All reviewsroom was cleanhot breakfastchoice hotelsbiscuits and gravycentral locationthe breakfast arearoom rateup to dateair conditionermini fridgetargetfsufloridaratescollegegmcampus
Reviewed July 8, 2012

First time in Tallahassee to take my daughter to visit FSU. We were scheduled to arrive during Tropical Storm Debby but with Casey's help and she reporting on the weather conditions we arrived on a sunny storm-free day, and later in the visit Whitney helped suggesting apartments near FSU for my daughter (staff were courteous and helpful) .Check-in and check-out were quick and easy. Great hot breakfast. The attendant at the breakfast area was a real gentleman. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and bathrooms were/are getting a make over. Next to restaurants and Governor's Mall. Minutes from the Capitol and FSU. Thank you for everything !!! We'll be back in August !!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

I was pleased that they allow pets. The $50 fee was expected. The clerk who checked us in was friendly and put us on the 1st floor. Lots of great places with sidewalks to walk the dog. Near the mall if that matter to you. Target and kohl's are around the corner. Popcorn and tea I the lobby were appreciated. Pool is small but looked clean. Kids seemed to have fun there. Overall the hotel is showing wear. Bathrooms are being renovated. I hope they can bring it back. The staff appears to be trying.
It is a clean place for a nights stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel is fantastic overall, you can tell that the owner has put some real money into this place to make every room nice. I will be staying here again with my wife. The general manager Matt Lindley was very professional and helpful as my wife and I had some special needs. Forget what the low review people are saying, they must not have stayed here. Go Quality Inn & Suites!!!

Room Tip: stay in the couples suite...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmericanTravelPro
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel just damaged the reputation of the whole chain. I made reservations at this hotel several months ago and received a confirmation email stating that the rooms which included a room with a roll in shower were available. Now mind you the confirmation email was received more than a week before our stay. Then when we showed up for our stay we were told that the room with the roll in shower wasn't available because the wing the room was in was being renovated, now I know just from looking at the hotel that these renovations had been going on for some time obviously longer than either the reservation or confirmation email had been in the system, but the hotel didn't have the decency to notify us of this fact in advance so we could make other arrangements. Rather they let us show up tell us the room we needed and had confirmation was available wasn't. And due too the fact there was a tournament in town they're no other rooms.

And to add insult to injury we were chewed out in Spanish, obviously the young insulting desk clerk didn't realize I knew just enough Spanish to know what he was saying. I would avoid this hotel at all costs. And will use this chain as a choice of last resort only.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Firstly this place is undergoing major refurbishment at the moment so I can not say what this place is like normally.

The hotel is half closed, with dust sheets blocking off large areas. The bar area is a mobile ice cream bar and a fridge. The breakfast area is cramped and dirty, breakfast is at beast ordinary.

There is only one lift and when a large amount of people are leaving at the same time it is a nightmare getting down from upper levels. We had to use the stairs which when we got down we couldn't get through hotel because of building work and had to walk all the way round the hotel to get back to the lobby.

The best thing about this hotel was Rick the guy at the lobby, he couldn't do enough for us and if I was running a hotel in this area I would get down here quick and offer him a job as he was way to good to be working here.

Room Tip: Wait until building work has been finished or go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Mr. Morris,

Thank you for writing comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff's performance and I will advise Ricky of his outstanding Guest Service skills. Few things I wanted to point out where misunderstanding could have occurred. In real estate building, material things has a life and need to be replaced every few years and we are excited to undertake this project despite recession like economy.

Major refurbishment you are referring to is not accurate. We are only doing bathroom renovation as guest rooms were completely done 2 years ago. We only had six rooms out of 90 that construction workers were working on and that spells less then 10% of the hotel room inventory. You were part of European Tour Group and had occupied 35% of the hotel and furthermore you were on second floor but construction rooms were on first floor. Together with other guests, we were sold out on the day of your arrival. We opened our breakfast bar 1 hour early anticipating your Group's departure prior to our normal opening hours as a special favor. Being a Select Service Hotel and according to Standards from Choice Hotels International, we met or exceeded breakfast seating requirements of 26 seats.

Groups are advised in advance to enjoy our breakfast in 2-3 batches to properly serve our guests however that did not occur from your side thus resulting in overflow of guests. 20 item Full Hot Breakfast bar including Eggs, Potatoes, Biscuit/Gravy, Sausages, etc is more then sufficient compared to our rate of $50 to $60 for this time of the year. Value far exceeds price paid, including other amenities such as Free Internet, Free Newspaper, Free Manager's Reception, Free access to full Exercise Facility (YMCA), to name a few. Cleanliness is not an issue as we inspect our breakfast on a daily basis, prior to opening, during operating hours and after Attendant completes their work.

We are not a full service hotel and our Mobile Bar is part of a Manager's Reception providing Snacks, mixed drinks and soft drinks. Generally, 5-10 guests utilize our reception on a daily basis, thus no need for elaborate Bar settings. If we can keep our costs down and keep your room rate low, would not that be a win-win situation for both of us?

I sincerely welcome a personal dialogue to clear up any misunderstandings you may have and welcome you back to our hotel. Let me know when you are in the area and I will be glad to accommodate you and thank you again for staying with us.