“Lots of space but no frills, and the showerheads sound like teapots.”

Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #26 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent one night at this location while on our way to Orlando. We had 2 rooms. There's lots of space, the kitchenette is plenty big, as is the bathroom and bedroom. The hotel is not fancy or inviting, the carpet is very dark, the rooms are dark, the parking lot is very dark and the lobby is dingy.

The breakfast is a disappointment, but most are these days. The employees though, they were all very nice and helpful.

One HUGE complaint: The showerhead in both our room and my son's room squealed very, VERY loudly! It was like having a tea kettle squealing next to your head while showering. I see this mentioned in a couple of other reviews as well so it's not like the hotel has not been made aware of the problem. They need to get this fixed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Treadburners67

“There’s lots of space, the kitchenette is plenty big, as is the bathroom and bedroom” We are happy you enjoyed the space; however my team and I would like to apologize for the experiences you encountered at our hotel during your stay with breakfast and maintenance.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We chose the Residence Inn off of I-10, Tallahassee, FL because it was near the event venue we were to attend - an 80th Birthday Party for a friend.
We always check if there have been any renovations in the last 3-5 years, and this one had a 2009 reno. We expected a clean, updated place and were not dissapointed. The lobby, sitting area, Breakfast room and suite were in very good shape. Our one-bedroom suite had new granite counters, a flat stove top (2 burners) a stainless refrigerator and a fairly new couch/chair/ottoman. The bathroom/dressing area was fine. Breakfast is a full one from grits or oatmeal to eggs/bacon/sausage/potatoes to bagels/bread/muffins. Juice and of course fresh coffee.
There is a good sized indoor pool and exercize room and a snack area also.
One of the nicest parts of the stay was the very good front dest service. They were very accomodating in every way, friendly - and with a smile! We had two nights of very comfortable arrangements.

Room Tip: 3 floors of studio, one-bedroom (2 TVs) and two bedroom (2 TVs and a gas fireplace). We chose 3rd fl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

LindenSafety

Thanks for the nice comments and choosing Residence Inn I-10 as your home away form home! Our Team looks forward to your next visit in Tallahassee, Fl!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Excellent stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though it was close to major highways, this was a very quiet and peaceful area. The kitchen area and sleep area were separate so it made it feel 'more at home'. Very Clean and neat layout. I rated it 4 out of 5 because it is a bit pricey. But if you don't mind spending a little more, then this is where you want to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Sal B

“Excellent stay, Staff was very friendly and helpful” Thanks for the positive feedback; we always want to make you feel right at home! Look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Great customer service. Every need we had was quickly addressed. Travelling w kids, the morning breakfast and nightly reception made it well worth the value. The nightly reception when we were there provided beer and wine,juice, naxhis cheese chili for the nachos quacamole salsa and all the fixings. Did not need dinner afterward. Our only complaint was the xholorine fumes in the indoor pool were so string we need to prop open the door. There is a basketball court closed off so you could easily be at the pool and gave another child safely play. They also had a Hugh gas grill for use and a fire ring. The films have real fireplaces so bring a log.

• Stayed: April 2013
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Arena3jean

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. I’m happy to hear you and your family was able to take advantage of the morning breakfast and nightly reception. Thank you for bringing the chlorine fumes in the pool room to our attention. I have personally looked into the issue with our maintenance team. Our staff and I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Christopher Flanders- General Manager

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 days and had a good experience. I enjoy the size of the rooms and the extras that come with the room -- small kitchen, workspace, living room area, etc. The location of the hotel is great for Florida State University related events. The housekeeping staff was very good and provided extra towels and help loading the dishwasher. Overall the room was good but had problems with small details...stains on the carpet and the bathroom door, a shower head that sounded like a tea kettle. And for rooms facing the parking lot, be ready for them to collect the garbage loudly very late at night. But for the area, this property has worked well for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

JLlowa

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your 3 day travels to Tallahassee. I’m happy that you were able to relax and enjoyed the extra amenities that came with your room. We look forward to seeing you during one of the Florida State Football Games! Go Noles! We always look forward to hearing where we can improve in our hotel. I have addressed the small details issues with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. My apologies in regards to the garbage pick up late at night; normally our pick up time is during the mornings. Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review.

Christopher Flanders- General Manager

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn Tallahassee during Spring Break of 2013 after returning from our cruise. This hotel was the mid way point from Miami to our home and we thought it would be a good idea to stop there before continuing home. This hotel was perfect for my family. The rooms were clean and spacious. This hotel had an indoor pool and a patio area that included a fire pit. The location was perfect. Right off of I10 and very convenient to many eating establishments. If we drive to Florida for our next cruise this hotel will be on the top of our list.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank QueenPooh
RIManager96, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Greetings QueenPooh, Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I know after the long drive from Miami it was comforting to find that you could check in and relax and enjoy our amenities. As you pointed out we are a great mid way point between Miami and Houston. We are also a good stopping point for people heading to Disney. Our location off of I-10 and also right next to an Outback has been a great stop for many weary travelers. We look forward to your next cruise and your stop at The Residence Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North.
Thank you again for your kind words.
Gigi Cassedy
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I will be staying here for 2 months for my husband's job. We have 2 teens and a dog. I was going to the laundry on the second floor and ahousekeeper saw my son struggling with 2 baskets. I have a bad back and could not lift. She asked to help then took the heaviest basket and carried it to the laundry room on the second floor. Later she saw me heading back to change the laundry and she offered to carry it back to my room. I was just switching from washer to dryer but I really appreciated the offer. Engineering, front desk, and food service staff are very friendly and inqire if everything is ok often. They are super friendly too. My kids love in indoor pool and whirlpool. There is a nice BBQ grill for guest use and a gas firepit.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank hsmomndad
RIManager96, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear HSMOMNDAD,

The staff at Residence Inn would like to thank you for taking time out or your busy schedule to send such a nice letter. We know that moving, especially, with two teens and a dog is hard on everyone. Relocation takes its toll and our goal is to make this your Residence. How proud I am that our staff is not only friendly but caring as well. I hope during your stay that you will take full advantage of our gas grill and enjoy our outside experience with fire pit. The weather is lovely in Tallahassee and while the evenings may still be a little chilly our fire pit will warm you but even better our indoor heated pool and spa makes the long day disappear. Thank you again for letting our staff know that they are appreciated.
Gigi Cassedy Assistant General Manager