“AWESOME PLACE TO STAY!”

Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #26 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is by far one of the BEST hotels ever! Everything from the friendly staff, cleanliness of the lobby, eating area, the rooms, and even the parking lot area. I have met both, the manager and assistant manager at this property and they have always made me feel at home, (since I visit the area often). The front desk are top notch and they greet you with a smile! Housekeepers are top notch and they greet you with a smile! Always consistent, which is why they will continue to get my business. You will not stay at another Residence Inn by Marriott and receive the kind of service, received at this property, (and I'm a business traveler so I have stayed at MANY marriott properties and other chains). This property is second to none. Give these people your business and an award! <smiling>

Room Tip: There are several good restaurants near the hotel, (and some are within walking distance). This pro...

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had a reservation for the 2 room suite which was booked a couple of weeks in advance. This was to be a birthday party for my granddaughter. She had invited 6 other girls to come along for swimming and to spend the night. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told that the manager (Gigi Cassedy) had allowed the customers who were staying in that suite to extend their stay and I had no room. The clerk behind the desk tried to be helpful but this was only the third day he had worked there. We ended up all staying in one room because we didn't want to separate the girls and have them running up and down the hallway. I guess the manager can do whatever she wants as long as she is not working and gets someone else to take the heat for the mistakes she makes. I have stayed at places when I wanted to extend my stay and was told the room was reserved by someone else and was unable to stay. Wonder what happened to honesty is the best policy. Needless to say, I will NEVER use or trust the Residence Inn again.

Room Tip: Don't use Residence Inn
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
RIManager96, Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

EleanorH

Please accept my apologies for making your granddaughters birthday less than perfect. It is my duty, as the Assistant General Manager to make sure that all reservations are in place and that we are accommodating all the guests needs. I failed in that responsibility for your reservation and then was not present to guide you through this situation. Unexpected stay-overs do happen but regardless you should have been informed, by me, prior to your arrival so that we could discuss the options available to you. I truly apologize for your uncomfortable stay and I invite you back so that we can provide you with the excellent guest service that we are known for.
850-422-0093
Ri.tlhri.agm@marriott.com

Reviewed March 18, 2012

My late evening check-in was handled by one of the most efficient and friendly front desk people ever! The cleanliness of my room and common areas is about average. The people who work the breakfast and happy hour are very good. Overall, the service is solid.

The recently-remodeled room was large and comfortable. The only issue I had was that the "high-speed" internet wasn't high speed at all. It was very very slow. I called tech support and they acknowledged that there is a lot of network congestion at the location. This is the slowest internet I've seen in a while. The picture on my TV lagged the sound by a good 2 seconds. This was very annoying. I don't know if this is the network congestion or a Comcast problem (or both).

If you can deal with the lack of internet and poor TV quality, this place is worth a stay.

Dear MSPTraveler2

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our assoicate. I have to agree they are the most efficient and friendly people ever. As a business person I know how important the high speed internet is for your work, we have shared your concerns with our internet technicians and they are currently working on this issue. To complement our beautiful flat screen TVs we will be upgrading to digital satellite. Thank you again for your concerns and I apologize for any inconvenience.

850-422-0093

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from a cruise with three other couples. We had two 2 bedroom/ 2 bath suites. The hotel has been renovated with pleasing decor, but it still shows its age. The hallways are quite dreary. The kitchen in our unit had not been cleaned properly, and the heating unit was not working properly. Since the temperature dropped well below freezing the night we were there, it made our stay a bit unpleasant. The hotel was full on the night we were there, so we didn't bother to complain. I told them about the heating problem when we checked out, so I hopefully this has been corrected.

Our stay was satisfactory, but far from the best. The location was excellent, and there were many restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
RIManager96, Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear MSRuby-7:
Thank you for staying with us on your way back from your cruise. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite and that you found our decor pleasing...I want to apologize for the problem that you experienced with you room while staying here. We try, on a daily basis, to make our guests comfortable and exceed their expections: the biggest part of that being they have a clean comfortable room, I am sorry that we did not do this in your case.

The problems you experienced are out of the ordinary for our hotel. We strive on a daily bases to exceed all Marriott standards of cleanliness and I am sorry this oversight, on our part, lead to an uncomfortable stay for you. I hope you will view this as an isolated incident and continue to use and recommend Residence Inn Tallahassee and Marriott hotels. Your feedback is a valuable tool that guides us to continue to strive to exceed our guest's expectations and I thank you for your contribution.

Safe travels,
850-422-0093 x401

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Overall rating of hotel is very good with a few exceptions. The bathrooms need to be updated to include bars in the showers. The television in the living room area did not work. And the bathroom in one of the bedrooms had not been cleaned very and checked thoroughly - there was a pair of ladies panties still hanging on the door from the previous guests.

Dear Pat H:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and make me aware of the issues that you had. We received new television cable receivers and that seems to have taken care of the television issue in the living room. Our handicap accessible rooms do have the handle bars in their bathrooms and I have passed along your suggestion to the appropriate person. We at Residence Inn Tallahassee North take great pride on our rooms so please come back to stay with us so you will see our excellent staff and standards.

Warm regards,
850-422-0093 x 401

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The floor plan for the 2 bedroom suite is comfortable and efficient. The management is another issue. I reserved a 2 bedroom suite for a family of 6 (4 children under the age of 5) coming in for a wedding who needed a kitchen because of a child's food allergies. I reserved the room over 5 months in advance. Upon my arrival to the hotel, I secured the family's room with my credit card and was assured there was a 2 bedroom suite waiting for them. At check-in they were given a one bedroom suite and another room (that was not even adjoining). I guess the hotel thought four small children should stay in a room alone. So the family of six had to share one bed and a sofa. The manager explained that existing guests had requested to stay another night in their 2 bedroom suite so the hotel allowed them to stay, taking the suite reserved for my family. I have never know any hotel to allow this. The manager offered a one night discount but then still billed me at the rate for a 2 bedroom suite which the family never got! I complained in the survey that was sent to me after our stay. I received no response. I complained to Marriott Customer Care, and they informed me all complaints/resolutions are handled by the local hotel management. Marriott did not even apologize or indicate that any Marriott policies were not followed. So...in my opinion, if it doesn't matter to you what type of room you stay in or that you have a room at all, then this hotel might work for you. But if it matters, I would not make a reservation at a hotel that will give your room away. I will never stay at a Marriott again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Dear Traveler3Homewood_AL,

Thank you for staying with us for your family wedding. I am glad that you found your two bedroom suite comfortable and efficient. I want to apoligize for the problems that you experienced with your hotel accommodations. We try, on a daily basis, to make our guests comfortalbe and exceed their expectations of a hotel, when they are away form home. I truly am sorry that we did not do this in your case. I would like to invite you back for your next family event so that we can provide you with a warm welcome Residence Inn stay.

Best regards,
850-422-0093 x 401

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We lived here four months after a storm made our home uninhabitable. The associates treated us so well and became family. Gigi, Shawn, Chris, Mary and other key individuals assure every quest's comforts and requests are noted. The only drawbacks to this property are no king beds and very busy weekends, but the exceptional customer service makes all the difference!

• Stayed: August 2011