“Great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bell, Florida
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We were in town for FSU's graduation. I made reservations here almost a year ago. When making reservations, I requested a room with a king bed and fold out sofa. I expected to get a room, just a little larger than a regular room. Upon our arrival, the desk clerk was courteous, polite and knowledgeable. We quickly checked in and went to our room. We were surprised and pleased to find we had a true suite with a living area and separate bedroom! There was a TV in the living area as well as the bedroom. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. My son said the sofabed was better than most, but still a sofabed. My daughter described the room as "tricked out" with upgraded furniture. This looks to be an older hotel that has been recently remodeled. The bathroom was an older style, but was spotless which is what I look for. Some of the towels were a little on the thin side, but served their purpose. This motel practices conservation in that if you are willing to hang your towel and reuse it, they will leave it in your room. The motel advertises free wi fi, but my son's laptop would not connect to it. They had a service guy come and see if he could get it to work, but he couldn't either. He stated he thought the internet was down. We have an air card, so it was ok with us.
The hot breakfast was adequate with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits, bagels, toast, fruit, yogart, OJ, apple juice, coffee & tea. They also had a waffle maker so you could make you own waffles. As this was graduation weekend, the motel was completely booked which made the breakfast area crowded. Some people were standing to eat. I spoke with a gentleman in the eleavator who stated he paid over $200 for his room that weekend, I made my reservation well in advance and paid alot less than that. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay again if I'm in the Tallahassee area. The parking lot was adequate with plenty of parking. The pool area was a little on the small side, but adequate as well. We did not use the pool, our comments are from observation only.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We take great pride in serving our guests to our fullest capacity. Yes, we were sold out on Graduation Weekend and trying to accommodate more then 150 guests in the breakfast area at the same time was little challenge and we apologize for any inconvenience. However, we would like to welcome you back in experience our first class hospitality in future. Sincerely,
-Rick Bhula, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed December 17, 2010

A friend and I stayed here for a day of christmas shopping. The location is very close to Governors Square Mall. There is a Target right next door {in case you forgot something}.
The room was fine. Still seem to have a small issue with mildew in the bathroom but not offensive. Overall not bad.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
It is a beautiful time of the year !!! Thank you for selecting our hotel during holidays and writing a review on TripAdvisor. Concerns you brought up were informative and we would have cheerfully changed your room immediately, had we were given an opportunity. Our Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper, responsible for room maintenance, are diligently working to ensure that situation is alleviated immediately, for future guests. Wishing you Happy Holidays and Wonderful New Year !!
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My friend and I booked the hotel for the FSU game. Like all the hotels in the city, the prices skyrocket from weekdays, but this was not too bad. I found the staff to be incredibly helpful. I called ahead about possible plane problems that might stop me from getting there the first night and Matt was wonderful and left notes on my account. He could just as easily said "So sorry for you. Too bad"
When we arrived, there was a welcome note in our room as well as free bottles of water and some snack chips. It was a small gesture, but we were grateful for the thoughtfulness.
Most importantly, our room was clean. I don't need trendy places to stay. I just care that it is clean and I am glad that it was.
The only downside to our stay was something that the hotel could not control. We signed up for the shuttle to and from the hotel to the game. It was $12/person roundtrip. The shuttle company contracted with the hotel, so it is not run by the hotel. The company brought a bus that was too small for the number of people that had signed up. So my friend and I had to stand on the way there, which I don't mind as we take public transportation at home and are used to standing. But there was NOTHING to hold on to. We were clinging on to the wheelchair lift for dear life and the driver could not have cared less as he gunned it and stopped without regard for our safety.
When we got the stadium, he asked that we be back at that location about 25 minutes after the end of the game and gave us tickets to give to the driver so they would know we had paid for roundtrip fare. We left the game about 2 minutes early and walked straight back to the location, only to watch the driver leave without us. We were 20 minutes early! We immediately called the company and were given nothing but lies and excuses on why the shuttle left 8 PEOPLE waiting to get on it! I won't go into all the details, but we were left standing outside for AN HOUR while the company kept lying about where the bus was and why it was OUR fault that more people boarded the bus than they thought. Why give us tickets to prove we had purchased return fare then!? They would not refund our money. We watched the football players leave, we watched the cops directing traffic leave, the streets were empty and we were still told that it was a traffic issue, when the hotel is 10 minutes away. It was pathetic and a horrible company to try to deal with. The man just lied and lied and did not care that he and his driver just left us out there for an hour. Whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE THE SHUTTLE from the hotel. Not the hotel's fault, but ABSOLUTELY awful service.
When we reported our displeasure of the shuttle service to the front desk, Stacy was great. Other people had complained and he had written down notes and room numbers. This was not just something that was going in one ear and out the other. You could tell that they have a commitment to customer service. I travel quite a bit, and usually do not have to interact with hotel staff, but then the need arose, I was grateful for their attentiveness.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carrena0426
Dear Guest,
I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our professional staff while in Tallahassee. I was disappointed to learn that you had an unpleasant experience with our third party provider. Shuttle service, to and from stadium is provided by company not affiliated with Quality Inn & Suites. Situation you experienced was beyond our control, however, we have terminated our "referral agreement" with shuttle provider so our other guests will not be inconvenienced in future. Thank you for your time and looking forward to serve you once again under better circumstances :)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2010

