All reviews room was clean hot breakfast choice hotels central location the breakfast area room rate up to date air conditioner mini fridge target fsu florida rates college gm campus
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Front desk was outstanding helping me out with a situation caused by an online service. Not their issue but they went out of the way to help me. Thak you Mr. Bhula.

The hotel is located between a Kohls and Target so it's location was perfect for picking up college supplies. The cost of the room is reasonable since you are in the capital / downtown area.

Good value.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here previously, I was hoping this property had not fallen to the "Quality" standardsso many others in this chain have sunk to. This place hasn"t! The horrendous speed bumps are still present. The elevator is slow. The decor seems to be a mismatch of swatch sales, it really makes no sense. Thats it,that is all the negatives. I was warmly greeted upon check in, my room waiting for me. It was on the third floor, the green wall location. When the elevator doors open you are greeted by an entire wall of day glo freen with a few randomly placed mirror pieces. This has nothing to do with the otherwise muted purple, gold and blue. The room had a king bed, firm enough for support but still soft enough for "nesting"/ There also was a standard writing desk, plush chair/foot stool, mcro fridge, flat screen TV. The linens in the restroom were thick and fluffy, while those on the bed lend toward threadbare. There was no comforter or spread, just 2 sheets offering little protection from the elements!!Overall a nicely appointed room. The air conditioning was a beast. I actually had to get up in the middle of the night and turn it up as I was freezing, something that never happens!. Breakfast this morning consisted of the usual dry goods and pastries, hash browns, sausage gravy, eggs,a pretty nice spread Although I did not partake, it was visually and aroma filled appealing. I did not use the gym, nor do I know if one was present. There was a notice in the elevator stating if a key was shown at the WMCA across the sreet, admission was free. Half of the front desk service folks could have been a little more knowledgeable about the area and things around there, as after all a desk clerk is our tour guide! Overall a very pleasant stay, I hope this is my new "regular" hotel in Tally! This hot

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I almost missed the Quality Inn and Suites in three different ways – and all three showed what a great location and bargain this hotel is:

• I almost drove right past it – located a block away from a shopping mall, and right between Target and Kohl’s. With a number of great restaurants and night spots, this is an excellent location, but make sure to look for the green “Quality” sign.

• The hotel is NOT near the interstate – it’s a good ten-minute drive away. That means it’s much closer to the State Capitol, local Colleges and Universities and other state offices, so it’s also a very convenient location.

• All other hotel options in this area are Hilton or Marriott properties…with the rates to prove it! I was looking for a mid-priced hotel with higher-end features and cleanliness – and the Quality Inn and Suites was exactly what I hoped for…

Check-in was a breeze and very friendly. The entire property smelled fresh and clean, and there were no problems with any areas of the hotel that I could see. The room was outstanding – clean, large and included a hairdryer in the expanded bathroom area. An outstanding bed, flat screen TV, in-room coffee and a micro-fridge made this an A+! Perhaps the best two features weren’t noticed until the next morning. A free pass to the YMCA gym located across the street and an expansive and outstanding southern-style breakfast buffet that’s complementary for guests. Finally, the pool was rather large, and provided a cooling relief on this hot August day!

Room Tip: Nice pool and forest views (and very quiet) from the north-facing rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Maybe there have been updates since the poor reviews I see posted here. I travel weekly and typically stay in 3-3.5 star chains. It was actually very random that I ended up in this facility and I couldn't be more surprised. Excellent in this price point! Management has gone above and beyond- my suite is beautifully furnished and squeaky clean. I would recommend this particular property! I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your positive feedback. Yes, I had to step in at Front Desk & fired 2 agents who were failing to meet or exceed the expectations of our guests in delivering an exceptional service that our guests are accustomed to. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our accommodations. On your next visit, I would welcome an opportunity to meet you in person. Thanks again!!

-Rick Bhula
Cell: 850-766-5808

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have NEVER had a bad experience at the Quality Inn & Suites. From the Director of Operations and the rest of the staff have always been kind, helpful and will do everything to make your stay pleasant. I TOTALLY recommend this establishment. Thank you again for the Great Value and Service.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Jim,

I do remember our interaction while you were at our beautiful hotel. Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. You are a business owner and understand that it takes a lot now a days to manage staff and establishments. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and as always, welcome an opportunity to serve you again in near future. Thanks again !!

-Rick Bhula