“Run down and tired...”

Ranked #45 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Sarasota, Florida
“Run down and tired...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with a group of kids because it fit the budget. For the purpose the location was an easy drive to the capital. If I was on vacation or staying on my own, I would have left and stayed elsewhere. The paint and walls are pretty worn. It looks like a place that has hardly survived one to many FSU tail gate parties. The continental breakfast was all pre packaged foods like you would find at a gas station. We hardly slept because the windows are so thin you could hear every person that walked by your room all night long. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in this price range that have been much nicer, it is a shame that to get something good in Tallahassee you must spend $200 .

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel for FSU parents! I had heard that the La Quinta by FSU was pretty nice and when I went to book noticed there were two listed in Tallahassee - North and South. I didn't know which one so I picked one - which was the North location. The rooms were smelly and unkept, I didn't feel comfortable with the location either. I felt like there was something crawling on me all night! The next time up there I booked the La Quinta Tallahassee South which is a much better hotel than the North is. I highly recommend the South location, room cleanliness and staff. The price is usually the same or lower at the South location. Book that one instead!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our stay was decent for the price. Bathrooms were small, almost having to get in the tub to close the door behind. They could use some updating. The room was a bit dingy, but overall it was an okay stay for the price. Be sure to wear shoes when walking on the floor or your white socks will be black. Pet friendly hotel. I had taken two memory foam pillows and forgotten them there, they found them and saved them for me for two weeks when I was driving back through Tallahassee to pick them up.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor. It was a bit noisy, also you could hear people taking their pets out thro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband checked in and said the counter person was unfriendly and said nothing about Internet or breakfast. When we checked into the room the linens were clean and that was it. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting! There was hair all over the floor, some kind of goo on the walls and dirt and gunk in every corner. The toilet had dried urine on it as well. The walls of the room were filthy. It looked like for years all anybody did was just come in and change the sheets and that's it. It is inexpensive but I would have paid more for a clean bathroom.

• Stayed March 2013
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable! The bathrooms are a little small, but clean. We arrived late at night after driving all day and the staff was so friendly & helpful. We wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank gloria601
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The first room we were assigned had an unbearable smell. The room we landed in was only slightly dirty. The entire property is in disrepair, and the walls are paper thin. It's next to noisy I-10. One bad night. I understand other hotels in the immediate area also allow pets.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple