“Good hotel if you aren't in a room on the side of Julie's Bar”

La Quinta Inn Tallahassee North
Ranked #45 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel three times. All occasions rooms were very clean albeit a little old, and hotel staff very helpful and courteous. But, once, even though I requested a quiet room, they put me in room 101, which is on the south side next to Julie's bar. NOT FUN. Very loud till after 2 a.m. DON'T STAY on that side of the hotel. The other two times, very QUIET and nice modest rooms at a good price, except when it is a Seminole Football weekend. $40-50 normal, $170 on those weekends is a total ripoff.

Room Tip: ask for room on inside facing other rooms, best bet, and not rooms 101-109 or 2nd floor equivs on ba...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sean D
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Tallahassee North

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Myself and two friends stayed at this property on our way from Clearwater, FL to Arizona. The property is just off of I-10 on the west side of town. The property is on the south side of I-10. I'm sure that at some earlier time, this was not a La Quinta property. La Quinta must have taken it over. Your first impression is that the place is "kind'a old and spred out". But if you can get past that and judge it against other hotels (and I've stayed at a lot of them) this was a "safe haven" for the night and was clean. That's the main thing. It was clean, the beds seemed to be brand new and extremely comfortable, the bathroom were of an older design but again, clean, and the free breakfast was everything you could ask for. Good coffee, danish, hardboiled eggs, toast, pancakes, and fruit. The staff was courteous and very professional. The property is very large with lots of room spred out over several added-on buildings. I was pulling a trailer and there was plenty of parking space in the back and just a short walk away from our rooms on the first floor. They have a nice swimming pool but we got in late and just wanted have a drink and go to bed. Yes - I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the property on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cryptocat1
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were traveling home from Georgia on the day before Labor Day and decided to stop in Tallahassee, as there was no way around Tropical Storm Lee whose rain and wind bands we began to feel as we approached Jacksonville. We were traveling with our dog, and we were fortunate to be able to make a last-minute LaQuina reservation. The hotel seems to be an older LaQuinta, as the rooms' doors open directly to the outside. The very pleasant desk clerk informed me that they had just updated their bedding, and there would not be feather pillows, which I do not want and usually inquire about. Despite being an older hotel, it was very clean, and the bed was quite comfortable in quiet surroundings. We were tired and hungry when we arrived. There is a restaurant on the premises, and we were allowed to sit outside on the patio with our well-behaved dog. Overall, this hotel provided a welcome respite on our drive home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is older, not very updated, but typical and not dirty. Don't stay in rooms 101,103,105,107,109, or their equavalants on the 2nd floor. This section (right by the entrance) faces am adjacent night club/bar and it's extremely noisy.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Jarred W
Reviewed August 4, 2011

If you are traveling with a pet to tallhassee this is a good choice
ROOMS HAVE BEEN UPDATED . GOOD VALUE FOR the buck.
breakfast ok

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

This hotel was clean and the staff was very efficient and friendly. We had a reservation and check in only took minutes. The pool was really clean. This was a great overnight stay while traveling without spending a lot of money. I will stay here again the next time I go to or through Tallahassee.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Reception at check-in: very pleasant.
Room: 1 King bed suite. The room included a frig and microwave. I used both and they functioned properly. The TV in the sitting room had no remote and did not work even when I pushed the ON button. The bed was decent and the room was clean enough overall, and the TV in the bedroom did work.
Best Points: close to the Tallahassee airport, within walking distance of a few restaurants. clean pool, no traffic noise.
Worst Points: they seriously need to vacume the room vents which have an assortment of dirt and hair built up on them. I was just getting into bed thinking the place would suit me just fine until I saw something black and curly out of the corner of my eye. When I looked up, I could see that there was a build up of filth in the vent that had begun to swirl when the AC came on.
Rating: I gave it a 3 in spite of the dirty vents because everything else was fairly decent for the price of about 65.00 a night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business