“Clean, good location, great price”

Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Clean, good location, great price”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel was in a good location, near quite a few restaurants. Rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. Bathrooms were in good working condition and clean. The free breakfast was good. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, biscuits and gravy. Along with the usual, bagel, English muffin and cold cereal. All this for a good price. We will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel . Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here at Quality Inn & Suites Capital District Hotel and I thank you for sharing your experience. If ever returning to the Tallahassee area please let me know as it will be my pleasure to make necessary accommodations for you. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed at Quality Inn & Suites on a recent business trip and could not have been happier with the service and the cleanliness through out the hotel. Hotel is newly renovated and management was on standby to assist me with anything I needed help with. Hotel offered a full hot breakfast in the morning with plenty of items to choose from not the traditional continental breakfast as other hotels offer. Will definitely be returning in the Spring for Legislative Session.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

As a business traveler I understand your time is sometimes limited therefore thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how were performing and for sharing your experience that you had with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority here at Quality Inn & Suites Capital District Hotel and our entire staff here strives to make certain that each guest has the best experience possible while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our facility for Legislative Session, please let me know if you need assistance with making reservations and my staff and I will be glad to make necessary accommodations for you. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great (free) breakfast which was slightly different (better) from other Quality Inn's that we stayed.
Free Wifi.

Good sized, recently renovated and clean rooms with comfortable beds.

Very friendly staff.

It is simple but great value for money. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've rated this hotel in the past and given it rave reviews and my opinion hasn't changed. Actually, it just got better! I've stayed at this hotel 40-50 times in the last year all for business and each visit has been very nice. The staff is outstanding and the accomodations are very nice and recently updated. But this review has less to do with the staff and building and more to do with the owners/GM.
On Christmas Eve when I went to grab my mail I was surprised to see a box from the hotel. Not and envelope, but a box. Initially I thought that perhaps I left something on my last visit and they were being nice enough to send it to me. That alone would have been amazing, but what was in the box was an even better surprise. I opened the box to find a Happy Holidays card from the staff/GM and a large container of chocolate truffles!! YUM!
I've never heard of a hotel taking the time to thank their regular guests by sending a card and chocolates! This made my day and makes me so happy that I frequent the hotel often! Rest assured that I will continue to visit this location and recommend it to my business associates!
Thank you so much Quality Inn for reminding me what true customer service is all about!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Valdosta
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I took a quick trip to Tallahassee to get away for a couple of days. After reading a few reviews on Trip Advisor we chose to stay at the Quality Inn and Suites there. What a great time we had!! The staff was great in greeting us and check-in. We had a small problem when our card key wouldn't open the door, but the manager came immediately and fixed the problem without delay! The room was clean and fresh. The bed was great and the whirlpool bath was heavenly!! We highly recommend the Quality Inn and Suites on Apalachee Parkway if ever you are in Florida's capital city!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
D
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had ist one night in there on our way to crystal river. I knew from Tripadvisor that it should be renovated. Our room on the ground level was distgusting. You couldn´t walk on the carpet because it was so dusty and sticky. It was like no one had cleaned the room forever except in changing the linens. Breakfast was another mad point because the whole food came out of plastic bags and tasted all the same. By the way it is a hotel why do they always use plastic dishes and everything. Such a lot of garbage.
I would never return there.

Room Tip: Just don´t stop here
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel and we value your opinion as a guest. It seems some of the comments you have made in regards to the cleanliness of our property are inaccurate and I believe you may be confused with another property as I noticed you wrote 5 other reviews for 5 different hotels all on the same day as ours. As noted from previous guests you are correct we are newly renovated which included a complete bathroom renovation update, shampooing of guest room/hallway carpet, new paint, landscaping, lighting, and updated fixtures throughout the property. The room you occupied during your stay with us was just completed only 3 weeks before your stay and carpet is in “Like New” condition. Our management team has a detailed preventive maintenance plan in place that includes a full deep cleaning of every guest room each month including removing furniture and shampooing carpet, touching up paint, servicing HVAC system, and full inspection of each guest room to assure that every guest room is in immaculate condition.
In regards to your comments about the complimentary hot breakfast buffet it seems you may have been mistaken. We offer a full hot breakfast cooked fresh daily which includes Eggs, Sausage, Biscuits, Gravy, Potatoes, Grits, Fresh Fruit, Waffles, Bagels, Toast, English Muffins, and Yogurt none of which come out of plastic bags. It would be my privilege to discuss further with you directly and if ever returning to the Tallahassee area I would love to personally show you around our facility and give you a complete tour of our breakfast area including detailed insight on how all items are packaged and prepared. From what I can see in previous history, you are used to ultra luxury hotels as you have written reviews at such hotels as Hyatt, Marriott Beach Resorts etc. We are a select service hotel and do not have full service restaurant, therefore disposal dishes and utensils are normal for our hotel type across the nation and around the world. If there is ever anything me or my staff can assist you with please do not hesitate to let me know.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here on a recent buisness trip in Tallahassee staff and management were great and very assertive to my needs. The fill hot breakfast in the morning is exaxtly what I needed to start my day off. Will definitely stay again when I return in January. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012