“Beter than all the rest”

Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Yankeetown, Florida
“Beter than all the rest”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

First the staff, all were most pleasant and went the extra mile. Gwen, at reception was a wonderful front person for you to meet upon coming into the hotel. Rooms were clean and well stocked. The first room backed up to I-10, so the noise level was too much for us.They kindly moved all our stuff to another in a different location with in the hotel, Perfect.

Room Tip: request a room not backing up to I-10
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
RIManager96, General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Barbara E

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Gwen and staff enjoyed hearing the great feed back about your check in process and experience with our hotel. I'm so happy we were able to accommodate you by moving you away from I-10. Thanks again for staying with us, our team looks forward to your next visit with us.

Christopher J Flanders~ General Manager
Christopher.Flanders@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the past couple of years but I would say I will never stay in this hotel again. I recently transferred to Tallahassee and my wife came to see me we got a room at the residence inn, after checking in and going to the room my wife walked into the bathroom to find a very large cockroach and ants all over. I know all about Florida bugs but are you kidding me! If we could have I would have paid the extra money to stay down the street.
My advice pay a little more and stay a couple of block away!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RIManager96, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Davem4625;
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize for the problem that you experienced with your room while staying here. We strive on a daily bases to exceed all Marriott standards of cleanliness and I am sorry that this oversight on our part lead to an uncomfortable stay for you. We have and inspection and treatment contract with Ecolab and we have reported this incident to them. I hope that you will view this as an isolated incident and condinue to use and recommend Marriott Hotels.
Gigi Cassedy
Assistant General Manager
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

First, the staff of the Residence Inn on I-10 could not have been more helpful, customer-focused and dedicated. However, the hotel itself is WAY overdue for rennovation. The rooms are more than dated. Bathtubs are worn that the bottom surface is so slick you cannot stand in them without slipping. The hotel could offer suction mats and asking for one at 6 am is not likely. The location of the hotel is within 50 feet of I-10, so if you are sensitive to noise...be forewarned. The parking is limited and spaces narrow. In summary, the only thing that keeps this Residence Inn afloat are contractors who apparently use it as a base of operations. The facility and physical plant are not Marriott-standards. This hotel was probably great...about 30 years ago.

Room Tip: Do not stay near I-10
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear dcseny,
Thank you for your review from your stay at The Residence Inn by Marriott Tallahassee North. I want to apoligize for the problems that you experienced with your hotel accommodations. We try, on a daily basis, to make our guests comfortable and exceed their expectations of a residence not a room. I am sorry that we did not do this in your case. Thank you for the kind words about the Residence Inn staff.

Gigi Cassedy
Assistant General Manager
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We knew we'd need a hotel for a stopover in Tallahassee, en route home from a trip to New Orleans, but didn't have a reservation. We spotted a cluster of hotels near restaurants off Rte. 10 and picked this one out of the blue. We absolutely loved it! The front desk staff are all sweethearts. The rooms are huge, beautifully decorated, and comfy as home. There's a fire pit outside the pool to hang out at. The Outback is right next door. During the week, they serve not only free hot breakfast but free dinner to boot! And if you leave a shopping list in your room, they'll pick up and deliver your groceries to the room!!

Stay here! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012
Suzymobile47

We are happy you made the stopover in Tallahassee at the Residence Inn Tallahassee North! Our team gets so excited about the comments our guest provide to us, and I enjoyed sharing them doing our daily stand up! We are delighted you were able to take advantage of some of the great services offered at our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to provide great comments to trip advisor and our team looks forward to seeing you, your next visit.

Christopher J Flanders-General Manager
Miami, FL
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel took care of all my needs. I reserved the 2bedroom 2bath suite and the room was excellent. Everything was clean and in good condition. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Free breakfast is served every morning and it was very good. Its right off of the I-10 expressway, therefore you do hear a little bit of car noise from the window, but I was able to sleep just fine. The Hotel is about a 15 minute drive to the Capital & FSU. Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FSU1999
FSU1999

Go Noles!!! Thank you for your comments! Delighted you enjoyed your stay with our team! Look forward to your next visit!

Christopher J Flanders- General Manager
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family of four stayed here on the way home from a vacation in central Florida. It is in a great location and very easy to get to from the interstate. We were extremely impressed by the staff at this hotel. Before we even got to the check in desk, three staff members had spoken to us. Check in was quick and easy and our 2 bedroom suite was absolutely immaculate. Understand that I am a VERY picky traveler and will not hesitate to complain if the room is dirty, smells or is generally undesirable. Our room faced the back parking lot and was very quiet. The convenience of having 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms for our family (2 older teenage girls) was wonderful. Everyone had their own space to stretch out and relax and we also had the convenience of a family room and the kitchen. We would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff is absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here because of close location to FSU campus. It was convenient, clean, and served a great complimentary breakfast every morning before we rushed off for an all day orientation session on campus. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business