All reviewsroom was cleanhot breakfastchoice hotelsbiscuits and gravycentral locationthe breakfast arearoom rateup to dateair conditionermini fridgetargetfsufloridaratescollegegmcampus
Reviewed September 14, 2011

After staying at the Quality Inn (Monroe Street) in Tallahassee and having a horrible experience, I cancelled reservations for the next two weekends even though that meant we had to travel 1 1/2 hours to Lake City after the Oklahoma game on Sept. 17th. We did manage to get reservations with the Quality Inn & Suites this past weekend...it was near perfect! Everything was as you would expect....good service, a CLEAN room, large king size bed, flat screen TV, air conditioning that worked, and close to the mall and a number of places to eat. The only thing that made this hotel expect not perfect was the fact that the light on the sign out front was not working and we drove a couple miles up the road before calling our oldest daughter who attended school at FSU and told us where the hotel was. Will reserve our rooms for next season here in the future!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel wasn't bad...have stayed in plenty worse. Everything seemed taken care of - there were some modern updates although the age of the hotel shows through in some elements however. I wouldn't exactly say its the cleanest but not dirty. Stayed here for a recent FSU game...price was very reasonable compared to other hotels in area and felt safe and quiet.

Room Tip: book early for FSU games!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for three days in July 2011 while visiting family who lives in Tallahassee. Room was clean, bathroom was clean. Pretty typical continental breakfast, but also some hot items (biscuits/gravy, eggs, make-your-own waffles, etc.) Pool looked clean, but we did not use it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jlguy2
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We were in town for FSU's graduation. I made reservations here almost a year ago. When making reservations, I requested a room with a king bed and fold out sofa. I expected to get a room, just a little larger than a regular room. Upon our arrival, the desk clerk was courteous, polite and knowledgeable. We quickly checked in and went to our room. We were surprised and pleased to find we had a true suite with a living area and separate bedroom! There was a TV in the living area as well as the bedroom. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. My son said the sofabed was better than most, but still a sofabed. My daughter described the room as "tricked out" with upgraded furniture. This looks to be an older hotel that has been recently remodeled. The bathroom was an older style, but was spotless which is what I look for. Some of the towels were a little on the thin side, but served their purpose. This motel practices conservation in that if you are willing to hang your towel and reuse it, they will leave it in your room. The motel advertises free wi fi, but my son's laptop would not connect to it. They had a service guy come and see if he could get it to work, but he couldn't either. He stated he thought the internet was down. We have an air card, so it was ok with us.
The hot breakfast was adequate with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits, bagels, toast, fruit, yogart, OJ, apple juice, coffee & tea. They also had a waffle maker so you could make you own waffles. As this was graduation weekend, the motel was completely booked which made the breakfast area crowded. Some people were standing to eat. I spoke with a gentleman in the eleavator who stated he paid over $200 for his room that weekend, I made my reservation well in advance and paid alot less than that. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay again if I'm in the Tallahassee area. The parking lot was adequate with plenty of parking. The pool area was a little on the small side, but adequate as well. We did not use the pool, our comments are from observation only.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We take great pride in serving our guests to our fullest capacity. Yes, we were sold out on Graduation Weekend and trying to accommodate more then 150 guests in the breakfast area at the same time was little challenge and we apologize for any inconvenience. However, we would like to welcome you back in experience our first class hospitality in future. Sincerely,
-Rick Bhula, GM

Reviewed December 17, 2010

A friend and I stayed here for a day of christmas shopping. The location is very close to Governors Square Mall. There is a Target right next door {in case you forgot something}.
The room was fine. Still seem to have a small issue with mildew in the bathroom but not offensive. Overall not bad.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2010

It is a beautiful time of the year !!! Thank you for selecting our hotel during holidays and writing a review on TripAdvisor. Concerns you brought up were informative and we would have cheerfully changed your room immediately, had we were given an opportunity. Our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper, responsible for room maintenance, are diligently working to ensure that situation is alleviated immediately, for future guests. Wishing you Happy Holidays and Wonderful New Year !!