All reviews room was clean hot breakfast choice hotels biscuits and gravy central location the breakfast area room rate up to date air conditioner mini fridge target fsu florida rates college gm campus
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting my brother (a student at FSU). It was a good location for proximity to campus and downtown but even better it was within walking distance of a Target, Kohls, Wendy's and Jimmy John's.

There were six of us together (and a baby) and we had three rooms total. When making the reservation, we requested rooms together, specifically two rooms adjoining because of the baby. Upon check in, one room was upstairs, and two were across the hall from each other. This would not work with the baby as we planned to let him nap in one room, use the door in between to keep open and listen for him, so the rest of us could talk in the other room. At first they said that's all they had, until we really pushed and said that's what we requested upon reserving the rooms, and that's what we needed. Sadly, my grandparents still ended up on a floor above us somewhere. (Thank God for the elevator!)

Once settled into our adjoining rooms, everything else went ok. We had the crib we requested, the baby took his nap, and the rest of us congregated in the adjoining room. The room itself was a good size, and looked to be recently painted. The bed linens were very nice and looked new. There was definitely wear and tear noticeable (under the window there were big marks on the wall, like it was hit with furniture and never repaired). These types of things don't bother me as long as a room feels clean, and it did. The bathroom was very clean as well, and an ok size. I never ran out of hot water, and the shower pressure was good.

The inroom coffee and tea was nice--the travel cups were nice but there were no lids in the room. Big bonus for the inroom refrigerators!!

Finally--breakfast. I may have rated this above average if breakfast was better. We ran into someone near the elevators that made a comment about everything tasting like paste. Not a good sign. I think he was referring to the instant eggs. There was also two kinds of dry cereal, bagels and bread, milk and juice, canned fruit and yogurt. I had to work from the room that morning, but the rest of my family went out for breakfast after surveying the choices. I was able to find packets of Quaker instant oatmeal, and I added the fruit to the yogurt, so breakfast was fine for me. I also drank several cups of coffee from the breakfast area and that was good too. So if you go expecting an Embassy Suites style breakfast, you will be gravely disappointed. However, if you are ok with a quick, light breakfast, this will be fine.

I would also like to comment that the front desk staff seemed helpful for the most part and fairly friendly. The housekeeping guy was the nicest staff person we encountered. As I was working in the room that morning, he was cleaning the rooms around us, and he knocked once when I was on the phone. He apologized profusely. Later he knocked on our adjoining room and I told him we had a late check in; he said no problem and he was sorry again and would come back after we checked out.

Would I stay here again? For a one night stay to visit my brother, sure. I don't know that I would plan a vacation there though. I like a better breakfast when on vacation (and not working). I think the for price paid it was a decent value.

Room Tip: We liked the main floor for ease of travel with luggage (and a baby). The parking lot side was a little noisy though.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MGoBlueGrad
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and letting us know how your stay was. The day of your arrival the hotel was at high occupancy with only few rooms available and since all arrivals are not blocked into room numbers until day of check in there were only few options of rooms close to each other to accommodate all 3 of your rooms together however I’m pleased to know the front desk accommodated you accordingly and got you in two adjoining rooms. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. If ever traveling back to the Tallahassee area it would be my pleasure to make necessary accommodations on your behalf. Below is my direct contact information we hope to see you soon!

Matt Lindley
850-877-4437 Ext. 404
mlindley@qualityinnandsuitestallahassee.com

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions and have never been disappointed. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The breakfast is very good with fresh cooked items. Good parking and safe.Well located with a variety of choices of where to eat. They even give you a free pass to the YMCA across the street.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed at the quality inn and suites on a recent trip to Tallahassee and was blown away. Most quality inns are older however this hotel had newly renovated rooms and was very up to date. The staff and management here go above and beyond to accomodte their guests. I will definitely return keep up the great work.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is well located, on Apalachee Parkway but the hotel seems quite old, the service is minimal! Rooms are not perfect, they are confortable but quite old style! The hotel was a little bit noisy as well!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have just spent 4 nights here, our first trip to Tallahassee. It is very well situated off Apalachee Highway, just a few minutes from the city centre. Because of the nearby road, we requested and were given a room at the rear and I would recommend that others do the same, although if you are spending time in your room beware of the potential for noise from the outdoor swimming pool at one end. The highway didn't actually seem that busy. The only problem we encountered during our stay, rather noisy neighbours, was swiftly dealt with and without a murmur we were relocated to a more distant room, evidence that they do try to fulfill the manager's 100% satisfaction statement. Breakfast had ample choice, with freshly baked items being brought out when required. Both rooms we had were thoroughly clean and in a good state of repair for an older hotel.Our thanks to the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Room at rear should be a better choice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple