All reviewsroom was cleanhot breakfastchoice hotelsbiscuits and gravycentral locationthe breakfast arearoom rateup to dateair conditionermini fridgetargetfsufloridaratescollegegmcampus
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Tallahassee on Apalachee Parkway, and this place needs to be renovated. The place had a bad odor on the whole 2nd fl where my family and I stayed. The room had mold and mildew, and bugs coming out of the wall outlet. The breakfast food seemed to be leftovers, and they do not have any meat. No one is ever at the Front Desk, and my daughter was ate up by bed bugs sometime during the night. I will never stay at that low end hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shelia B
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Sheila,

I am sorry to learn that you left our hotel disappointed. It is not our goal whatsoever and that's why I leave my business card with my cell number on it so that our guests can reach me 24/7 to resolve any issues. Did you bring up your concerns while you were at our hotel? If you did and my staff failed to take good care of you and your family, then I would like to hear more about it. We have done more then $700,000 worth of renovation in past 4 years which included guest room furniture, fixture and equipment, guest room bathrooms and common areas. Our breakfast is better then most mid-priced hotels and provide scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuit and gravy with meat, grits, hot waffles, bagels and pastries, fruit, cereals, juices and various breads. Please call me at 850-877-4437 so that I may address your concerns further. Thank you.

-Rick Bhula

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had to stay on 11/27/13 due to deluge. Had not intended to stay in Tallahassee to begin with, but rainstorm impeded progress. Called for last minute reservation after consulting this website. We were not disappointed. Room was clean and quiet. Left early the next day, so did not spend much time in motel or surrounds. Would stay again.

Room Tip: No trucks running in parking lot when we were there, but it could be a problem.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Ronald,

Thank you for your comments and we would love to accommodate you again in near future. Wishing you best of year 2014 and beyond.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My daughter and I visited for one night in Oct while checking out FSU. Nice place. Easy to find, about 15 minutes to FSU, drive takes you through downtown, which was very interesting to us, as we had never been to Tallahassee before.

Room was perfect size for two people, with king size bed.We had handicapped room, so it had a huge shower. I think you were allowed to work out across tne street at the YMCA for free, which was a nice perk, although we didn't have time to do this.

Everything clean, reasonable price. Breakfast good, I like the do it yourself waffles. The hot food was Southern style, I think, grits and biscuits and gravy, which are not my taste, but many others appeared to be enjoying them. so I think they were probably good.

I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Beth,

Hi & thank you for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to be your host next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

As a FSU season ticket holder, our family spends quite a few fall weekends in Tallahassee. Since there were no available rooms at our hotels of choice...Best Western Plus or Comfort Suites, we decided to give this Quality Inn a try...even though we had a horrible experience at another Quality Inn on the other side of town last season. After looking at our reserved "regular" room, I went to see if there might be a "suite" that was available. Fortunately, the desk clerk (Katie) was more than willing to make sure our stay was a good one. She personally showed me another room just a few doors down from our original room. This suite was much larger and certainly an upgrade from the regular room. This made our stay much more pleasant than it would have been. Thank you Katie!

I appreciate the fact the this Quality Inn had dehumidifiers in every room. I will never go back to the Quality Inn we stayed at last year (located on Monroe Ave) in part because the bed we were sleeping on felt wet/sticky during the night since the air conditioner did not take enough humidity out of the room's air....very tough to get a good sleep under those conditions.

The location of this hotel is minutes away from the Governor's Square Mall, Target and numerous eating establishments. Even though our room was located just off of one of the main thoroughfares in town, it was very quiet...outside noise was not an issue.

The food was a typical hotel breakfast, although I was surprised that there was no sausage and/or bacon of any kind offered with the scrambled and fried potatoes.

Even though I prefer staying at the Comfort Suites just down the street, i would have no problem staying in a suite at this hotel for future FSU games when rooms at Comfort Suites are unavailable.

Room Tip: Suites are much nicer than regular rooms...well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed two nights on the weekend of 09/21/2013.

I chose the Quality Inn based on reviews on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The price was great for the game weekend and we had a very nice stay.

The room we stayed in had an odd coloring scheme with one plum-colored wall and an light orange chair. Hmm. It's not as bad as it sounds though. The room was clean and smelled good. The bathroom was very clean as well and very well appointed for the price. The bed was on the stiff side but comfortable. They put 6 or 7 smallish pillows on the bed.

The room has an empty mini-fridge and a flat-screen TV. We didn't use either, so I can't comment on them. The air conditioner was effective (it was freezing when we first walked in the room), but as is so often the case these hotel AC units struggle to get the humidity out of our very wet Florida air. This is where Quality Inn has done something I have never seen in any other hotel. Our room had a free-standing dehumidifier. We ran the unit the whole time we were there (there's a 6-hour maximum setting on it, but you just have to restart it) and the air was nice and dry. If I had a dollar for every night spent in a humid Florida room I'd be rich. EVERY hotel should do this and the person who put these in the rooms should be commended. Great idea!

A full hot breakfast was served, including scrambled eggs, sausage, grits, gravy, biscuits, and breads including bagels, english muffins, etc. I only had the grits and biscuits, which were fine. My wife had a bagel that she said was very poor. The english muffins seemed cold and a little hard so I avoided them. Four coffee types were served. Overall, ok.

Quality in is excellent, mostly based on the room. We will definitely look to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple