“Outstanding service....older style Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed March 26, 2009

The location of this hotel is a few miles from downtown but then again, it is closer to the Highway. This is the older style RI, with larger rooms but it does not have the new modern style that some people like (I don't). The beds IMHO are much more comfortable here then the newer RI's who have decided to go with very very hard mattresses. The staff here is always outstanding, way above average. There are also a few restaurants withing walking distance which the other RI in the city lacks. The only negative I can come up with at this location is that it is not sparkling brand new....but it is clean so I could care less.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed October 3, 2007

This is a relatively new hotel but first class all the way. The room was clean, well-stocked with everything you could possibly need and the amenities are too many to list. The kitchenette has a full-sized refrigerator and dishwasher, cabinets and drawers with all the necessities and a 2 burner cooktop. The bed was THE most comfortable bed I have ever slept on - including my own. The air was cold and the shower was hot. The staff was friendly and helpful in every way - we truly felt like "guests" rather than just customers. The housekeeping staff (Miss Victoria especially) went out of its way to accommodate our every wish and whim. If you have small children, the pool area is shallow at both ends and totally enclosed by a security fence accessible only with room cards and the whirlpool tub is not so hot that they can't get in. Sadly, we only got to spend one night there but for extended stays it is by far the best. They will even do your grocery shopping for you free of charge! The hot breakfast buffet was to die for - everybody's favorite things. They don't have a restaurant but nolefood.com is a local delivery company that lists about 20 different kinds of restaurants, from pizza to sushi and everything in between. They only charge $5 to pick up your order and deliver it right to your room. We had Chinese and it was great. We loved our stay here and are looking for reasons to go back to the area so we can stay again! The only reason I did not rate it "Excellent" is for the lack of permissable smoking - but that's the only downer I found.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 12, 2007

We stayed here with our 1 1/2 year old and got a two bedroom suite. The location is fantastic: right off of I10/THomasville and Capitol Circle...The rooms were fine, just okay, very standard...the staff was above normal friendly and helpful...they served a snack each evening...I found the staff to be above average...the maid even wrote us a nice note...I have heard that the Hampton is newer/nicer though...

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Arriving at 11 pm to check in, was surprised to find an uncharacteristically unfriendly front desk person. The person never greeted me, welcomed me, or smiled, even after looking up my Marriott Rewards information to see that I am a seasoned rewards member having achieved upper levels within Rewards. I am also a 3 week Marriott Vacation Club owner. She remained unfriendly to the point of rudeness during my check-in. I doubt she will even turn in my stay, so I plan on mailing it myself to ensure points.

Later, my wife wanted a blanket for herself and our son. Wife called to request 2 blankets and was told no, she couldn't have 2 because the hotel only had 1. My wife responded incredulously that she was amazed Marriott didn't have a blanket for every bed. Front desk person said the others were in other rooms. Wife asked if front desk person would then check an empty room for a second blanket. Front desk said that she would "see."

After a few minutes, wife went to front desk. Same person was working with re-coding room keys and didn't look up. Wife waited. Then, wife walked up and down in front of the desk and finally said, "You may be wondering why I am here." "Oh, no," said the front desk person. You're here for a blanket." The blanket had been sitting on the counter behind the guest area this whole while. Wife said, "May I have the blanket?" "No," said front desk person, while continuing to re-key cards "because you asked for 2 and I don't have the second." Wife says, "Most people would say "May I help you? or You must be the person who wanted the extra blankets. I'll be right with you." Front desk person stared blankly at wife and said she'd be back. She returned with a second blanket. Wife asked for her name. Maybe she gave her her real name, maybe not. Wife picked up the card for the general manager and will take this further.

If you stay here, be aware that either some front desk people are missing the slogan posted on the wall about being among friends at Residence Inn and their doing whatever it takes to create a satisfied guest." And if you're cold, you may not be able to get a blanket without really pushing the issue.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed March 12, 2007

We arrived in town with no reservations and were delighted to find this hotel. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. Very professional and friendly. Rooms were spacious, clean, bright and well maintained ( and we are PICKY! no tolerance for mold or dirty linens!). Didn't use the sofa bed - so can't comment. Breakfast was hearty and served in a clean dining area. Evening reception for guests was a nice treat. Location is near great restaurants, shopping and main roads through town. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, safe, comfortable place to stay in Tallahassee.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank NorthCarolinaLucy
Reviewed July 25, 2006

In Tallahassee for a four day weekend. My husband and I reserved a two bedroom suite with my sister and her husband. Having the connecting sitting area allowed us a relaxing time to visit. The breakfast was quite good. Delicious hot cookies were served each afternoon!

The hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating.

If in the area again we would certainly consider staying there.

Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed July 19, 2006

Nice one-bedroom suite. Indoor pool, good service (they'll even go grocery shopping for you). Excellent location, quiet room. I would stay there again. Reasonable rates.

Stayed: July 2006