were good as any 5 star hotel I've stayed at. Just off Highway 10. Very convenient for our short overnight stay as we were just passing through and needed a good nights rest. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors usually quietest.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

From everyone here at the newly renovated and opened Best Western PLUS, we would like to thank you for your recent stay with our property and positive review!

As a Best Western PLUS, we take great strides in making sure we provide the best customer care possible to each and every one of our guests. Our staff is very well trained and thank you for recognizing that!

Next time you are passing by on Interstate 10, please stop by! And thank you for the recommendation!

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Travelled to Capital for business this week. Downtown Tallahassee was pretty crowded and full. Found this Best Western just down Monroe St. To my surprise, it was brand new and had very comfortable beds. Took no more than 10 minutes drive to the Capital....and it was rush hour!

Goodbye downtown, I've found a new home in Tall.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay with our property here at the newly remolded Best Western PLUS Tallahassee North Hotel. We are happy to entertain all visitors to the area whether they are families or corporate folks.

I am especially glad you enjoyed our new hotel amenities and the comfort of our brand new beds!

We are excited to be your new home away from home!

Regards