“Great location, nice room”

Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #25 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Arrived late while traveling to Orlando for vacation. The gentleman working the night shift was rather unfriendly, but other than that we enjoyed our quick overnight stay. The breakfast was great and had a good variety (can't complain when it's free!!!). The staff during the day shift are very courteous and considerate. The rooms were comfortable. I think the AC could have worked a little better, but other than that we were pleased.

Room Tip: get rooms on the upper floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on our hotel! I’m sorry your arrival experience was not the best, but I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our breakfast options. Thank you for your positive feedback, we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The one bedroom suite was large and comfortable. The staff was excellent. We selected this hotel because it was close to the interstate and very convenient. It is within walking distance to several restaurants. However, there was road noise on our side of the building. Also, the satellite TV takes 8 seconds to respond, so be patient when you turn on the TV. If it cuts off at the end of the 8 seconds, call the front desk for help and a "reboot." Double check the breakfast time with the front desk. They stopped serving breakfast 30 minutes earlier than the posted information in the room. The young woman at the front desk was very impressive in maintaining her winning smile and attitude. Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room without street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Mama09

I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our comfortable suites! We apologize for the variance in our breakfast hours. We try our best to be great service providers here at the Residence Inn I-10. Thank you for your comments; we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent one night at this location while on our way to Orlando. We had 2 rooms. There's lots of space, the kitchenette is plenty big, as is the bathroom and bedroom. The hotel is not fancy or inviting, the carpet is very dark, the rooms are dark, the parking lot is very dark and the lobby is dingy.

The breakfast is a disappointment, but most are these days. The employees though, they were all very nice and helpful.

One HUGE complaint: The showerhead in both our room and my son's room squealed very, VERY loudly! It was like having a tea kettle squealing next to your head while showering. I see this mentioned in a couple of other reviews as well so it's not like the hotel has not been made aware of the problem. They need to get this fixed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Treadburners67

“There’s lots of space, the kitchenette is plenty big, as is the bathroom and bedroom” We are happy you enjoyed the space; however my team and I would like to apologize for the experiences you encountered at our hotel during your stay with breakfast and maintenance.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We chose the Residence Inn off of I-10, Tallahassee, FL because it was near the event venue we were to attend - an 80th Birthday Party for a friend.
We always check if there have been any renovations in the last 3-5 years, and this one had a 2009 reno. We expected a clean, updated place and were not dissapointed. The lobby, sitting area, Breakfast room and suite were in very good shape. Our one-bedroom suite had new granite counters, a flat stove top (2 burners) a stainless refrigerator and a fairly new couch/chair/ottoman. The bathroom/dressing area was fine. Breakfast is a full one from grits or oatmeal to eggs/bacon/sausage/potatoes to bagels/bread/muffins. Juice and of course fresh coffee.
There is a good sized indoor pool and exercize room and a snack area also.
One of the nicest parts of the stay was the very good front dest service. They were very accomodating in every way, friendly - and with a smile! We had two nights of very comfortable arrangements.

Room Tip: 3 floors of studio, one-bedroom (2 TVs) and two bedroom (2 TVs and a gas fireplace). We chose 3rd fl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

LindenSafety

Thanks for the nice comments and choosing Residence Inn I-10 as your home away form home! Our Team looks forward to your next visit in Tallahassee, Fl!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Excellent stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though it was close to major highways, this was a very quiet and peaceful area. The kitchen area and sleep area were separate so it made it feel 'more at home'. Very Clean and neat layout. I rated it 4 out of 5 because it is a bit pricey. But if you don't mind spending a little more, then this is where you want to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Sal B

“Excellent stay, Staff was very friendly and helpful” Thanks for the positive feedback; we always want to make you feel right at home! Look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Great customer service. Every need we had was quickly addressed. Travelling w kids, the morning breakfast and nightly reception made it well worth the value. The nightly reception when we were there provided beer and wine,juice, naxhis cheese chili for the nachos quacamole salsa and all the fixings. Did not need dinner afterward. Our only complaint was the xholorine fumes in the indoor pool were so string we need to prop open the door. There is a basketball court closed off so you could easily be at the pool and gave another child safely play. They also had a Hugh gas grill for use and a fire ring. The films have real fireplaces so bring a log.

• Stayed: April 2013
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Arena3jean

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. I’m happy to hear you and your family was able to take advantage of the morning breakfast and nightly reception. Thank you for bringing the chlorine fumes in the pool room to our attention. I have personally looked into the issue with our maintenance team. Our staff and I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Christopher Flanders- General Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 days and had a good experience. I enjoy the size of the rooms and the extras that come with the room -- small kitchen, workspace, living room area, etc. The location of the hotel is great for Florida State University related events. The housekeeping staff was very good and provided extra towels and help loading the dishwasher. Overall the room was good but had problems with small details...stains on the carpet and the bathroom door, a shower head that sounded like a tea kettle. And for rooms facing the parking lot, be ready for them to collect the garbage loudly very late at night. But for the area, this property has worked well for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

JLlowa

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your 3 day travels to Tallahassee. I’m happy that you were able to relax and enjoyed the extra amenities that came with your room. We look forward to seeing you during one of the Florida State Football Games! Go Noles! We always look forward to hearing where we can improve in our hotel. I have addressed the small details issues with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. My apologies in regards to the garbage pick up late at night; normally our pick up time is during the mornings. Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review.

Christopher Flanders- General Manager