The friendliest hotel we have ever stayed at. We received the best treatment ever. We came to Tallahassee to start a restaurant. I must say from my second night their I received a nice discount on my room compared to the first night, free tickets to the first FSU football game, and other things not mentioned. The first restaurant we were looking at the deal fell through, and put us in a bit of a tight spot. I was looking for a cheaper place to stay to save money, and mentioned this to the Manager Rick Bhula. He instantly gave me my week at the price of the place I was going to go too. Saved me not only in money, but headaches as well.
The staff are excellent. If it was the subject of food, things going on with the business we are pursuing, locations to find permanent housing, anything we went to the desk to talk about we received helpful and useful information. Made me feel so at home,and welcome that I felt the need to reciprocate by buying a simple dinner for one and a gift for another.
I stayed from Aug. 24th to Sept. 9th 2010. We were actually a bit sad when we had to leave. Thank all of you for everything you've done for my Family and I. Thanks The Guzman Family!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ft. Myers, FL
Reviewed July 21, 2010

On a recent trip to Tally for college visits, we stayed at this hotel because of the Choice hotels promotion, the value, and recent reviews on Trip Advisor. The rooms were like new with elegant interiors and comfortable beds. Wide screen tv was a plus. So was the hot breakfast that was part of why we stayed there, although the eggs and sausage were just okay. The breakfast lady was very helpful and kept the breakfast area clean. Best thing was the location near Govenors Square mall and in the nicer section of town. We hope to stay here again if the price allows.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
st. petersburg fl
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Check in was quick and easy. All staff were great accommedated our early arrival with no extra fee. Room was clean and well stocked ,a little small for four people but manageable. Room was quiet ,didnt hear any outside or hall noise and we were on the front side and right by the elevator. Poolside was great. Free breakfast was decent and plentiful. Close to downtown capitol,stores and restaurants. Safe decent area. Free passes to nearby fitness center. Will stay here any time we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank whitehouseboy
QIASFL808, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I remember your visit and my entire staff members were glad to accommodate your special needs during your visit to Tallahassee. It is also refreshing to know that our hotel improvements made a difference in your stay. Looking forward to serve you once again in near future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2010

We had traveled to Tallahassee from Miami to visit Florida State University for my daughter. I must write that Quality inn & Suites was wonderful. Me and my wife were nicely suprised that they offered a free upgrade to a suite since we were going to be there for few days. Entire staff was very polite and eager to help, specially Syntia at Front desk. Rooms were nice and comfortable. Complimentary hot breakfast and free internet access made a difference in our stay. We will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family