“GREAT STAY.. AWESOME STAFF” 4 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District
Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kentwood, Louisiana, United States
“GREAT STAY.. AWESOME STAFF”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I recently stayed the weekend in this hotel for a dog show that I attended. The hotel was clean, the room was big & clean, and the staff (Jessy & Karmie) were AWESOME!! The two ladies called to order pizza for me (for my dogs) while I was unloading & situating my dogs in the room. They were very friendly & professional. I could not have asked for better staff to deal with after driving 7 hours with 4 dogs by myself. If you have an opportunity to meet these ladies, please make sure you do it. The only bad experience I had was the bed in room 111 as it tilts down at the head of the bed when you lay down. So your head is down and your feet were up higher. I had to sleep across the bed at the foot of the bed in order to not feel like I was going to slide off under the bed!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words regarding our Staff. I will share your comments with both of them and encourage other members to follow the lead. We are in hospitality business and it is our goal that everyone leaves our hotel completely satisfied.

We have a routine maintenance program in place but I am not sure how we would've miss the tilting of the bed in your room. I will immediately have our Maintenance Engineer look into it and fix it. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serve you again soon !!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was very happy with the room, lobby and staff. The TV in my room did not work, but the front desk lady sent the maintenance man up to fix it promptly. The room was clean, attractive and quiet.

The advertised "hot breakfast" was ok -- the scrambled eggs were nice and there were some small little sausages that were better then the "sausage gravy" that is often available. But I was amused at the mouthwash size cups for the orange juice!! Now seriously--- I have seen very small juice cups at hotels... but 3 ounces???? Instead I walked over to the somewhat larger but still small coffee cups to get maybe 6 or 7 ounces of juice.

They did have an arrangement at the nearby YMCA for exercise for those interested in a workout--- which is nice. Overall, a very good hotel for a business overstay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to serve you again. I am glad that our staff was responsive to making sure your stay was perfect. I understand about smaller size for juice cups and I will speak with Owners to address the situation. Again, thank you and we'll see you soon.

Bandon, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was a good base for Tallahassee, the room was good and clean with a very comfortable bed and good internet. Breakfast was fine even though it was the same every day. Nice area and close to everything. The only downside was the noise through the walls, they are a little thin, but overall a good stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid comments about our hotel and services and look forward to serve you once again while in our city.

Laguna Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I travel 200 days a year across 3 coastal states and I will always return here! The facility is great and the management is unrivaled. I came into town this weekend for an impromptu meeting calling the hotel on my way during very bad weather. Rick not only remembered me, he promptly assured me that accommodation needs would be met and advised me of the dangerous weather conditions in my area of travel! When I did arrive everything (including the needed meeting room)was ready and waiting with a smile!! Please trust me and don't miss your chance to stay at a great hotel with superior service at the very best price around.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank redjuno2
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. Me and my Staff strive to ensure that each and every guest is delivered exceptional service/accommodations and I am thrilled that I personally had an opportunity to serve you on your last visit. Looking forward to be your host again in near future.

Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Just driving through. Check in went fine. Room was acceptable. Only thing out of place in the room was that I noticed an empty beer bottle laying on the floor next to the chair. Breakfast there started at 6:30. Advertised that there was to be sausage or bacon but there was none. Didn't have any sweet muffins or Danish pastries like other Quality Inns, only toast, bagels and English muffins. Area nice. Would stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and your willingness to return to our hotel. There was a time in last few weeks that our food supplier did not send some of the ordered items but the issue has been solved. I will share your comments with my housekeeping department to ensure that manager inspects each room prior to occupancy. Again, looking forward to serve you again.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were amazed by how nice the rooms were at this location. We live in Tallahassee, but whenever guests come to town (including for my daughter's wedding in July), we make sure they stay here because you get the best accommodations plus free breakfast for the lowest rate. It's also right in the center of Tallahassee. Rick and other staff at the Quality Inn were very courteous and kind!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you, Reeta for your comments. Me and my staff are fully committed to guests we serve on a daily business and it is rewarding to know that you and your guests enjoy staying with us. Thank you again and I will share your feedback with my staff as an encouragement to exceed our guest's expectations, every single time.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here because of the positive reviews and the price. We arrived around 7pm with a tired toddler who was ready to go to bed. There was a barking dog several rooms down who had been left alone in the room so I asked for another room, which was easily granted. Unfortunately after we were down for the night from about 9:30pm to 12:30am somebody was smoking in their room. The smoke came into our room as if they were smoking in our room. After complaining to the front desk I was given a partial refund. Katy at the front desk was professional and apologetic, but advised there wasn't anything they could do once guests are in their rooms. We had to wash all of our clothes at the next destination. This was quite possibly the worst hotel experience I've ever had. Breakfast was fair at best.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to learn that your room was surrounded by noise of fellow guest's pet and other guest smoking in a non-smoking room. We are pet friendly hotel BUT have only few rooms designated to allow pets. Now, that doesn't stop from our guests bringing in their pet without notification at front desk nor we can control actions of guests once inside the guestroom. We do enforce and charge for smoking in our non-smoking rooms to discourage these type of behavior. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and rest assured that should you decide to try us again, we will make sure that you leave our hotel completely satisfied with accommodations and services.