“Quality by name only”

Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District
Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Firstly this place is undergoing major refurbishment at the moment so I can not say what this place is like normally.

The hotel is half closed, with dust sheets blocking off large areas. The bar area is a mobile ice cream bar and a fridge. The breakfast area is cramped and dirty, breakfast is at beast ordinary.

There is only one lift and when a large amount of people are leaving at the same time it is a nightmare getting down from upper levels. We had to use the stairs which when we got down we couldn't get through hotel because of building work and had to walk all the way round the hotel to get back to the lobby.

The best thing about this hotel was Rick the guy at the lobby, he couldn't do enough for us and if I was running a hotel in this area I would get down here quick and offer him a job as he was way to good to be working here.

Room Tip: Wait until building work has been finished or go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Mr. Morris,

Thank you for writing comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our staff's performance and I will advise Ricky of his outstanding Guest Service skills. Few things I wanted to point out where misunderstanding could have occurred. In real estate building, material things has a life and need to be replaced every few years and we are excited to undertake this project despite recession like economy.

Major refurbishment you are referring to is not accurate. We are only doing bathroom renovation as guest rooms were completely done 2 years ago. We only had six rooms out of 90 that construction workers were working on and that spells less then 10% of the hotel room inventory. You were part of European Tour Group and had occupied 35% of the hotel and furthermore you were on second floor but construction rooms were on first floor. Together with other guests, we were sold out on the day of your arrival. We opened our breakfast bar 1 hour early anticipating your Group's departure prior to our normal opening hours as a special favor. Being a Select Service Hotel and according to Standards from Choice Hotels International, we met or exceeded breakfast seating requirements of 26 seats.

Groups are advised in advance to enjoy our breakfast in 2-3 batches to properly serve our guests however that did not occur from your side thus resulting in overflow of guests. 20 item Full Hot Breakfast bar including Eggs, Potatoes, Biscuit/Gravy, Sausages, etc is more then sufficient compared to our rate of $50 to $60 for this time of the year. Value far exceeds price paid, including other amenities such as Free Internet, Free Newspaper, Free Manager's Reception, Free access to full Exercise Facility (YMCA), to name a few. Cleanliness is not an issue as we inspect our breakfast on a daily basis, prior to opening, during operating hours and after Attendant completes their work.

We are not a full service hotel and our Mobile Bar is part of a Manager's Reception providing Snacks, mixed drinks and soft drinks. Generally, 5-10 guests utilize our reception on a daily basis, thus no need for elaborate Bar settings. If we can keep our costs down and keep your room rate low, would not that be a win-win situation for both of us?

I sincerely welcome a personal dialogue to clear up any misunderstandings you may have and welcome you back to our hotel. Let me know when you are in the area and I will be glad to accommodate you and thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stay at this particular hotel a minimum of 6 times per month for business. They always have a clean entryway, and a friendly smile at the front desk. The rooms are spacious enough, comfortable, and most important, clean! I stayed at this hotel first out of convience and location to my work in Tallahassee, I continue to frequent this hotel because of the service and clean rooms. Kasey works the front desk most times when I'm in and she really makes the experience easy. Plus, you get a free breakfast and not just pastries and fruit! The offer eggs, potatoes, sausage, gravy, biscuits, cereal, oatmeal, coffee, juice and more! It's a great place to stay!

Room Tip: They offer suites that have a heart shaped whirlpool tub if you're feeling romantic!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is our privilege to be your host hotel when traveling to the Tallahassee area. I understand you have many hotels to choose from when deciding where to stay and I truly value your loyalty choosing to stay at Quality Inn & Suites when traveling to the area. If there is ever anything I can assist you with during your stay with us please do not hesitate to contact e directly and it will be pleasure to assist you. We look forwards to serving you soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We had to travel to Tallahassee with a School Campus Tour and I was not looking forward to having to chaperone 30 high school students in a hotel. When I heard we were staying at a Quality Inn I was positively dreading the trip!

I was blown away by this hotel! They had the rooming list and keys set when we arrived and the hotel is completely new! They must have just finished with a renovation because the furniture, decor, and linens were all fresh. The staff did a great job accommodating all of us for an early breakfast and the entire stay was relaxing (as can be with 30 teenagers) and simple!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling and needs lower price with a great value. See you next time Quality Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for one with the newly renovated bathrooms! I didn't get one, but one of the parents did and...
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My business travel has involved weekly trips to Tallahassee for the past several months. This hotel has been a wonderful discovery! Kasey and the front desk personnel are always professional and welcoming. The managers are attentive, and they have made the reservation process easy and efficient. The rates are extremely reasonable. The value far exceeds other hotels in the area. I love the quiet property and the convenient location to the Capitol. I am so happy to have found this home away from home!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LisaWillTravel
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here during a college tour of Florida schools with my daughter. The reviews seemed decent as did the pictures so I booked it at a very cheap price. I should've remembered the saying you get what you pay for. The hotel was very dark and dingy. The lobby area was dark and they had turned off all the lights in the breakfast area. The walls and carpeting were dark and dingy as well. Although the furniture in the rooms didn't seem that old, the carpeting was and the whole place was dark and felt seedy. I am sorry I cancelled my room at the Hilton Garden Inn. Would've rather paid the extra $30 and had a nicer place to stay. The only bright spot was the friendly college student, Uri, who worked at the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have been travelling to Tallahassee for legislative business for close to four years. This hotel is my preferred property whenever I have to stay in town based on location, price and condition of the property.

The reservation process is very easy, and the staff is extremely courteous and helpful. I am always lucky to have Kasey at the front desk when I check in, and I can always count on a well maintained, quiet place to stay in Tallahassee.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I've been on buisness in tallahassee for the past couple years, and have never had a bad experience at the quality inn and suites. The front desk supervisor is always ontop of things and makes my stays more enjoyable as well as the staff and managers. I always feel welcome upon check-in and throughout the stay.