“Good Value!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed here two times. Location is excellent and the rooms are comfortable and their furniture seems fairly new. Good price/value. Breakfast items not that appealing but overall is good. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I loved my stay at this wonderful hotel! I bugged the Front Desk woman Charity that night, but she kept it professional and was extremely kind. Breakfast was a tad bit old school, but it did it's job! I will stay again because of the staff, location, and amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the ice machine, the Front Desk person uses it at 6am
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spent three nights over the Memorial Day weekend. Room was clean and bed very comfortable.I especially liked the fact that room had a humidifier unit in it. Sofa and chair might need to be replace soon because they was a little bit worn. Breakfast was decent, nothing to brag about. Close at 9:30 AM, would have been nice if it stayed open until 10 or 10:30 especially on Sundays.Good location.Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Quality Inn has updated decor. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The bed was very comfortable and the sheets (and towels) were sparkling white which is a big plus. The only reason I did not give it an overall 5 was because of the rings where drinks had been sitting on the nightstands. It was obvious the cleaning person didn't bother to wipe them off.

The breakfast was slightly above the typical continental. I don't recall seeing any fresh fruit, but it is possible that it had been taken already since I got in at the last minute.

I would definitely recommend staying here and I will stay here again. It is an awesome value for the price.

Room Tip: They do allow pets so we requested a pet free room due to allergies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa W
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Newly renovated, clean, friendly folks, comfortable bed, and a great buffet breakfast. ESPN and ESPNU plus other sports channels and, I believe. two movie channels. Great value. What more could you hope for? Spent two nights over Memorial Day weekend and will go back if ever in Tallahassee again.

Room Tip: We were close to the breakfast buffet and could smell the aroma just by cracking the door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wildwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

First time at Tallahassee to drop our son off at FSU and this hotel worked out great! The hotel is conveniently located on the east side of Tallahassee and it has many conveniences located nearby (Governor's Mall, Target, Kohl, restaurants, etc). The one thing that stood out to me was the quality of customer service provided by all of the employees. The hotel front desk, cleaning crew, kitchen crew, etc....all went out of their way to be very polite and extremely helpful. Parking was good - well lit and more than enough parking spots. Dining was good - free breakfast was well stocked; dining area was always kept clean; attendant on duty to keep food stocked/refreshed. Rooms were clean - we had a double-room; beds were comfortable; wi-fi worked great; large TV....all good. Outside of hotel was clean and well kept --- does not have 'run down' look to it. Inside (foyer, hallway) were clean and well kept. The hotel is on the 'Apalachee Parkway' and it was easy to depart and head into Tallahassee. Even being that close to the 'Apalachee Parkway' -- the room was still quiet. All-in-all.....the hotel was very nice and I will use it again; and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review letting us know how well you enjoyed your stay. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal here at Quality Inn & Suites Capital District and I cannot tell you enough how thrilled I am to know how well you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know when you will be returning to Tallahassee as it would be my pleasure to make necessary accommodations for you. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Matt Lindley
850-877-4437 X404
mlindley@qualityinnandsuitestallahassee.com
East Lansing, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting my brother (a student at FSU). It was a good location for proximity to campus and downtown but even better it was within walking distance of a Target, Kohls, Wendy's and Jimmy John's.

There were six of us together (and a baby) and we had three rooms total. When making the reservation, we requested rooms together, specifically two rooms adjoining because of the baby. Upon check in, one room was upstairs, and two were across the hall from each other. This would not work with the baby as we planned to let him nap in one room, use the door in between to keep open and listen for him, so the rest of us could talk in the other room. At first they said that's all they had, until we really pushed and said that's what we requested upon reserving the rooms, and that's what we needed. Sadly, my grandparents still ended up on a floor above us somewhere. (Thank God for the elevator!)

Once settled into our adjoining rooms, everything else went ok. We had the crib we requested, the baby took his nap, and the rest of us congregated in the adjoining room. The room itself was a good size, and looked to be recently painted. The bed linens were very nice and looked new. There was definitely wear and tear noticeable (under the window there were big marks on the wall, like it was hit with furniture and never repaired). These types of things don't bother me as long as a room feels clean, and it did. The bathroom was very clean as well, and an ok size. I never ran out of hot water, and the shower pressure was good.

The inroom coffee and tea was nice--the travel cups were nice but there were no lids in the room. Big bonus for the inroom refrigerators!!

Finally--breakfast. I may have rated this above average if breakfast was better. We ran into someone near the elevators that made a comment about everything tasting like paste. Not a good sign. I think he was referring to the instant eggs. There was also two kinds of dry cereal, bagels and bread, milk and juice, canned fruit and yogurt. I had to work from the room that morning, but the rest of my family went out for breakfast after surveying the choices. I was able to find packets of Quaker instant oatmeal, and I added the fruit to the yogurt, so breakfast was fine for me. I also drank several cups of coffee from the breakfast area and that was good too. So if you go expecting an Embassy Suites style breakfast, you will be gravely disappointed. However, if you are ok with a quick, light breakfast, this will be fine.

I would also like to comment that the front desk staff seemed helpful for the most part and fairly friendly. The housekeeping guy was the nicest staff person we encountered. As I was working in the room that morning, he was cleaning the rooms around us, and he knocked once when I was on the phone. He apologized profusely. Later he knocked on our adjoining room and I told him we had a late check in; he said no problem and he was sorry again and would come back after we checked out.

Would I stay here again? For a one night stay to visit my brother, sure. I don't know that I would plan a vacation there though. I like a better breakfast when on vacation (and not working). I think the for price paid it was a decent value.

Room Tip: We liked the main floor for ease of travel with luggage (and a baby). The parking lot side was a li...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MGoBlueGrad
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and letting us know how your stay was. The day of your arrival the hotel was at high occupancy with only few rooms available and since all arrivals are not blocked into room numbers until day of check in there were only few options of rooms close to each other to accommodate all 3 of your rooms together however I’m pleased to know the front desk accommodated you accordingly and got you in two adjoining rooms. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. If ever traveling back to the Tallahassee area it would be my pleasure to make necessary accommodations on your behalf. Below is my direct contact information we hope to see you soon!

Matt Lindley