“Hotel From HELL”

Ranked #46 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Hotel From HELL”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My son attended the FSU baseball camp, so my wife and I were in Tallahassee for 5 nights. We have slept at multiple La quinta's and I have always enjoyed my stays. The price is reasonable and the rooms and service were acceptable. However, this time our experience was terrible!!

Day 1 - No bathroom linens - we requested them at check in and we receive them 3 hours later
Day 2 - Cleaning service enters room @ 11AM with no notification (i.e.- a knock on the door)
Day 3 - We returned from the my sons morning workout and the door to our room is open....nothing missing.
Day 4 - No bathroom linens - when we finally receive them @ 7:30PM - we are told they have no wash cloths - no trash can.
Day 5 - We left @ 7 AM

A fresh coat of paint made the over all appearance of our room was decent,. However the cleanliness was deplorable. Stains in the carpet, which I will add was not vacuumed during our entire stay. The floor in the lobby / breakfast area looked like it hadn't seen a mop is weeks ..... one morning they ran out of coffee and another morning they ran out of orange juice ..... I will never stay at this hotel again !!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarkFSU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 21, 2010

My husband has Triple A, so we got a discount on this room. Otherwise, I'm not sure that I would have stayed here but it wasn't a bad experience. The bed was incredibly soft, so I slept very well. However, the carpet was DIRTY in our room, so I didn't feel comfortable with no shoes on. Also, the shower curtain was covered in dirt at the bottom, which really grossed me out. We checked in around 8 that night. Maybe their night shift is the "B" squad because the front desk person wasn't rude, but he definitely wasn't personable. However, the morning shift was fantastic. They were very friendly and helpful, which helped to boost their ratings in my opinion. Overall, not a bad experience. If you're looking for something fancier, I'd recommend that you go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Ok so I read the reviews and was pleasantly surprised. Never stayed at LQ before but needed a good budget hotel. This is my 4th stay at this LQ location (3-4 days each time) and must say each stay has been great. The rooms are clean and in good condition. It is an older property but it is well maintained. One of the buildings is close to the interstate so you may get some noise. Good food options within a mile. The front desk staff is helpful and friendly. They've gone out of their way to be helpful. I plan at least another 3 - 4 weeks here and glad I found this place. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Orlando
Reviewed December 16, 2009

The bathtub was covered with blackish soap scum. Mold and mildew filed every crevice of the bathroom area. The blinds were broken. The heater didn't work. The images on the television were tinted a dark blue. The front of the dresser was splattered with some type of dried drink. The area behind the headboards hadn't been cleaned for years. There was no smoke detector in one of our two rooms. There were no working ice machines. The breakfast area smelled of old, dirty grease. The owners offered to move us to another room instead of refunding the money we had prepaid for the second night. The bathroom in that room was splattered with dried blood. We left after one night.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed June 9, 2009

This was a 'last minute' stop for us after a long trip and too tired to continue. Pulled in as was greeted with a friendly smile and nice service. The rate was well within our budget. We had a King, no smoking room with a nice desk for computer work. The room was very clean, and bathroom looked recently redone. All was very nicely decorated too. At first we thought the hairdryer did not work but the wall outlet breaker had blown so a quick press of the button corrected that. Bed was very comfortable and we slept well. The exterior was very nicely landscaped and very neat. We did not use or see the pool area. The breakfast is served later on Sat. than during week and at first we thought it was very slim but other items did arrive. I had hard boiled egg and bagels, there was cereal, fruit and other packaged pastries milk, juice and coffee. For a continental, it was fine.
I saw another review about room #'s, yes they are numbered funny but the front desk gives out a nice map and draws out how to get to your room. Unless you are traveling with a group, this would not be an issue.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
All Over
Reviewed March 15, 2009

This was a good stay for the price, we got a deal for a few nights. The pool was closed but the location is interesting. The Hotel is kinda built into a hill, the room was nice but a little dated. I guess I would say the hotel would have been really nice 10 years ago, but now it's looking a little dated, but it's a great deal for the price. The desk staff was excellent and helpful. We stayed a few extra nights because we liked the hotel. Oh and pet friendly with no extra fee's.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
boynton beach, florida
Reviewed March 11, 2009

This place by far is one of the worst places I've ever stayed.
When we got to our room and opened the door there were leaves all over place. No big deal ...I just sweep them out.
I had to move the table back to make room for my dog bed and it looked like the carpet had never been vacuumed underneath it. There were stains as well that had never been cleaned up.
I walked into the bathroom and almost feel from the "slime" that was left on the floor. I believe it to have been floor cleaner that just gets put on and lightly wiped over and over again. You couldn't stand on it without sliding. I went to the front desk and asked for more towels so that I could clean it. He said he would bring me some and within 15 mins. he arrived with 4 towels. He said he was sorry and said he could move me to another room but with all our luggage already there we decided against it.
Cleaning it with hot water and towels made it better.
One bed had an elastic strap coming out of it from somewhere for who knows what.
The TV had remote problems.
In the morning I found out that the water in the shower barely came out. At least it was hot.
Before heading out we made some tea and used the hot water from the breakfast area (which was really poor.)
My mom went to use the lobby bathroom and immediately came back out and said there's no toilet paper or paper towels and it was so dirty she wouldn't have used it had there been any.
Do yourself a favor and don't stay there!

• Stayed March 2009