“Thanks”

Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #492 of 802 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Set up team dinner there. Had to get the team in and out due to a tight schedule. Worked with staff to preselect a few menu options and they had us in and out in no time. Boys left well fed and happy. Thanks for the great service and good food!

Visited February 2013

Tallahassee, Florida
“Too much food , far to many upsets for a party of four”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well after a movie I stopped with my wife and two friends for an early Saturday evening meal. We were ready for a nice relaxed Italian meal. I had an enormous helping of Chicken Cacciatore, My wife Mary had chicken "Under a brick", one of our guests opted for the steak with eggplant,mushrooms and the side of Macaroni& cheese w/pancetta ,her Husband had a chicken dish I cannot recall the name of, but it began with an M' (a woman's name) and was served in a white sauce with mushrooms in a pasta bowl. . The steak dish was reasonably sized and our friend found the offering tasty and enjoyable. The service received was rather slow and very unpredictable. No bread was offered until after our meals had arrived,and had to be requested. No cheese was offered, and after requesting it, it still did not appear. The salads never did show up. My wife Mary was not impressed with her chicken dish nor I with mine, mainly because several hours later at home enjoying good conversation with the same friends three of us did not feel well at all ! It ended up feeling like three of us had eaten at a bad fast food restaurant ! The Chicken was the apparent common denominator for our "disappointment". On phoning the restaurant later to register our displeasure, we were met with an uncaring matter-of-fact denial from a person who identified themselves as the assistant evening manager ! No 'sorry' was extended for our experience, but I was told the matter had to be"the result of some other source than the Macaroni Grill" ! We did not order deserts because the service was so very slow ! We told our waitress of the missing salads and bread, but she simply shrugged. This was not our first trip to the Macaroni Grill, but may well be the last, especially due to the uncaring response to our expressing our displeasure with the results of the evening. Caveat emptor !

• Visited February 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Very Good Pasta”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I don't understand all of the hullabaloo regarding the price and service of this place. In my experience the food was amazing and the staff were very attentive and nice. The manager even came to our table to ensure that everything was to our standards. Sure it is a little more expensive than olive garden, yet the portions are equally as big, it is never as loud, the staff is far better, the atmosphere is much better, and the taste is vastly superior. In addition to this the options available are far more authentic than other restaurants. My carbonara was delicious and cooked to a perfect al dente. My party enjoyed our experience thoroughly and would consider this place worth every penny.

• Visited May 2012
Umatilla, Florida
“Over-priced”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Has a nice environment and a great wait staff but the food was not the greatest. I ended up sick the next morning. It was either because they put too much garlic or something else was going on with the food. I know it had something to do with the food because I was only sick that following morning. It was ashame to pay that much for food you end up getting sick from (and not get to sightsee that morning). Carrabas is better by far.

Visited January 2013
Florida
“Thank Goodness for Pepto Bismol”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have eaten in the Altamonte Springs, FL and Lake Mary, FL locations and have had good food in a clean environment. So, when I was in Tallahassee, FL I decided to try that Macaroni Grill.

What a mistake.

When my party was seated, the manager brought bread plates to the table-- they were wet. I asked for dry plates, so my bread would not get wet.
She brought a towel to the table and dried the plates there. The server brought water glasses, but one was so dirty that I had to return it for a clean one. Same with the tableware-- dirty from water or grease, could not tell.

We ordered our food and I had the sole. It arrived with one piece buried under the greens, and another piece draped over the top like a corpse--- and that is what it tasted like. Completely overcooked. The manager replaced that piece of fish with a new one. The calamari was served-- the pieces on top were hot, those inside were not.

The eggplant parmigiana was fried with pieces of unmelted cheese on top.

When we finished our disappointing meal, we noticed a young man at the adjacent table hurrying to the bathroom clutching his stomach.

After we left the restaurant, I found some Pepto Bismol to ease the stomachache that hit me within half an hour, too.

There are serious problems at this Macaroni Grill.

• Visited February 2013